GBP to Turkish Lira

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

One yr in bodrum market,my mrs offered £5 sterling for a Barcelona football kit for my lad...she said its a snide...all its worth is £5😆

She was ushered out the shop pronto🤣

Infairness everytime ive been,we booked a boat trip that takes you to that big market..you tell them no,and they leave you alone...even taken faulty clothing back the next yr...and they have replaced it👍

I dont mind the Turkish tbh...they go out of their way to look after the kids,foods decent and always plenty to do there 👍

Yeah i dont mind the Turks they're normally up for a giggle ive had some good laughs at that market i remember a few years back me and the mrs went with my pal and his wife they was all doing a deal for something or other while i was looking on another stall.....whatever the price was i forget say 50 euros the Turk had said to my mate " ok 50 Euro's and i kiss the lady "......im a horrible looking c**t at the best of times and my mate pointed towards me and said " theres her husband you better ask him ".....the Turk says " ok 40 Euros " :laugh:.....its a shithole all around that market but its just a good lighthearted fun place to visit.....good family orientated people for the most part as well.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Haha 1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s never worth it mate lol  

I don't think it is mate, but no harm in asking ..I've been in the building game most of my life, "can you lose the VAT" is a normal request, whether you do or not is up to you ...I wouldn't as I'm la

My ole fella took me out to his wine shed lol one day about 10 years ago and pointed up to the eves and said put your hand up there son and you'll feel a package, there's a few quid in there if you ev

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Any you lads been to Rhodes? 

Going for a week in June and looking forward to it but I've never been to Greece or any of the islands. 

Yeah i love it been all over the island must have been to Pefkos at least 7 or 8 times over the years ive actually got a couple of quid in a little restaurant there.....wherebouts you going mate ?

36 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Yeah i love it been all over the island must have been to Pefkos at least 7 or 8 times over the years ive actually got a couple of quid in a little restaurant there.....wherebouts you going mate ?

Labranda blue bay resort is all I know mate, started off just me the wife and kids and it's turned into 16 of us so should be a good little get together. 

Edited by dogmandont
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

Any you lads been to Rhodes? 

Going for a week in June and looking forward to it but I've never been to Greece or any of the islands. 

Never been Rhodes mate but my old man has a place in Crete, little village called Elounda.. I love it there, chilled, good food, nice to mooch about, people are dead friendly.. been to Zante and Corfu in the past as well...like the Greek islands, reckon you'll love it mate...get away from the touristy areas if you can, we know a lot of locals now and it's better food/craic in the little local bars etc...have a good one

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 04/04/2024 at 11:26, smithie said:

If you get Turkey teeth and they go wrong the NHS won't fix it. Your told to go back to where your teeth were done..

Thankyou poirot

• Haha 1

Got a 9 person tent and all the gear here and loved to get away and take the dogs but the wife says shes too old for camping now lol .

I knew a retired farmer bought a old Volkswagen camper van and just used to disappear at eighty, when his kids put him in a home they had to take his motorised wheel chair off him he kept going out LOL 

On 04/04/2024 at 11:26, smithie said:

If you get Turkey teeth and they go wrong the NHS won't fix it. Your told to go back to where your teeth were done..

Tbh youd probably be better off going back over there.I know a few people now that have been out there for dental treatment to sort out shit work that theyve had done here over the years.NHS and private

21 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

Give me the Greek islands over Turkey any day 

I thought the same when I was younger,but went the one time and changed my mind,only place id ever go back to in Greece is Santorini island,that was a nice place compared to main land and kos etc👍

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

I thought the same when I was younger,but went the one time and changed my mind,only place id ever go back to in Greece is Santorini island,that was a nice place compared to main land and kos etc👍

Just never fancied Turkey never been so probably unfair but of me to say. I’ve been to Santorini myself it was very nice.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Just use your debit card

I never use my debit card abroad credit card only and then clear it as soon as I get back.At least if I get scammed it aint my money.

13 minutes ago, downsouth said:

I never use my debit card abroad credit card only and then clear it as soon as I get back.At least if I get scammed it aint my money.

Either way; why exchange it to cash when you can just use a card?