for the alaunt guys

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jai, these days the 'experts' knock folks pictures and run you down... Most of the threads go to shit??

Go and look through threads from ten years ago and it’s like a different world on here. Folk who actually have done a bunch of hunting, having interesting discussions, and arguments about dogs and hun

I think a lot use to hunt but don't now and come on here for the crack which is what the general section is for. End of the day it's an,internet forum not worth losing sleep over ladies ??

Posted Images

i reckon if we had coyotes here in britain, the bullx would be the first tried on them, i think it depends on what you have, you must have tried other breeds befor staghounds surely? its all trial and error, and tried and tested.

Them wolves were shot I believe.

I do not have wolves near me. It would be very difficult to put a dog on a wolf according to all the coyote hunters up there where they are. They are very secretive and elusive. I dont know much about them really just that they are huge and dangerous.

Just havin a bit of fun but here are the wolves that we are discussing about takin with dogs. It aint happening gents.

I find it very strange that people here in the UK , with zero experience of Wolves or Coyotes ,,persist in telling our American friends which type of dog they should be using.If Bullx's were the dog to do the job wouldn't they be using them?After all that is where the APBT comes from .From what I gather from reading these very interesting posts ,the Coyote is a stamina animal and has a turn of foot,I havent seen a lot of bullx's at work.but those I have were hard dogs that lacked a bit of pace,I would doubt they would get on terms with a Coyote,unless the Bull blood was diluted drastically with Grey /Saluki /or similar,in which case the strength and biting power would also be diluted I should think.

As for ANY dog taking on and killing one of the Wolves pictured FORGET IT.

Just havin a bit of fun but here are the wolves that we are discussing about takin with dogs. It aint happening gents.

I find it very strange that people here in the UK , with zero experience of Wolves or Coyotes ,,persist in telling our American friends which type of dog they should be using.If Bullx's were the dog to do the job wouldn't they be using them?After all that is where the APBT comes from .From what I gather from reading these very interesting posts ,the Coyote is a stamina animal and has a turn of foot,I havent seen a lot of bullx's at work.but those I have were hard dogs that lacked a bit of pace,I would doubt they would get on terms with a Coyote,unless the Bull blood was diluted drastically with Grey /Saluki /or similar,in which case the strength and biting power would also be diluted I should think.

As for ANY dog taking on and killing one of the Wolves pictured FORGET IT.

:notworthy:

Totally agree mate. You could have a thread on elephant hunting, someone would pipe up with, 'I'd do it with a Bull x...' :doh::thumbs:

I do not have wolves near me. It would be very difficult to put a dog on a wolf according to all the coyote hunters up there where they are. They are very secretive and elusive. I dont know much about them really just that they are huge and dangerous.

This is why Tazi and Taigan work wolves different to the way your Stags do Coyotes. It would be suicide for them to go straight in for the throat.

now iam not having a go because i know fook all about hunting wolves ....i do know that in the early 1900.s they used to fight domestic dog with wolves with some sucsess......maybe not a 175 lb wolf but with an average wolf .....which most are under 85lb....thick coats for sub zero conditions,......makes eM look VERY BIG...... :D

just been reading about them a few facts ......it gives there average weights and the biggest recorded one caught,,,,,the averrage 85 lbs..........when a wolfs wet it looks half the size.......looks can be very deceving.... ;)

Gray Wolf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

trust me them wolves over here can get over 150 pounds, the scale does not decieve

This is why Tazi and Taigan work wolves different to the way your Stags do Coyotes. It would be suicide for them to go straight in for the throat.

I dont want to be rude but that comment is really ridiculous. I cant believe anybody would type that out. There could be nothing further from the truth. Pinning the throat is about the only way a dog can not get bitten. My stag would pen them 50 pound "wolves" as son as he caught them.

I dont want to be rude but that comment is really ridiculous. I cant believe anybody would type that out. There could be nothing further from the truth. Pinning the throat is about the only way a dog can not get bitten. My stag would pen them 50 pound "wolves" as son as he caught them.

:clapper::clapper:

They wolves are impressive animals