cattle dog and kelpie x ?

Hiya new to the forum, hope you don't mind,

Heres a Kelpiexwhippetxgreyhound i owned quite a few years ago,

img001.jpg

img005.jpg

She had the best feet and stamina out of all my lurchers put together

Smart looking animal :good: I have considered putting my first cross dog over a whippet greyhound bitch and keeping a dog pup from this mating for the future but not to sure if that's the way forward for me yet and also I would have to find a whippet greyhound bitch of course lol.........I take it that's a bitch in the picture ? what sort of size was she?

Thanks

Mike

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers mate shes 2nd generation cattle dog greyhound. Atb Adam 

Posted Images

img001.jpg

img005.jpg

Smart looking animal :good: I have considered putting my first cross dog over a whippet greyhound bitch and keeping a dog pup from this mating for the future but not to sure if that's the way forward for me yet and also I would have to find a whippet greyhound bitch of course lol.........I take it that's a bitch in the picture ? what sort of size was she?

Thanks

Mike

tis a cracking looking animal your right there mike :thumbs: i am biased though as i like the 3/4 especialy with a dash of whippet in there :yes: personly mike if that beauty looking brindle you have makes the grade , thats what you should put of a whipp/grey in 4-5 years. ile book one now :clapper:

img001.jpg

img005.jpg

Thanks

Mike

She was 23", some of the litter went 21"

Guest busterdog
The bitch that was used in producing my pup was from "show" stock as it were but she was used as she had showed a few good traits out in the field,she was a good guard whilst she was at mine and my pup is showing the same triat.I'm happy for her to be on guard and it does seem to come natural to her,the acd is a dog full of beans and does dedicate a good bit of it's life on keeping you safe and happy.
Edited by busterdog
Guest busterdog
Can't get picture up sorry!!

One last tryDSC00499-1.jpg

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper: Theres hope for me yet, this is my pup off fireman,terrible picture i no but i can now take a better one and get it on :icon_redface:

Edited by busterdog

Heard today about a six hundred page book (actually a compilation of three books) called "The complete book of great working dog stories." It's 100% kelpies and heelers. I think I might treat myself to a late 40th birthday present. ;)

Well done young Jake,them squirrels can bite as well so he done well to live hand retrieve it back to you mate.Not many 6 month old pups will put up with a squirrel hanging off their chops and not bottle it,wait till he does it with a charlie lol.Well pleased he's coming on for you,he's changed his colour a bit getting a bit darker but i like it and he looks well(in fact we all still miss him down here),his sister caught her first rabbit as well this last week so all pups doing well and they should be straight on it all this next coming season.

Took a few updated pics of my pup today she's a bugger to try and get a good pic of always on the move :no: anyway here she is

12months058.jpg

12months067.jpg

12months0841.jpg

The big fella however is one big poser :D

12months023-1.jpg

Mike

Edited by MIKE

Two stunning looking animals there Mike :yes:

I will get my Mrs. to put some upto date pic's up of my Pup off Fireman ( I cant,thick as Sh*t with computers :doh: )

He is starting to turn a nice Chesnut/Red Colour now and stands around the 22" mark, hopefully level out around the 24"-25" Mark.

Nice pic's of the dog's Mike :thumbs:

I know that the young bitch is maybe not done growing yet, and I know that your two dog's are bred the opposite way (Grey dog & Grey bitch) do you think that the way that they have come it make's that much difference :doh: ? ?

Not going by your dog's ...... But I would still prefer to use the Greyhound as the Dam

Nice pic's of the dog's Mike :thumbs:

I know that the young bitch is maybe not done growing yet, and I know that your two dog's are bred the opposite way (Grey dog & Grey bitch) do you think that the way that they have come it make's that much difference :doh: ? ?

Not going by your dog's ...... But I would still prefer to use the Greyhound as the Dam

No I don't think it's made a lot of difference but the litter I bred does seem to be slightly smaller, my bitch being 23" and a dog from the litter that I have seen is around the 25" mark where cody's litter were a bit bigger. I will have to see if there are any other differences as she gets older but to date they are identical even down to reactions to different things :icon_eek: wierd but good lol .

All the best

Mike

Mike, could that be down to the size of the two kelpies used as I know there's a lot of disparity? My pup, nearly 22 months old now, is a fraction over 17" at the shoulder but I've heard of and seen a few which are around the 24" mark.

Also, have you heard that there's a group of farmers in North Wales trying to promote the use of kelpies?