Beddy grey

Looking for a beddy greyhound pup if anyone is breeding soon. Got myself one last year but she sadly got hit with a car at Christmas there at 6 month old. Gutted

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was an injured fox which was shot, but still managed to cover a fair distance.. tracked and found by these 2 so it could be dispatched. 

Bred some good old Beddie Lurchers back in the day🙏  

Like a beddy cross but a first cross don't think I would have one beddy whippet greyhound be my choice 

Posted Images

On 04/02/2024 at 13:07, obi2 said:

Seen them but After a wee bitch bud. Got a neutered male in the house just now 

There,s a small bitch on FB only about 8 MTH,S old she will only be about 19 In when fully grown.Bespoke Bedlington Terrier,s bred them great worker,s he breed,s .

7 hours ago, hounddog3 said:

There,s a small bitch on FB only about 8 MTH,S old she will only be about 19 In when fully grown.Bespoke Bedlington Terrier,s bred them great worker,s he breed,s .

surely it must be a beddyx whippet if its only going to make 19i inches, all the first x beddy greyhounds ive seen and owned were that the bitches usual levelled out at about 22inches, and the dogs about 24inches,ideal lamping ,ferreting and day time dogs.i would have another  no problem, but dont think  decent working bedlington blood is out there these days,naqmes like rillington,eakring, and cutchcommon,all but distant memorys.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, grompz said:

surely it must be a beddyx whippet if its only going to make 19i inches, all the first x beddy greyhounds ive seen and owned were that the bitches usual levelled out at about 22inches, and the dogs about 24inches,ideal lamping ,ferreting and day time dogs.i would have another  no problem, but dont think  decent working bedlington blood is out there these days,naqmes like rillington,eakring, and cutchcommon,all but distant memorys.

All the best one's i have seen have have been dogs and i think that was down to the extra size over bitches . Some local lads in the 80s had gooduns bred by a chap out Emley moor way.

1 hour ago, grompz said:

Mates got first cross bitch beddy grey 18tts

4 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

All the best one's i have seen have have been dogs and i think that was down to the extra size over bitches . Some local lads in the 80s had gooduns bred by a chap out Emley moor way.

used to be a lad called dave emerson think he was from bradford way tats, always had an ad for years in the ed/rd mag. you mightremember him or seen some of his stuff running,heard lots of good reports on them , but never oned or seen one run, he was a pig farmer if memory serves me right.

On 06/02/2024 at 08:22, grompz said:

No it,s a bedlington Coursing Hound but its threw to the small Bedlington side .But he said its full of fire make a great ferreting bitch.

I think if beddy is in the mix there is always the chance of the odd small one cropping up. I remember years ago my old mate from London putting his 26tts first x saluki greyhound to a first cross beddy greyhound that a lad in Leicestershire had that was a well known dog by all accounts that was 23tts and I am led to believe one of the bitch pup's only made 21tts a bit too small for an out and out hare dog. 

• Like 3
On 08/02/2024 at 06:40, tatsblisters said:

I think if beddy is in the mix there is always the chance of the odd small one cropping up. I remember years ago my old mate from London putting his 26tts first x saluki greyhound to a first cross beddy greyhound that a lad in Leicestershire had that was a well known dog by all accounts that was 23tts and I am led to believe one of the bitch pup's only made 21tts a bit too small for an out and out hare dog. 

Bed they’re handy dogs. I’d love that cross. 

• Like 1