Petrified tree stump,

3 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Lads Ive been 1000s of feet underground miles from the shaft where no human has ever stepped foot before, mining/tunneling in what they call virgin ground and found fossils, now can someone explain to me how they got there if not by how its been explained, Im not an atheist but Im not going to believe that the Eath is a few thousand years old and everything that goes against the bible is fake or man put it there

Fossils are made by minerals in the correct conditions invading the cells of an organism very rapidly, so for animals to be invaded rapidly they have to be buried quickly by a catastrophy normally a flood or landslide as the oxygen needed for decay isnt there nor is predation on a carcass, so by global floods etc the layers anr layed down in the right conditions very fast indeed

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best just to be happy in your own choice of god mate,  I don’t need to explain or justify anything  I,m a very simple son of the soil type and to me Mother Nature is all around me I can see her, smell

I found this Amber in a big chunk of coal , it has a few bugs in it and if you squint you can see Jesus's face ...mad 

The most logical and convincing argument I have ever heard about there being something “more” (I won’t give it the label God because peoples opinions are too entrenched in religion) is the argument of

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Lads Ive been 1000s of feet underground miles from the shaft where no human has ever stepped foot before, mining/tunneling in what they call virgin ground and found fossils, now can someone explain to me how they got there if not by how its been explained, Im not an atheist but Im not going to believe that the Eath is a few thousand years old and everything that goes against the bible is fake or man put it there

In laymen’s terms it’s not to complex unless you try to make it so, every year thousands of tons of vegetable matter falls to the floor and is turned to mud by worms, anything that dies during that year also goes onto the mud and depending on many factors,ie oxygen,moisture, acidity, alkalinity etc depends on how it decomposes or in some cases is preserved, over many more thousands of years that will end up a long way down, no magic beings or conspiracy’s just plain and simple Mother Nature recycling everything and the earths crust getting deeper each year as a consequence 

868FDC90-E52B-45A2-9676-B9F137EAB930.jpeg

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Used to find fossils all the time underground mate

What type were they plants trees etc

11 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Now soil build up I understand, and I even have some understanding of the processes that create soil and as far as I know, would it be fair to assume you are mining in millions of years of soil build up or am I way off the mark mate ?

Anyway, soil build up isn’t the clever bit, the clever bit is all the micro organisms and micro processes that create soil…..again, scientists couldn’t do it but we are told it’s all just a happy accident ?

Im not trying to say “there!….there’s God!” but it does make a person think surely ? 
Anyway, I think “God” is a package that humans can understand and if it’s small enough to understand then it’s small enough to argue about…..I don’t know what you call it but my belief is that we are talking about something way bigger, f****d if I know what it is.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, king said:

What type were they plants trees etc

There is a few large bends on the river Severn near me with steep sandstone sides and most tides you can go down at low water and get up to a bucket full of devils toenails and amanitas, will be taking the grandkids down there soon when the weather breaks I,ll stick some pics up 

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, Francie, said:

Because its bollocks king,if you really want to fry your brain,look up the petrified trees upside going through the "layers" of  supposed "mjllions" of year old rock.

Half the tree is in one layer an the other in a different layer an they fell us these layers took millions of years to build up,complete waffle lol

Surely the rock wasn't formed in a few years though mate..where did the rock come from to begin with..and is coal just compressed peat..and if so how is there 1000ft of rock ontop of that peat..

1 minute ago, Bakerboy said:

Mostly plants mate, bark fern ect

It baffles the mind how a thin piece of plant matter like a fern can turn into rock mate..sure to feck it would just rot away..

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

Now soil build up I understand, and I even have some understanding of the processes that create soil and as far as I know, would it be fair to assume you are mining in millions of years of soil build up or am I way off the mark mate ?

Anyway, soil build up isn’t the clever bit, the clever bit is all the micro organisms and micro processes that create soil…..again, scientists couldn’t do it but we are told it’s all just a happy accident ?

Im not trying to say “there!….there’s God!” but it does make a person think surely ? 
Anyway, I think “God” is a package that humans can understand and if it’s small enough to understand then it’s small enough to argue about…..I don’t know what you call it but my belief is that we are talking about something way bigger, f****d if I know what it is.

Mother Nature mate, she is everything everywhere nothing more than that, god and religion were created to keep people towing the line through fear, which has been replaced by politicians now, but if you accept Mother Nature as an entity everything will fall into place

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, king said:

Surely the rock wasn't formed in a few years though mate..where did the rock come from to begin with..and is coal just compressed peat..and if so how is there 1000ft of rock ontop of that peat..

greg64s link explains it all mate have a read of it

• Like 1
Just now, king said:

sure to feck it would just rot away..

Most of it did mate the vegetation would have been 100s of feet thick all compressed down into a few feet of a coal seam obviously for some reason very little bits became fossilised

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, king said:

Well just add heat and pressure, look at clay it gets shaped as wed mud and baked in a furnace at a certain temp and comes out dry as stone, hard as stone and shatters when you drop it, but yet when you add water to it it doesnt change back to wet mud  as its changed the chemical composition by the heat added

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Greyman said:

In laymen’s terms it’s not to complex unless you try to make it so, every year thousands of tons of vegetable matter falls to the floor and is turned to mud by worms, anything that dies during that year also goes onto the mud and depending on many factors,ie oxygen,moisture, acidity, alkalinity etc depends on how it decomposes or in some cases is preserved, over many more thousands of years that will end up a long way down, no magic beings or conspiracy’s just plain and simple Mother Nature recycling everything and the earths crust getting deeper each year as a consequence 

868FDC90-E52B-45A2-9676-B9F137EAB930.jpeg

I understand all that mate, I just dont understand why some people dont and think its yet another fckn conspiracy 😁

Edited by Bakerboy
  • Haha 1
Just now, Greyman said:

Mother Nature mate, she is everything everywhere nothing more than that, god and religion were created to keep people towing the line through fear, which has been replaced by politicians now, but if you accept Mother Nature as an entity everything will fall into place

My point is, I’m no arguing for or against the existence of God.

And again, Mother Nature is something we can grasp…..my point is, just think about nature for a second, the actual mechanics of all its billion things and processes…..so complicated and yet perfectly suited….hard to accept it’s just an accident in my mind. 

How does an accident get from tadpole to frog ? Or Caterpillar to Butterfly ?

How does it get from some creatures gestate for 30 days and other creatures body’s can detect when to start gestating and delay that process for as long as it wants until exactly the right time…like alpacas ?

How does nature create machines so perfect they can mend themselves ?

The brilliance and complexity of it all is mind blowing, I just don’t buy the “yeah, all an accident mate” at all. 

• Like 5