for the alaunt guys

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jai, these days the 'experts' knock folks pictures and run you down... Most of the threads go to shit??

Go and look through threads from ten years ago and it’s like a different world on here. Folk who actually have done a bunch of hunting, having interesting discussions, and arguments about dogs and hun

I think a lot use to hunt but don't now and come on here for the crack which is what the general section is for. End of the day it's an,internet forum not worth losing sleep over ladies ??

Posted Images

sorry if its already bin mentioned earlier but what were the wolfhounds bred for ??

surely they could take one ?? or are they called wolfhound due to appearence or something else

The breed of wolfhound that existed years ago, and was used for wolves is extinct. It was also used in battle, if I remember rightly. :hmm:

The breed that we see today, is a result of breeders trying to bring the breed back using other breeds that had a lot of wolfhound blood in their breeding.

I believe the main source of blood was from the Deerhound??

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong! :laugh::thumbs:

I dont know if for food or not but they have slaughtered entire packs of bear dogs. Anybody that talks about dogs takin them is smokin the good shit. It takes about a 70 pound dog to take a coyote single handed and most the time two of them, a good coyote anyhow. What would it take two 200 plus pound dogs to take one of these wolves. What dog has the speed, stamina, courage to do such a thing. None! Them wolves would have a dog mortally wounded in seconds and then could just turn on whatever is left and do the same.

how about some dogo's or dogo's x pitt. got a videao off the dogo'sxpitts doing boar's.......put thats big quarry you've got there

was'nt dogo's built for killing and running down puma's? there big chested and powerfull dogs?

Edited by dogbone
I dont know if for food or not but they have slaughtered entire packs of bear dogs. Anybody that talks about dogs takin them is smokin the good shit. It takes about a 70 pound dog to take a coyote single handed and most the time two of them, a good coyote anyhow. What would it take two 200 plus pound dogs to take one of these wolves. What dog has the speed, stamina, courage to do such a thing. None! Them wolves would have a dog mortally wounded in seconds and then could just turn on whatever is left and do the same.

how about some dogo's or dogo's x pitt. got a videao off the dogo'sxpitts doing boar's.......put thats big quarry you've got there

sorry if its already bin mentioned earlier but what were the wolfhounds bred for ??

surely they could take one ?? or are they called wolfhound due to appearence or something else

The breed of wolfhound that existed years ago, and was used for wolves is extinct. It was also used in battle, if I remember rightly. :hmm:

The breed that we see today, is a result of breeders trying to bring the breed back using other breeds that had a lot of wolfhound blood in their breeding.

used in battles, guarding property/livestock and hunting deer/vermin/wolf, some places your read it was extinct others say nearly and outcrosses to great danes etc was needed?

Guest Magwitch
Just havin a bit of fun but here are the wolves that we are discussing about takin with dogs. It aint happening gents.

You need a Beddy whippet for summat like that mate, they have balls of steel....................... :laugh:

used in battles, guarding property/livestock and hunting deer/vermin/wolf, some places your read it was extinct others say nearly and outcrosses to great danes etc was needed?

:yes: I also read that they used Borzoi & mastiff blood, as well as the deerhound & Great Dane. It's a job to know what to believe! :laugh:

Either way, I still think the modern wolfhound is a shadow of the breed of years ago. :yes:

There never really was a wolfhound though that was bred for our bigger wolves. I cant remember what its called but its something like bergman theory or some shit like that. It talks about how the farther north you get, the bigger shit gets. In this part of the world and in russia anyhow. The biggest wolf ever killed was something like 38 inches at the shoulder and 189 pounds and was killed in the Ukraine. Biggest one taken here was in Alaska and it was 175. Alot of the shit that you read about them only being 80 or 90 pounds and the biggest ones around 120 is a bunch of bullshit and our government knows it. They put them here a few years ago and to lessen the shock or at least they think it will lessen the shock, they tell how they aint that big. The original ones in this country were not that big but the ones that got planted here are huge now. They were captured way up north and released here. Nobody has ever hunted this particular wolf really with dogs and it aint gonna happen any time soon unless some crazy half breed I know tries it.

There never really was a wolfhound though that was bred for our bigger wolves. I cant remember what its called but its something like bergman theory or some shit like that. It talks about how the farther north you get, the bigger shit gets. In this part of the world and in russia anyhow. The biggest wolf ever killed was something like 38 inches at the shoulder and 189 pounds and was killed in the Ukraine. Biggest one taken here was in Alaska and it was 175. Alot of the shit that you read about them only being 80 or 90 pounds and the biggest ones around 120 is a bunch of bullshit and our government knows it. They put them here a few years ago and to lessen the shock or at least they think it will lessen the shock, they tell how they aint that big. The original ones in this country were not that big but the ones that got planted here are huge now. They were captured way up north and released here. Nobody has ever hunted this particular wolf really with dogs and it aint gonna happen any time soon unless some crazy half breed I know tries it.

It just goes to show how powerfull them golden eagles are doesnt it? Go on you tube an look at the eagles takin the wolves. . :clapper::o:o

2 0R THREE AMARICAN PITS OR/DOGOS WOULD DO A WOLF IF THEY WERE BACKED IN A CORNER WITH IT NO PROBS

Thats funny cause most of the pits in this country cannot even kill a coyote properly and thats a fact. You can ask those who have tried it. Our stags kill way faster and much more effeciently than the bulldogs do.

taiking about pits whats with all them little fat hippo things ther calling pits over in the states nearly al my serches on pits in america they have came up .taik about destroying a breed :blink:

2 0R THREE AMARICAN PITS OR/DOGOS WOULD DO A WOLF IF THEY WERE BACKED IN A CORNER WITH IT NO PROBS

Thats funny cause most of the pits in this country cannot even kill a coyote properly and thats a fact. You can ask those who have tried it. Our stags kill way faster and much more effeciently than the bulldogs do.

taiking about pits whats with all them little fat hippo things ther calling pits over in the states nearly al my serches on pits in america they have came up .taik about destroying a breed :blink:

You wont see our real bulldogs on the net.

It just goes to show how powerfull them golden eagles are doesnt it? Go on you tube an look at the eagles takin the wolves. . :clapper::o:o

certain i seen somewhere the grip of a golden eagle is twice the pressure of the bite of the pit bull