Xc90 v discovery which one is better for reliability?

9 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

The old 3.1 Isuzu troopers are great motors, old now though and juicy but really reliable, safe, ole buses

Safe 🤔 an old boss of mine rolled one forwards (like a stoppy on a bike gone wrong) though I think the combination of speed , hitting the brakes so hard and the sheep in the road plus alcohol all might of played a part 😂😂

My bad that was a nissan patrol swb

• Haha 2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ive had a 2003 Rav4 D4D for a 6 yrs,its just done 160,000 miles, been everywhere in it,in all conditions and it aint missed a beat,parts are pennies and everywhere...parked it up for 3 yrs,didnt move.

The old 3.1 Isuzu troopers are great motors, old now though and juicy but really reliable, safe, ole buses

Sounds just like a landrover, every MOT time is like sitting in the police station waiting on the charge sheet being read out ffs,

Posted Images

3 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Few lads I've hunted with used xtrails for dog buses with very little issues. 

They ain’t lazy either. Comfy to drive 6 speed box and cruise control I love them. Apart from my last chucking the top end out the side the engine🤣

• Like 1

Know what. I have the Honda CRV 2 litre and it is a lovely thing.  Comfy, all the extras, quick if you want it to be and my dog loves it. Wifey bought me a boot liner which, with the boot cage, keeps everything nice and tidy. Also it pulls a trailer with ease and is good on fuel. When you first buy one there is an option of 4 wheel drive, which, I found out , had been taken out on my car. Jok.

5 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

I got a xtrail hardly spend a penny on it between mot’s had odd big mot bill but for a 18 year old car that’s expected. Carry multiple terriers lurchers and hounds along with tools in the back no bother 😅

I've had a 56 plate xtrail for about 5 years now . It's done almost 173,000 , and still drives well.  I keep thinking that it has to give up soon , but it just keeps on going.

In all honesty , it's probably the best all rounder that I've ever owned.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, king said:

I read this a while back..very impressive..

Screenshot_20240401_214904_Chrome.jpg.af7414a3e306de90d10a7e2d1fe9ef8c.jpg

I read that at while back , I feel like the odds are against me surviving the journey, just waiting to be that first fatality....

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, king said:

I read this a while back..very impressive..

Screenshot_20240401_214904_Chrome.jpg.af7414a3e306de90d10a7e2d1fe9ef8c.jpg

Aye, cause the cunting things are always in the garage ! Lol 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Qbgrey said:

They are probably the safest car cause they never leave the mechanics ramp

to be fair, volvo has always been a good car safety wise, years ago i had a v40 and it was a good car at the time, nothing special but really reliable and built well....i ran it for 2-3 years with no problems then sold it for pretty much what i payed for it....cars theses days seem like a waste of money, all computers an sensors and you can't work on a lot of them yourself....even to change a bloody head light bulb....  

I’ve had the old Isuzu Bighorn..really a Trooper 3.1 T/D Auto that I imported in from Japan in 2007 with just under 30K miles.

It was totally reliable until the dreaded ulez came in.

Had to sell and got a Landcruiser invicible T/D and have had no issues whatsoever..pulls like a train.

Edited by maxtich
  • Like 2
17 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

I got a xtrail hardly spend a penny on it between mot’s had odd big mot bill but for a 18 year old car that’s expected. Carry multiple terriers lurchers and hounds along with tools in the back no bother 😅

Had two now I find them really good. I put some town and country style boots on (they do buzz a bit)does me ferreting, fishing and out with the metal detector. 2.2 diesel goes well. Old 56 plate but if something happened I would get another straight away.

Cheers Arry

On 01/04/2024 at 06:16, FLATTOP said:

I’ve got one of the newer Landcruisers Lc5 owned it for five years almost 100% reliable I had a suspension sensor go which for an 18 year old car was reasonably good going, other than that never lets me down and goes any where.

my dad's 1994 landcruisers 4.2td vx is still going strong today, he's had it from new and it's only got 140,000 miles on it, these engines can reach 500,000 miles before they need looking at, these  older models was the best ones, it's 30 years old and not showing many signs of getting old, he sprays old engine oil/diesel under it every year which keeps it clean, these toyotas are used a lot by the Arabs in the deserts and by the Australians in the outbacks for the simple reason that these vehicles were so reliable and one of the best motors ever made.... 

• Like 6
22 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

My old man won’t have any other motor . As in he’s never ever had any other type of car for decades 

• Like 2