• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Other than going out for a meal or private function,Ive not been out and had a drink on a weekend or a friday in a pub for over 20 yrs...can honestly say Ive never missed it.... especially as every cn

Got to agree, I don't go in town much anymore, but enjoy a pint in our old local haunts, get to see lads you haven't seen in a while and catch up, we host up here alot now so tend to habe my good mate

Whispering in your ear what he wants to do to you? Where were you drinking? The blue oyster?

Posted Images

2 hours ago, greg64 said:

typical uk pup lol  

I’ve never seen that video before, we’ve all been in boozers like that but what done it for me was the dwarf with the mullet hilarious where did he come from 😂😂

• Haha 2
50 minutes ago, WILF said:

Filmed entirely on location in Tilbury ! Lol 

Yep. If you step outside there's three horses tethered to a lamp post next to a six inch square of turf....

Yokel 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, keepdiggin said:

U f****n love that video send it pals every so often on WhatsApp 

apparently, the blonde at the start is a bloke as well 

On 24/04/2024 at 16:02, WILF said:

That’s just your east London prejudice talking ! Lol 

Fights and pubs go together like fish and chips, tanked up lads picking silly scraps that in reality they only want to half get into is a national pastime and I personally f***ing loathe all that caper.

I just don’t want to be around these people, both my Brothers had pubs in South London for years but they were no different from pubs in Essex, East London, Central London, Dundee……city and town pubs are completely different to the quiet little country pub run by the retired cozzer.

Theres a reason grown blokes are in a shabby boozer in a shabby part of town getting tanked on a weekday, it’s because they are c**ts mate….worlds full of them. 

Nope dont buy it mate ive always liked a pub atmosphere its what English people traditionally do....are some of them shitholes yes of course they are but i cant think of a more natural setting within a city than a good community pub gathering.

Regards prejudice if you want to call it that ok but its simply what ive observed over my lifetime....ive heard Millwall lads openly admit it,even take pride in it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, downsouth said:

Same as mate.If it's got f**k all to do with me or mine I keep my nose firmly out of it.Why go jumping in the middle of something that's got nothing to do with you and risk getting sliced up or something nasty squirted in your face.Especially in London where it seems to be the norm to walk about with something I your pocket

Not being arsey mate but im sure i remember you mentioning you're a single dad to a daughter.......you could of stood and watched a young girl getting hurt and sat on your hands ? what if it wasnt a pub what if it was on the street....still " keep my nose out of it " ?....you seem an alright chap to me so im going to say i dont believe you 😉

On 25/04/2024 at 09:16, tatsblisters said:

Reminds me of when some mates came up from London one you know well mate who i have mentioned before and a couple of his brother's and we went to have a drink in a pub in Mexborough to see some other dog lads one called Barney who had a few bulldogs and the local hard man and a few of his mates came up to one of us at the bar and started being a clever feker within a short time the place looked like an heard of elephant's had gone through the gaff with a few of the local idiots wishing they had been more respectful lol. I heard a wile after from a local to the area that these clowns had heard that dog fighters were up from London and fought they would try it on with them.lol

Just to be clear mate the chap you're on about much as i respected and admired him as a dog man we was never friends,ours was a very simple relationship....but yes,he wasnt the type to back away from trouble to be fair.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Nope dont buy it mate ive always liked a pub atmosphere its what English people traditionally do....are some of them shitholes yes of course they are but i cant think of a more natural setting within a city than a good community pub gathering.

Regards prejudice if you want to call it that ok but its simply what ive observed over my lifetime....ive heard Millwall lads openly admit it,even take pride in it.

People are getting into scraps everywhere mate, you know that yourself.

When I was a kid and still lived in London you’d get into scraps with other kids from other schools and other areas on the top of a double decker bus……in those areas trouble is only ever 50yd in front of you on any given day of the week, bloody hell, I don’t need to tell you that. 

I have not frequented boozers since I was 24 but even then your community pub was dying out, from what I seen of it people were in there for one reason and one reason only, to get tanked and forget the pressure of life, add 6 pints of Stella and then you really see life’s frustrations surface at the drop of a hat.

From your city wide boy to the Wetherspoons tramps, they are in there because they need it…..they ain’t out for a nice pint of ale, basket of scampi and a chinwag with similarly affable folk, they are there to get a bit pissed. 

Just my impression of things of course.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, greg64 said:

apparently, the blonde at the start is a bloke as well 

Really? I was just about to say she was a bit of alright and would probably do anything for a bottle of wkd 🤣

• Haha 2
32 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Really? I was just about to say she was a bit of alright and would probably do anything for a bottle of wkd 🤣

Never ever go to Thailand dido.

• Haha 7
2 hours ago, WILF said:

People are getting into scraps everywhere mate, you know that yourself.

When I was a kid and still lived in London you’d get into scraps with other kids from other schools and other areas on the top of a double decker bus……in those areas trouble is only ever 50yd in front of you on any given day of the week, bloody hell, I don’t need to tell you that. 

I have not frequented boozers since I was 24 but even then your community pub was dying out, from what I seen of it people were in there for one reason and one reason only, to get tanked and forget the pressure of life, add 6 pints of Stella and then you really see life’s frustrations surface at the drop of a hat.

From your city wide boy to the Wetherspoons tramps, they are in there because they need it…..they ain’t out for a nice pint of ale, basket of scampi and a chinwag with similarly affable folk, they are there to get a bit pissed. 

Just my impression of things of course.

Its only that i was on our way back to the Rotherhithe Tunnel from that London march thing that we even stopped there i wouldnt normally go to boozers off the plot like that as im a bit more selective these days i dont like going where i know nobody but i do think beyond your Wetherspoon type dives pubs have tidied themselves up a bit in recent years and still a lot of tradition to be had....i mean you still dont see many ethnics slipping out for a quick pint do you.

Yes your always going to get bits of trouble where groups of fellas gather but after all said and done we all choose our own company.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, greg64 said:

typical uk pup lol  

Im told its in Yorks, Doncaster from memory. Daytime drinking! (PIP central?). Could be any provincial town though. I probably saw similar scenes as a youth in the pub I first wet my whistle at around 15, The Royal Standard in Hayes Town, mid 80s, some great folk & plenty of crazies! 

Im not a boozer & like DC, settled down which im sure saved me a lot of bother, as previous I was a magnet for it😇, pub was on the way home after work or for family dinners etc. But I do miss an english pub, the old ones & of course the estate ones with the obligatory flat roof with alsatian on top.

Halycon days dear reader...

Edited by Waz
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

The last place I lived was out in the sticks on the shores of lough Neagh, lovely little community with plenty of hunting, fishing and shooting folks, the centre of that community like a lot of rural places was the pub, from a Monday to a Thursday if you dropped in for a beer you could here a pin drop, every man just in for a pint and a yarn but come the weekend it turned into the Titty Twister from Dusk till Dawn, seen more dust ups in that little pub than I'd ever witnessed before. But one thing I never saw was a female get a finger laid on them, it's just a line nobody crossed and rightly so. 

• Like 2