UP THE DALES ,,, done the ton again

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

had a cracking night last night with poacherspocket, and his sons frankel, and ginnyspinner frankel had don, and ginnyspiner had the labradoor ,,, the plan was to drop frankel and ginny on one far

im supriced at the few people that think its easy ,,, let me just add we were at it from 9 pm til around 4 am,, then driving round pic up points, then hanging them on the gate ect,,,, left the land

well you have a point to a certain degree doggy bag,, and i suppose if your judging a lurcher it should be on all round ability,, unless of course it is a purpose bred dog...   you will notice thr

Just like to say thanks to Tomo for the invite again,i know he wanted to go the night before but i couldn't make it so we bit the bullet and just went last night...it was BALTIC my in car temp was reading between 1c and -1c but the weather forecast gave a -9c wind chill factor!!! On the tops the ground was frozen,200m further down and it was grand,it was crazy lol. My lad Ginny Spinner took his pup Reggie and both my lads said it ran very well,Don according to the lads never put a foot wrong so we are happy with those two...VENUS well i witnessed her last night bag 53 bunnies and hand on heart i really think she was warming to the task as we called it a night!!!...she ran brilliant and IF we could get amongst some serious numbers of bunnies late October early November next season i think we may see something quite out of the ordinary from both her and our mutt Don..both dogs are not 3 until next year..we'll see? My back is absolutely f****d...my pit pony days are over haha..talk about a hard shift!!! I know we had 3 dogs but imo if we'd just had Venus and Don we would still of done it? BUT the pup had to start learning his trade and if you don't take them they will never learn anything? Thanks for a great nights hunting with some handy curs at work...ATB Andy. :victory:

Edited by poacherspocket22
  • Like 5

Well done them dog's and a bigger well done to the lot of you for your determination.. :victory: ..Tomo you need to be carefull putting them bunnies on the gate like that..you will end up breaking it and getting flung of the farm.. :D

Excellent night once again boys. :notworthy: You must be really lucky to catch that amount with Minshaws :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, apart from Jim, is anybody on this site catching these sort of numbers? I'll bet there are few if any. :hmm:

Cheers, D.

NOW YOU'VE DONE IT DYTKOS,,,,,,,,,YOU'VE GONE AND MENTIONED MINSHAW'S,

WELL IT CANT BE A COINCIDENCE THEY'VE GOT ANOTHER BIG BAG WITH THEM

MINSHAW'S,,,,,,IT CANT BE A FLOOK WELL DONE LADS LET'S SEE IF THEY ALL

GIVE YOU CREDIT,,,,,,,IT WILL UPSET SOME OF THE MINSHAW KNOCKERS,,,

YYYYEEEEEETTTTTTT AGGGGGAIN!!!!!

Wow, that is some haul. I haven't seen anywhere with rabbit numbers like that for years.Even on my sister'sground on Skye the rabbits have just disappeared. We used to see plenty, not that many, but plenty.Now, even up there, there are only handfuls. We don't have any on our farm now - i shot my first rabbit for about 4 years the other day. Quite literally there just aren't any. Good to knnow there are still about here and there,so with any luck our rabbit population will bounce back again.

Hats off to you.

Well done guys & dogs, :thumbs: I'm well impressed with your numbers :yes: hope you don't mind me asking, but how long now will you rest the dogs up? or will you be out and at it again very soon. :thumbs: Keep up the fantastic work guys. :victory:

provided theres no injurys,, mine will be out sunday,,, daywalking the flats,, for a few spins :thumbs:

• Like 1