Petrified tree stump,

47 minutes ago, Greyman said:

There is a few large bends on the river Severn near me with steep sandstone sides and most tides you can go down at low water and get up to a bucket full of devils toenails and amanitas, will be taking the grandkids down there soon when the weather breaks I,ll stick some pics up 

Find loads when we fish dunraven beach by ogmore by sea too👍

• Like 2

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best just to be happy in your own choice of god mate,  I don’t need to explain or justify anything  I,m a very simple son of the soil type and to me Mother Nature is all around me I can see her, smell

I found this Amber in a big chunk of coal , it has a few bugs in it and if you squint you can see Jesus's face ...mad 

The most logical and convincing argument I have ever heard about there being something “more” (I won’t give it the label God because peoples opinions are too entrenched in religion) is the argument of

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, Greyman said:

In laymen’s terms it’s not to complex unless you try to make it so, every year thousands of tons of vegetable matter falls to the floor and is turned to mud by worms, anything that dies during that year also goes onto the mud and depending on many factors,ie oxygen,moisture, acidity, alkalinity etc depends on how it decomposes or in some cases is preserved, over many more thousands of years that will end up a long way down, no magic beings or conspiracy’s just plain and simple Mother Nature recycling everything and the earths crust getting deeper each year as a consequence 

868FDC90-E52B-45A2-9676-B9F137EAB930.jpeg

Can you show us any of these layers forming greyman in real time without adding assumptions?

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

In laymen’s terms it’s not to complex unless you try to make it so, every year thousands of tons of vegetable matter falls to the floor and is turned to mud by worms, anything that dies during that year also goes onto the mud and depending on many factors,ie oxygen,moisture, acidity, alkalinity etc depends on how it decomposes or in some cases is preserved, over many more thousands of years that will end up a long way down, no magic beings or conspiracy’s just plain and simple Mother Nature recycling everything and the earths crust getting deeper each year as a consequence 

868FDC90-E52B-45A2-9676-B9F137EAB930.jpeg

How would you explain the poly strata trees,top of it in one layer an the bottom in a different layer,obviously these layers or coloums arent millions of years old?

Edited by Francie,
13 minutes ago, Francie, said:

Can you show us any of these layers forming greyman in real time without adding assumptions?

Best just to be happy in your own choice of god mate,  I don’t need to explain or justify anything  I,m a very simple son of the soil type and to me Mother Nature is all around me I can see her, smell her and feel her effects and see how we are displeasing her and when we have pissed her off enough she will send us a real pandemic or other huge natural disaster to knock us back to the beginning and just as it says in your book the meek will once again inherit the earth, it’s just the merry go round of life mate but if there is money involved it’s generally a con, and Mother Nature does not walk past shaking a collection box after every dawn chorus so I will stick with her cheers 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Best just to be happy in your own choice of god mate,  I don’t need to explain or justify anything  I,m a very simple son of the soil type and to me Mother Nature is all around me I can see her, smell her and feel her effects and see how we are displeasing her and when we have pissed her off enough she will send us a real pandemic or other huge natural disaster to knock us back to the beginning and just as it says in your book the meek will once again inherit the earth, it’s just the merry go round of life mate but if there is money involved it’s generally a con, and Mother Nature does not walk past shaking a collection box after every dawn chorus so I will stick with her cheers 

Haha grey I'm not interested in a debate about God,I never mentioned it at all mate,but while you've mentioned it believing in God has nothing to do with money,that is organised religion,anyway back to the SCIENCE lol 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, WILF said:

Everywhere you look, intelligent design so complicated and wonderful but so common that we don’t give it a second glance ?……..I just find it hard to buy the “it’s a total accident” theory.

I can buy biological evolution up to a point. It’s easy to see how a species would evolve to become bigger, faster, stronger, have longer horns or tusks etc. all through natural selection.

I can’t believe that that same process, even given hundreds of millions of years, results in some of the clever mimicry and camouflage we see in nature. An orchid doesn’t just evolve through random mutations to wind up looking like a bee.., or a stick insect like a dead leaf, or a caterpillar like a snake or a butterfly like an owl.., but these things all exist. It has to have been something conscious.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Remember working in the tail gate down the pit and some muck falling Away to expose a fossilised tree trunk. It stopped the job for an hour so lad's on the district could come and look at it before it got broken up and put on the panzer chain. First thing I thought when I saw it was this would have been a living tree when dinosaurs ruled the world we also found a few small pieces of rock with small fossilised leafs that looked like they come off a small fern plant . Looking back now I wish I had put a few I found in my snap tin and brought them home. 

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Remember working in the tail gate down the pit and some muck falling Away to expose a fossilised tree trunk. It stopped the job for an hour so lad's on the district could come and look at it before it got broken up and put on the panzer chain. First thing I thought when I saw it was this would have been a living tree when dinosaurs ruled the world we also found a few small pieces of rock with small fossilised leafs that looked like they come off a small fern plant . Looking back now I wish I had put a few I found in my snap tin and brought them home. 

I  fetched a few home for the kids to take to school back in the day

• Like 1

Reading this thread makes me smile. Just a short way out, on the beach at Mablethorpe are the remains of an ancient forest. Goodness knows how old. Jok.

• Like 2
On 28/03/2024 at 12:09, Bakerboy said:

Mostly plants mate, bark fern ect

Did you only find them on certain seams mate. We had the swallow wood and haigmoor seams and development on the parkgate seams and if my memory serves me right it was on the swallowood we found these fossils.

On 28/03/2024 at 13:36, kanny said:

I found this Amber in a big chunk of coal , it has a few bugs in it and if you squint you can see Jesus's face ...mad 

DSC_0336_zpsfbxta1v3.jpg

Jesus Christ

Superstar

Came down to earth on a Yamaha 

Pulled a skid 

Killed a kid 

Knocked his balls off a dustbin lid

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2