GBP to Turkish Lira

21 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Why mate? What was wrong with kos?

Think it was down to the hotel tbh even though it was outside Kos and on the beach and supposedly 5 star though it was that big their was no atmosphere. Went to Kos itself a few times and around the harbour were trips to Turkey go from found it a bit manic and crowded for my liking tbh.

• Like 1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s never worth it mate lol  

I don't think it is mate, but no harm in asking ..I've been in the building game most of my life, "can you lose the VAT" is a normal request, whether you do or not is up to you ...I wouldn't as I'm la

My ole fella took me out to his wine shed lol one day about 10 years ago and pointed up to the eves and said put your hand up there son and you'll feel a package, there's a few quid in there if you ev

Posted Images

Holiday resorts are the same the World over,....

You tend to get what they think you want.

I always head for the mountains and hang out with the locals,...but, its not really much fun for a family of lively young' un's,.. I do understand that....😏 I live 5 minutes from a sandy beach, so that holds no attraction for me..

If I am going to spent time and vonga on a trip abroad I want it to be different,...really different....😉

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Yh they will but it shouldn't be expected by people mate 

Sometimes the VAT can be the difference between getting and loosing jobs in the building trade.Most asked question when pricing smaller jobs for joe public."Can you loose the VAT for pound notes?"

• Like 4
54 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

Holiday resorts are the same the World over,....

You tend to get what they think you want.

I always head for the mountains and hang out with the locals,...but, its not really much fun for a family of lively young' un's,.. I do understand that....😏 I live 5 minutes from a sandy beach, so that holds no attraction for me..

If I am going to spent time and vonga on a trip abroad I want it to be different,...really different....😉

File0087.jpg

I always like to f**k off into the sticks myself and have a wander,meet the locals,I enjoy a run early morning ,back to hotel before everyone's got up for breakfast 👍DSC_0074.JPG.d80daf4e1b1225cade184fe185704e94.JPGDSC_0082.JPG.3383a78a23343c67e8aa3b3c23d661ac.JPGDSC_0088.JPG.0150ee6b0ada32d9deaefd9279c03816.JPGDSC_0057.JPG.309f1a4fd94092ffb3f1ce256b71b3c2.JPG

• Like 3
On 05/04/2024 at 16:27, dogmandont said:

Labranda blue bay resort is all I know mate, started off just me the wife and kids and it's turned into 16 of us so should be a good little get together. 

Just looked it up its up in the north near Rhodes Town,one of the only bits of the island i dont know that much about....sure you'll have a nice time anyway :thumbs:

• Like 1

Do they still charge to get into Turkey can remember you used to have a £10 note to get in then last time I went sure it was £20 can remember them not accepting a £20 note off a couple for both of them years ago and them walkin down like asking people if they could change it god knows what they'd of done if didn't manage it surely they'd of had to accept the £20 note

Got to see a mate in a place called Mardin in turkey next week,flying to Istanbul on Saturday and going overland,haven’t been for years,the exchange rate is 40 to the pound at the minute,I will see if there’s a black market rate that’s better when I am there.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, mackem said:

Got to see a mate in a place called Mardin in turkey next week,flying to Istanbul on Saturday and going overland,haven’t been for years,the exchange rate is 40 to the pound at the minute,I will see if there’s a black market rate that’s better when I am there.

Most places are offering around 35 over here at the moment 

6 minutes ago, downsouth said:

I will find out the exact Turkish rate at the weekend mate,hard currency,Turks love the £,I shall report back.

22 hours ago, downsouth said:

Just changed up £50 emergency money,getting picked up at the airport but just wanted to have a couple of lira in my pocket just in case 36/1 my mate said I will get 39 or 40 over there.

508B866E-7303-4F68-823E-D1B4DA05565A.jpeg

We fly out Monday although its all inclusive i am taking £100 English notes and the wife £200 in case we see something or tips 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Don’t spend that all at once, mate ! 
Cheers.

I went to the BDC with Scottish,they wouldn’t touch it,refused to exchange,luckily I had just over £50 real cash,lesson learnt.

85F6C5A5-CE9D-4A07-AB8D-A2DB1D52A548.jpeg

43 minutes ago, mackem said:

I went to the BDC with Scottish,they wouldn’t touch it,refused to exchange,luckily I had just over £50 real cash,lesson learnt.

85F6C5A5-CE9D-4A07-AB8D-A2DB1D52A548.jpeg

I’m old enough to remember when the pubs and shops charged us one shilling in the pound to accept Scottish notes, and the club in the local village still has a sign today “ No Scottish £20 notes accepted “ ! 
Cheers.

• Sad 1