100% coal tar creosote,

3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I love the smell of the stuff.....same as Poxon,we used to mix it with used engine oil for everything timber down the allotments.... shit lasts for time,modern tanalised timber is shite in comparison 👍

Got a few mates who work on the telegraph poles,and they can still get it😉👍

Just ordered a 25l drum online mate.as I said that ronseal is shit stuff..so proper creosote the fence is having..

• Like 2

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just bought 25 litres of that stinky creosote, thought id be clever and filled up a weed killer pump spray , it was going on  my fence  rapid until a powerful cross wind flew threw, fuk me I looked

I love the smell of the stuff.....same as Poxon,we used to mix it with used engine oil for everything timber down the allotments.... shit lasts for time,modern tanalised timber is shite in comparison

Made a start on the back fence. The smell of nostalgia 😂 

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, king said:

The reason I'm thinking of using it as it will penetrate the wood and preserve it for a long time..the useless stuff I've been using is ronseal and its water based.

You can litterly jet wash it off the fence and its back to bare wood.. so maybe creosote is the answer and put up with the smell mate..

You can still get proper creosote,  and it's fantastic stuff, but you do need to be very careful with it.

You can buy a product called creocote.  It looks and smells like real creosote,  but it doesn't have the nasty chemicals in it , and doesn't really preserve wood.

One or two of the other wood treatments are OK ish , but not much is as good as creosote. 

My Mrs workshop is painted with ronseal shades .  It's a sort of plastic coating,  that lasts about five years or so, and looks much more attractive than creosote. 

1 minute ago, king said:

Just ordered a 25l drum online mate.as I said that ronseal is shit stuff..so proper creosote the fence is having..

Ronseal is only good for interior wood mate...never rated anything they do for outside...soon as it rains,its washed off on the grass🙈🤣👍

I love the smell of it. I use wrights coal tar soap too.

I've creosoted stuff in the garden and the biggest problem is the kids getting it on them off the fence and gate.

I just bought 25 litres of that stinky creosote, thought id be clever and filled up a weed killer pump spray , it was going on  my fence  rapid until a powerful cross wind flew threw, fuk me I looked like james brown 

• Haha 10
2 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

I just bought 25 litres of that stinky creosote, thought id be clever and filled up a weed killer pump spray , it was going on  my fence  rapid until a powerful cross wind flew threw, fuk me I looked like james brown 

Always put it on with an old sweeping brush...keeps it away from your clothes etc😁

52 minutes ago, mel b said:

You can still get proper creosote,  and it's fantastic stuff, but you do need to be very careful with it.

You can buy a product called creocote.  It looks and smells like real creosote,  but it doesn't have the nasty chemicals in it , and doesn't really preserve wood.

One or two of the other wood treatments are OK ish , but not much is as good as creosote. 

My Mrs workshop is painted with ronseal shades .  It's a sort of plastic coating,  that lasts about five years or so, and looks much more attractive than creosote. 

I seen that creocote for sale mate..the ronseal fence paint I've used in the past dark oak etc..its like watered down hot chocolate..the shades is more of a proper paint.

1 hour ago, king said:

Did you have to prove any professional use?

40 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Always put it on with an old sweeping brush...keeps it away from your clothes etc😁

I put so much on it was dripping off for days, no weeds going grow under that fence

• Like 1

back in the 60's....alot of local lads had luchers and grey hounds and whippets...and were always out running stuff down for the pot....they used to make a salve to ward against mites and skin problems and the lads used to make a salve up using lanolin and creasote and other stuff ..to use on their hounds

• Like 2
2 hours ago, poxon said:

My misses dad used to mix used engine oil and creosote he made a fence out of old pallets at the back of there garden the bloody thing stood nearly 40 years till my mother inlaw decided it was time to get some fence contractors in to put a modern fence up.he was pissed when he realised he couldn’t get proper creosote no more he said this fence will be rotted out within 5-7years he recons the modern stuff shit 

You can still get the real thing , they just don’t sell it to the general public . I’ve just done an engine oil/creosote mix on this pallet wood chicken run , hopefully lasts a good few years but 40 years is some going  . 

IMG_1952.jpeg

• Like 5
49 minutes ago, king said:

I seen that creocote for sale mate..the ronseal fence paint I've used in the past dark oak etc..its like watered down hot chocolate..the shades is more of a proper paint.

Most fence paints are rubbish , they're just for decoration, but I was quite impressed with the ronseal shades stuff . Once it's dry , you can't repaint it for years , because it's some kind of plastic product , and nothing will stick to it .  Water just runs off it like a freshly waxed car.  It wouldn't be any use for posts etc that go underground though.

• Like 1