for the alaunt guys

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jai, these days the 'experts' knock folks pictures and run you down... Most of the threads go to shit??

Go and look through threads from ten years ago and it’s like a different world on here. Folk who actually have done a bunch of hunting, having interesting discussions, and arguments about dogs and hun

I think a lot use to hunt but don't now and come on here for the crack which is what the general section is for. End of the day it's an,internet forum not worth losing sleep over ladies ??

Posted Images

intresting stuff, they shure do look big those boys.

by the way wolves are difrent sizes around the world , the ones in europe are far smaller and genraly quite lean especialy in the warmer climates

I really need to quit arguing with you guys. I have nothing against any breeds of dogs no matter where they come from. I truely believe that I know what it takes to take coyote consistently. I may be wrong but so far nobody else has came up with a better plan. If you guys want though, anybody is welcome to come over here and put there dogs on them. I will set up the time and will put you right on top of them and will let your dogs attempt to do it from start to finish. If they do it, then great. If they fail, I will show you how it should have been done.

I really need to quit arguing with you guys.

Don't worry about it mate, somebody always knows better than you on here, even if they're on about a type of hunting that they've never seen or heard of before! :D

I aint worried but I like coming on here and dont want anybody to be pissed at us fellas across the pond.

Most of the time we're too busy being pissed at each other mate! :yes::laugh::thumbs:

Them wolves were shot I believe.

I do not have wolves near me. It would be very difficult to put a dog on a wolf according to all the coyote hunters up there where they are. They are very secretive and elusive. I dont know much about them really just that they are huge and dangerous.

This is why Tazi and Taigan work wolves different to the way your Stags do Coyotes. It would be suicide for them to go straight in for the throat.

I dont want to be rude but that comment is really ridiculous. I cant believe anybody would type that out. There could be nothing further from the truth. Pinning the throat is about the only way a dog can not get bitten. My stag would pen them 50 pound "wolves" as son as he caught them.

I don't mean to be rude at all either but I find some of your comments at odds with other comments you've made.

You say your Stags could not hunt large wolves as they would killed? They would trying to trying pin a wolf that is too large and powerful?

Tazi and Taigan are to smart to even attempt that therefore can and do sucessfully hunt larger wolves?

I'm well aware that once the wolf is pinned by the throat it can't really harm the dogs but the have to get a hold of it to start with. But with all due respect the Wolves do come a good deal bigger than 50lbs in Central Asia and they have be hunting wolves with these same dogs for thousands of years. The dogs are expected to disable the wolf and stay alive whilst doing so until the hunter arrives.

It's all very well expecting them to throat the wolf as soon as they are caught but would your Stags manage that without considerable risk to themselves when face a larger wolf?

I just looked them up and they say they average between 40 and 55 pounds. Our bigger coyote in the north and into canada weigh the same. The stags up in that country will take these big coyotes and I assure you they pin the head or they dont get fed long.

Edited by Dan Edwards

this stag must be some machine of a dog tell me how your stag manages to get a coyote by the throat without geting bit and without shakeing it becouse surely when the coyote trys to bite the dog he shakes or does he just get bit and you said some grayhounds can do the job aswell come off it if a grayhound can do the job then surely most lurchers of any breed will do the job aswell :thumbs:

this stag must be some machine of a dog tell me how your stag manages to get a coyote by the throat without geting bit and without shakeing it becouse surely when the coyote trys to bite the dog he shakes or does he just get bit and you said some grayhounds can do the job aswell come off it if a grayhound can do the job then surely most lurchers of any breed will do the job aswell :thumbs:

He trips them and when they go to jump again he swings in from the side, throats, and then rolls just like all the other good stags do. Most lurchers couldnt catch them unless they have quite a bit of greyhound in them in my opinion. I dont need to argue with yall, I can show you that my dog will throat them coyotes quickly by himself and not take stick.

He trips them and when they go to jump again he swings in from the side, throats, and then rolls just like all the other good stags do. Most lurchers couldnt catch them unless they have quite a bit of greyhound in them in my opinion. I dont need to argue with yall, I can show you that my dog will throat them coyotes quickly by himself and not take stick.

can you put a couple of pics of your stag up becouse this sounds some dog what weight is your stag