GBP to Turkish Lira

Been looking at whos giving the best exchange rate atm as Im going out there for the first time next month.Internet reckons youre best off just changing up enough over here to get by when you arrive and then changing up smaller ammounts once youre out there as youll get a better rate out there.Anyone been out there and know if thats true as I wouldnt want to get out there and end up stuck getting a shittier rate than Id have got just changing a load up before I go.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s never worth it mate lol  

I don't think it is mate, but no harm in asking ..I've been in the building game most of my life, "can you lose the VAT" is a normal request, whether you do or not is up to you ...I wouldn't as I'm la

My ole fella took me out to his wine shed lol one day about 10 years ago and pointed up to the eves and said put your hand up there son and you'll feel a package, there's a few quid in there if you ev

Posted Images

you will get a better rate in turkey,,as you will in most countries  . just dont exchange in hotels as they will charge more ,as do airports  change in the high streets  

• Like 2

Defo get changed out there we just looked at few exchange places over there most were  roughly the same but found 1 that was better than rest and just changed few 100 a time tend to do that where ever go always get better rate in other countries than you do here 

2 hours ago, downsouth said:

Been looking at whos giving the best exchange rate atm as Im going out there for the first time next month.Internet reckons youre best off just changing up enough over here to get by when you arrive and then changing up smaller ammounts once youre out there as youll get a better rate out there.Anyone been out there and know if thats true as I wouldnt want to get out there and end up stuck getting a shittier rate than Id have got just changing a load up before I go.

• Haha 5
35 minutes ago, Greyman said:

If you get Turkey teeth and they go wrong the NHS won't fix it. Your told to go back to where your teeth were done..

• Like 1
4 hours ago, downsouth said:

another one funding them love them that much he wants to spend his holidays praying 5 times a day lol 

I’ve never been to a country where I couldn’t get local currency from an ATM and the rates were always comparable to any other means of exchange.

A couple of tips, if bartering in Turkey, never pay more than half what they first ask .

If you are going to use your card a lot, let your bank know which country you will be in so they don’t put a lock on it for “unusual transactions”.

Cheers.

18 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I’ve never been to a country where I couldn’t get local currency from an ATM and the rates were always comparable to any other means of exchange.

A couple of tips, if bartering in Turkey, never pay more than half what they first ask .

If you are going to use your card a lot, let your bank know which country you will be in so they don’t put a lock on it for “unusual transactions”.

Cheers.

only been to turkey on a day trip from kos 

wouldn’t mind seeing some salukis run there have some nice types from bits i’ve seen 

Just change up enough to get you off and running once you're there for the first day then change the bulk of your money up once there mate you'll get a better rate....never change it all up this side.

Whereabouts you going anyway ?....i get over to Istanbul a few times a year but some nice beaches down in the south Olu Deniz and suchlike.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mC HULL said:

only been to turkey on a day trip from kos 

wouldn’t mind seeing some salukis run there have some nice types from bits i’ve seen 

Not Bodrum market ? :laugh:

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Just change up enough to get you off and running once you're there for the first day then change the bulk of your money up once there mate you'll get a better rate....never change it all up this side.

Whereabouts you going anyway ?....i get over to Istanbul a few times a year but some nice beaches down in the south Olu Deniz and suchlike.

Town called Sarigerme.Apparently its only a small town but has everything you need.Restaurants,Bars,shops,Beach and you can walk from one end to the other in 10mins so no need for cabs.Tbh Ive never fancied Turkey but some friends of my bird have had to pull out of a holiday they had booked so they let us nick it cheap,Thanks for the heads up.I had read that was the case with exchanging dough but didnt wanna get out there with a load of stirling in my bin and then get stuffed with a shit rate off some greasy turkish c**t

7 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Town called Sarigerme.Apparently its only a small town but has everything you need.Restaurants,Bars,shops,Beach and you can walk from one end to the other in 10mins so no need for cabs.Tbh Ive never fancied Turkey but some friends of my bird have had to pull out of a holiday they had booked so they let us nick it cheap,Thanks for the heads up.I had read that was the case with exchanging dough but didnt wanna get out there with a load of stirling in my bin and then get stuffed with a shit rate off some greasy turkish c**t

Not heard of that so just looked it up looks nice enough and being early in the season waiters/locals will be all enthusiastic and wont be sick and tired of English people yet :laugh:

Yeah dont change up too much more than your likely to spend of course or you'll lose out exchanging it back....happy hols and all that.

• Like 1