Jeremy to buy 8000 houses ! !

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, im 73 and still in control of my bladder thank you very much, smash ya face in

In theory it's a good idea.....but in practice we don't have, and could never build enough houses to house the people we already have, never mind the ones corbyn wants to let in.  The majority of

We've got enough houses already we just have to many people.

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Kay said:

they can acquire or build as many houses as they like just make the rents affordable or they will end up on the streets again :thumbs:

For most people, that's the problem. Housing is too feckin expensive and until mortgage lending returns to 3 times one worker's income and interest rates return to the historic norm of around 5% it will remain that way. Homelessness is much more complicated issue than 'just give them a house' and sadly is unlikely to be resolved anytime soon. It's a political stunt for the media circus and will be forgotten by next week. Ignore the politician, he is almost certainly lying.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

For most people, that's the problem. Housing is too feckin expensive and until mortgage lending returns to 3 times one worker's income and interest rates return to the historic norm of around 5% it will remain that way. Homelessness is much more complicated issue than 'just give them a house' and sadly is unlikely to be resolved anytime soon. It's a political stunt for the media circus and will be forgotten by next week. Ignore the politician, he is almost certainly lying.

Its hardly any wonder that a lot of kids never effectively leave home its to expensive to private rent & they cant save the colossal amount needed for a deposit on a mortgage, there seems to be a lot of this renting a spare room out , a friend of mine said her sons just given up a 2 bed semi he was renting for 500 a month  then all the bills on top of that & has moved into a house thats shared by 3 blokes, they all have a bedroom & use of kitchen bathroom etc, they all pay £ 70 a week & that includes the bills.

I couldn't have afforded to have my own place at today's prices if I was starting out now , thankfully i got my mortgage in the 80's when it was cheaper & thank god its paid off 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Kay said:

Its hardly any wonder that a lot of kids never effectively leave home its to expensive to private rent & they cant save the colossal amount needed for a deposit on a mortgage, there seems to be a lot of this renting a spare room out , a friend of mine said her sons just given up a 2 bed semi he was renting for 500 a month  then all the bills on top of that & has moved into a house thats shared by 3 blokes, they all have a bedroom & use of kitchen bathroom etc, they all pay £ 70 a week & that includes the bills.

I couldn't have afforded to have my own place at today's prices if I was starting out now , thankfully i got my mortgage in the 80's when it was cheaper & thank god its paid off 

I rented for 10 years before I emigrated. It cost me £800 a month. The landlord was retiring and wanted to sell the property and the cheapest I could get in the same area was £1300 a month. So I went for a mortgage and the most I could get was £150k which put me slap in the middle of a council estate with a massive crime problem... My kids at this point are 4, 3, and 1. I just couldn't do it even with the 40+ hours of overtime I was doing a week. I took the money I'd saved and moved out of the country.

I bought this place just under 3 years ago. I'm 30 miles outside the city, and the city is a loose term as it has around 100,000 people in it. I'm in a village of 600 people and I live on half an acre. If I walk to the end of the street and turn right I could walk uninterrupted until I hit Area 51! With the exchange rate at the time, it listed for around £80k.

Simply put I cannot afford to live in Britain and it boils my piss to see hard working people penalised at every turn when the people making the rules are exempt from them.

3 hours ago, scothunter said:

Owner said "it's to discourage staff from smoking outside the building"

Really! I would think a written warning would be more discouraging

A Wicker Man would have been better...

Edited by ChrisJones
  • Like 4

I went for a mortgage and the most I could get was £150k

im not knocking you just wondering Chris did you consider just relocating to another area what year was this?  ....I reckon 150k would have got you a decent suburban nice area property around these parts  obviously there's other factors to consider

2 hours ago, The one said:

Wheres he going to buy all these houses any mention of building houses its not in my back yard ? 

From housing associations -

"Under the plans, the next Labour government will strike a deal with housing associations – similar to that done by the Conservative over the right-to-buy – to make the homes available immediately as they fall vacant, and fund the replacements via Labour’s national housing programme. In this way, the homes for rough sleepers will become available much more quickly than if they were built from scratch."

And yes this is part of the wider planned National Housing Programme that will include building at least 100,000 council and housing association homes for affordable rent and sale every year.

Still waiting for an answer to my previous reply to you in this thread BTW...

On 29/01/2018 at 16:53, BGD said:

He promised 16 year olds who can't vote loads of thing so they would vote for him? :huh: Not sure that makes any sense pal...

What policies exactly did he change?

72 is only a year older than Trump and he's an incredibly healthy stable genius, hardly in some home pissing himself in a chair! Don't be so ageist ;)

57 minutes ago, kanny said:

I went for a mortgage and the most I could get was £150k

im not knocking you just wondering Chris did you consider just relocating to another area what year was this?  ....I reckon 150k would have got you a decent suburban nice area property around these parts  obviously there's other factors to consider

This was 2006 and £150k got me 2 bedroom semi in Farnworth near Bolton. I worked in Bolton at the time and relocating would have meant giving up my job which at the crest of the global financial collapse wasn't something I wanted to gamble on. We had one income and 3 kids in nappies. I didn't like my situation so I changed it.

• Like 4