UP THE DALES ,,, done the ton again

it must be a different world up there, are you literally falling over um . no matter what the circumstances are that is still a creditable amount of work for the dogs and men . in all seriousness those rabbits must way close to a tonne when there not paunched. i struggle to carry twenty back. thanks for sharing

Definately NOT falling over them matey...like Tomo said we struggled to get 10 early doors last night and being truthful i thought we were gonna get perhaps a dozen or so at best BUT we plodded on and then plodded on some more lol..we just kept on going until we found some bunnies...finding them ones thing then catching and carrying the f*****g things is another haha...sometimes the way to go is just put your head down and just battle on and HOPE!!

:thumbs: .ATB Andy. ;)

:laugh:The truth is Andy,..'it is a young man's game'... :laugh: ...

www.chalkwarren.co.uk

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

had a cracking night last night with poacherspocket, and his sons frankel, and ginnyspinner frankel had don, and ginnyspiner had the labradoor ,,, the plan was to drop frankel and ginny on one far

im supriced at the few people that think its easy ,,, let me just add we were at it from 9 pm til around 4 am,, then driving round pic up points, then hanging them on the gate ect,,,, left the land

well you have a point to a certain degree doggy bag,, and i suppose if your judging a lurcher it should be on all round ability,, unless of course it is a purpose bred dog...   you will notice thr

In fairness it must be quite easy to catch ,Never heard anyone go up and come back and say they didnt get big bags,at least bigger than normal.50 is still mighty though no matter how easy. :hmm:

if ya aint been and tried it yourself how can you comment,well done fella's and dogs i say :thumbs:
  • Like 1

:laugh:The truth is Andy,..'it is a young man's game'... :laugh: ...

Exactly Chalkie thats why myself and Tomo are still keen as mustard :icon_redface: ...but you know how it is you have to let the young un's tag along and learn something :whistling: .ATB Andy. :thumbs:

• Like 3

In fairness it must be quite easy to catch ,Never heard anyone go up and come back and say they didnt get big bags,at least bigger than normal.50 is still mighty though no matter how easy. :hmm:

There is easy running in the Dales,as anywhere else,but a lot of the running,especially as you go higher,can test the best of dogs,there,s only one way to find out for yourselves,it takes some dedication to put the time and expense to firstly get the permission and then go back time after time and make use of it,thats what sorts the wheat from the chaff.
  • Like 3

Never knocked the lads or there dogs just keeping it real.

Fair point Weasle..i've only ever caught over a hundred twice in my life and i ain't no spring chicken lol and both times down in the Dales so that does tell some sort of story?...and being honest i'd never even been down there until 3 or 4 years ago and having had superior hounds to what i now own i can only dream of what might of been?...i've had lots of other good scores from different areas but there just wasn't the SAME amount of bunnies to run and therefore obviously the end result is going to be therefore less? I know Markbrick has scored 100+ this season with several of his jukels...are they also easier down in Cornwall then? He and others say not,i can't at this moment comment but to me anyways i say it's a hell of a feat whatever way? I've been hunting long enough to know that even if game is abundant it will not just jump into the bag!!! There is some serious hard graft from canine/s and men to amass results of this ilk? ATB Andy. ;)

Edited by poacherspocket22
  • Like 6

Never knocked the lads or there dogs just keeping it real.

Fair point Weasle..i've only ever caught over a hundred twice in my life and i ain't no spring chicken lol and both times down in the Dales so that does tell some sort of story?...BUT to be honest i'd never even been down there until 3 or 4 years ago and having had superior hounds to what i now own i can only dream of what might of been?...i've had lots of other good scores from different areas but there just wasn't the same amount of bunnies to run and therefore obviously the end result is going to be therefore less? I know Markbrick has scored 100+ this season with several of his jukels...are they also easier down in Cornwall then? He and others say not,i can't at this moment comment but to me anyways i say it's a hell of a feat whatever way? I've been hunting long enough to know that even if game is abundant it will not just jump into the bag!!! There is some serious hard graft from canine/s and men to amass results of this ilk? ATB Andy. ;)

Patently obvious to anyone who actually runs regularly, the dogs don't just go out and catch the rabs, schooling, training, fitness, conditioning, diet, getting the gear in front of the dogs, having the time and determination to do all these and more (for both man and mutt). THEN, you've still got to have the land, conditions and possibly a bit of luck to bag up.

As I said/asked earlier, who else is doing it (MB excepted LOL), I know I'm certainly not as dedicated as these lads, although several on here say they are, where are they? :whistling::bad:

Cheers, D.

• Like 5

had a cracking night last night with poacherspocket, and his sons frankel, and ginnyspinner

frankel had don, and ginnyspiner had the labradoor :whistling: ,,, the plan was to drop frankel and ginny on one farm whilst me and pocherspocket did a difrint one with just my dog venus, and poacher acting as bag man for me ;)

well our night actualy started slow with us struggling to get 10 in the bag,,after this though things started to pick up , and they came in pockets somtimes thik and fast ,, some of this land we were on, we hadent done befor and even though its so late in the season they are stil there in good numbers,

although there was a good wind all night it was bitterly cold, and there a few nights when you see frost and ice that such numbers can be achived.

as usual andy was doing his mooving the goal posts,, :laugh: evry time we got 21 or 31 ect hed say i think we can get another 9,,, and so it continued,,,, after about 5 hours or so we got back to the van with venus, who had 46,,,, of course that wouldnt do,, so after going back to the boys,, we set about catching the remaing 4 ,,,, i actualy ended up catching 7 makling venus's total 53

the boys had 40 between the 2 dogs,,, so of course andy sent the boys out :D to make the 100 up between us,, they ended up making our total 101

all in all a cracking but very tireing night

not to shure wich was the best pic so heres a few

today781.jpg

today777.jpg

today778.jpg

Well done Tomo, Happy New Year to you, and I hope the rest of the season is as good for you.