UP THE DALES ,,, done the ton again

fast dogs if not trained ot enterd [bANNED TEXT] can come a cropper but what about if there out daily or 2 3 times a week hunting were ever ,i prefer speed to durability at times as no speed no cacth but they have got to be durable , if you bred of clever dogs and the pups get the one to one no matter how fast they learn or there not going be there long , you dont need greyhound speed but you need to have pace to pull them of cover the game in hand , saw three qaurter collies catch thirty rabbs just like lite coliies ,but tiol as they got older as there speed was all [bANNED TEXT] in prime but 4 5 well started to tiol , well done lads killing lots of game is great crack but to me end result has always been the main thing seller game dealer etc

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

had a cracking night last night with poacherspocket, and his sons frankel, and ginnyspinner frankel had don, and ginnyspiner had the labradoor ,,, the plan was to drop frankel and ginny on one far

im supriced at the few people that think its easy ,,, let me just add we were at it from 9 pm til around 4 am,, then driving round pic up points, then hanging them on the gate ect,,,, left the land

well you have a point to a certain degree doggy bag,, and i suppose if your judging a lurcher it should be on all round ability,, unless of course it is a purpose bred dog...   you will notice thr

im supriced at the few people that think its easy :blink: ,,, let me just add we were at it from 9 pm til around 4 am,, then driving round pic up points, then hanging them on the gate ect,,,, left the land at 5.30 am,,,,, stoped 3 times on the way home to sleep,, arrived home at 9.30,,,,, its usualy a 2 hour drive.

YEP REALY EASY CATCHING 100 RABBITS WITH A DOGS

• Like 10

How many times have those rabbits been in and out of your freezer Tomo? :tongue2::laugh:

Seriously though, hell of a feat, one that I would find hard to truely comprehend. Well done to all.

Just one question really, how was your bitch at the end of the night? Does she have more in her?

Fantastic haul especially the 54 for your dog Venus. She must of had a few runs to catch that many. Did you feel like she had more to go tomo as poacherspocket said.?

It was 53,,,yes she had planty of misses, so maybee 70 pluss runs,, in both mine and andys mind she could have gone on. the trouble was i couldnt,,, i did contemplate trying for 7 more, but i was drained,, honestly it was a real chore getting back out to hang the bunnys for the pic... its so cold up on that top.

How many times have those rabbits been in and out of your freezer Tomo? :tongue2::laugh:

Seriously though, hell of a feat, one that I would find hard to truely comprehend. Well done to all.

Just one question really, how was your bitch at the end of the night? Does she have more in her?

i never seen her run many rabbits the other night but i seen her get up to 50 and kill a few more and she looked fresh and would have ran more. i think she would get between 60-70 without a problem... she has been running great for weeks n weeks now day and night Edited by frankel

Fantastic haul especially the 54 for your dog Venus. She must of had a few runs to catch that many. Did you feel like she had more to go tomo as poacherspocket said.?

It was 53,,,yes she had planty of misses, so maybee 70 pluss runs,, in both mine and andys mind she could have gone on. the trouble was i couldnt,,, i did contemplate trying for 7 more, but i was drained,, honestly it was a real chore getting back out to hang the bunnys for the pic... its so cold up on that top.

she was running every rabbit though tomo without a break in between.. that takes some doing

im supriced at the few people that think its easy :blink: ,,, let me just add we were at it from 9 pm til around 4 am,, then driving round pic up points, then hanging them on the gate ect,,,, left the land at 5.30 am,,,,, stoped 3 times on the way home to sleep,, arrived home at 9.30,,,,, its usualy a 2 hour drive.

YEP REALY EASY CATCHING 100 RABBITS WITH A DOGS

Anyone who think's it is easy has never done it IMO i know exactly how hard it is walking up and down hill's for hour's on end carrying big bag's full's of bunnies over wall's/fence's and gates...then they is the photo preperation and the gutting of all the bunnie's afterward's...and what folk wont realise the dog's wont catch every single rabbit they run..i have seen dog's run well over 100 bunnies anight and on some occasion's only put 60 of those in the bag at the end of the night..from what i have experienced over the year's i can honestly say it is hard graft on the dog's and owner's alike..

• Like 2

I don't think its easy, i think the hardest part would be for the carrier, up and down them dales carrying them rabbits. They get heavy with a good haul. What carrier you use lads?

i used one called andy :whistling: at one point i had to carry 7 myself :icon_redface: there was no room left on his back.

i use a strong stuff carryer,, and a home made thing with big safety pins on

• Like 1

Tomo couple of questions. who is the poor bloke who guts them and do you have to airlift that many rabbits to the game dealers?????

Dogs that catch and retrieve that many rabbits consistently are few and far between. im not in the numbers game cos im not game enough but i have a lot of respect for you lads who are,

All the best for the new year

You lads are changing the tune now a bit now you are the heros,The point i was making was the rabbits being easier caught by the dog.While all the hero worshippers were admiring all the rabbits on the gate,I took my average dog for a walk around,The boundry fence of a field she missed 2 out of 16,EASY RABBITS.The other side of the feild is a big bank and foll of brambles and no fence the dog managed 2 out of 7 or 8HARD RABBITS.Any way the total for a 2hour walk was 18.Tonight i could walk 3 hours around a golf course and run twice as many rabbits but i wouldnt catch one with that dog.That is why the numbersgame is flawed.So yes your right the hard part is the carrying guttin g and skinning.