Good luck to you sir, life is too short to work til you drop, no point being the richest man in the graveyard 

I’m in my mid 40’s now and would happily retire now, keep running my shoot and potter around for a bit of pocket money, my missus earns enough to easily support us both, but my happiness is no concern of hers ( lol ) 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would be working till I drop but have decided to knock it all on the head and start enjoying myself, going to get my motor home this winter and spend a few months travelling round England un

What’s money mate ?  You have the respect and love of your child , who will grow up with a father who has sacrificed everything for them .    fair play to you DS , proper man 

“Defined by my work”….that’s a brilliant and very overlooked observation there mate. I didn’t realise how much a part of my personality my way of earning a living was…….I feel like almost a compl

Posted Images

Good luck Paul mate,get it done and enjoy it👌

Ive had enough myself tbh....lifes not all about working...by the end of this yr we will be morgage free and a nice nest egg in the bank....been thinking about setting something up for myself to get my kids involved and set them up.... Mrs sent me this ,few miles from us..her words was 'get a machine,and dig a fishing lake'🙏IMG-20240314-WA0002.jpg.722c2693413eb640992b8106733640e8.jpg

• Like 11
16 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Good luck Paul mate,get it done and enjoy it👌

Ive had enough myself tbh....lifes not all about working...by the end of this yr we will be morgage free and a nice nest egg in the bank....been thinking about setting something up for myself to get my kids involved and set them up.... Mrs sent me this ,few miles from us..her words was 'get a machine,and dig a fishing lake'🙏IMG-20240314-WA0002.jpg.722c2693413eb640992b8106733640e8.jpg

Always been my dream and dont want to piss on your dreams mate but you would probably need at least double the cost of the land and even then the authorities would do everything they can to put obstacles in your way. Better off finding a pond/lake already dug, keep a eye out for Farmers looking to sale off existing ones on their land anything established and already run as a business goes for a premium. 

That land must also be near Cefn Mably lakes did a weekend in one of their lodges a few months back cracking place fished from a lodge with hot tub 👍      

• Like 1

Congratulations mate hard work being a spread I’ve more or less hung my trowel up now our company is the process of beinging bought out so hopefully get paid off and retire myself 

• Like 6

I retired 20 years ago, aged 51.

I think the secret to retirement is to keep busy with something you enjoy.

Ive got the dogs, two allotments with hens, ducks, quail and a few game fowl, I like to grow veggies, it’s almost a full time job, but I enjoy it.

I just thought one day “ kids are gone, house is paid for, bit money in the bank, keep my travel benefits with the airline, why work until I’m too old to enjoy my retirement ?”

I wanted to retire at 50, but was asked to stay on for a year, which in retrospect was a good thing, it gave me time to be sure I was doing the right thing.

Enjoy your retirement, mate !

Cheers.

• Like 5
46 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

A set of work shy SOB's on here! I look forward to working until my mid 90's, we have an ageing population, why not contribute for the good of the nation?

Fckin hell greb you mad c**t 🤣

• Haha 7
1 hour ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Always been my dream and dont want to piss on your dreams mate but you would probably need at least double the cost of the land and even then the authorities would do everything they can to put obstacles in your way. Better off finding a pond/lake already dug, keep a eye out for Farmers looking to sale off existing ones on their land anything established and already run as a business goes for a premium. 

That land must also be near Cefn Mably lakes did a weekend in one of their lodges a few months back cracking place fished from a lodge with hot tub 👍      

I wont be jumping into anything without having a good look about first mate...the fencing alone around something like that would be 30/50 k probably more because its next to my local river...that has otters😉👍

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Fair play Gman 👍

I,m back up in Cumbria I think this autumn for another tv show, nothing finalised as yet but if it happens we will get to have a pint this time mate, 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I wont be jumping into anything without having a good look about first mate...the fencing alone around something like that would be 30/50 k probably more because its next to my local river...that has otters😉👍

I may even get to catch that wye barbel as well mate 

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Hes selling that land😉 tbh hes a right f***ing knobhead...used to lamp f**k out of it as kids,my mates family owned next door to him growing up... he wouldn't sell it to me mate😁... mention building a pond and the cnut would have a meltdown 🤣🤣🤣👍

3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I,m back up in Cumbria I think this autumn for another tv show, nothing finalised as yet but if it happens we will get to have a pint this time mate, 

Definitely 👍

2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I may even get to catch the t why barbel as well mate 

Get over when the season starts next...and we make a dent in them,your always welcome Paul mate...see if we can get old Walt to make an appearance 😁 he been threatening for long time😁👍

• Like 1