Dry Food.... To Soak Or Not To Soak

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Throw it in the bin and feed fresh meat .......

Not sure of the scientific benefits of even feeding dry foodstuffs to lurchers... But when I did, I always poured some lukewarm gravy/broth over the mess,..it just made me feel better...   AS rega

A dog should have plenty of water available 24/7 if you feed them dry food or soaked mate ?

Posted Images

This the thing with dry no matter how good the quality. ,some animals especially those reared on just raw, y'all find soaked will do. Them better ,teeth a good car ass or two a week will keep them clean . Nothing dehydrates a hound quicker than dry and those that go ta water and drink excessive amounts will eventually suffer with digestion or some stomach problems pancreatitis bloat etc.raw the best but we know some folks life style don't suit raw.soak the dry they all soak in the greyhound kennels .atb bunnys.

Always thought boiling water was a no no over dry food

Never heard of that but would like to know more if possible. Like said it's rare that I do it but I have in past and I've always put boiling water over it never a problem with them but if there is a possibility of problems I won't do it again