Additives an preservatives

Wtf is going on with all they above,plus e numbers etc

Was in the butchers yesterday an most of the grub in trays has about forty additives,preservatives e numbers,modified etc i called the butcher an he said it all comes like that we just pack it,its only the cuts like steak or shin thats free from it all.

All these extras are wrecking our bodies its crazy,trying to feed our children decent grub without all the broc is becoming very hard.

What do yous feed your children or yourselves as sides way meat?

Spuds,sprayed to the gills,so i get baby potatoes,are they any better?

• Like 2

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it would be impossible to eat anything these days that hasn’t got preservatives or additives in it. I like to eat wild game, but who knows if the crops or grass they have eaten hasn’t bee

I buy most of my meat from a Butchers that sources his meat from different farms ie like the pigs that run free in a wood in a village not far from me. He makes his own sausages cuts his own bacon and

I started keto carnivore last  end July....last year...dropped 2 stone by Christmas....and it was easy... Thing to do is ...when you get hungry...just eat some meat and fat....cheese takes the ed

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Francie, said:

Was in the butchers yesterday an most of the grub in trays has about forty additives,preservatives e numbers,modified etc i called the butcher an he said it all comes like that we just pack it,its only the cuts like steak or shin thats free from it all.

All these extras are wrecking our bodies its crazy,trying to feed our children decent grub without all the broc is becoming very hard.

I think it would be impossible to eat anything these days that hasn’t got preservatives or additives in it.

I like to eat wild game, but who knows if the crops or grass they have eaten hasn’t been treated ?

I feed my poultry with wheat straight from the farm, but I’m sure the fields will have been treated with chemicals. The birds drink rain water collected in butts, not tap water, but who knows how pure rain water is ?

I use my own compost on my vegetables, made from chicken, horse and cow manure, but what have the cows been fed on ?

I just try to eat healthy and not worry too much. Seems to work for me !

Cheers.

• Like 11

I buy most of my meat from a Butchers that sources his meat from different farms ie like the pigs that run free in a wood in a village not far from me. He makes his own sausages cuts his own bacon and knows where his chickens and meat comes from.

I grow a lot of my own veg and I know exactly what goes in the garden. 

Best way if you are worried as to what's on your food is buy Organic.

Cheers Arry

• Like 9

Said it before you grow a spud and compare the taste to shop bought one. They are miles apart and it makes you wonder how they get them to be so tasteless. That applies to every thing from meat to veg 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

ive digested all sorts sin 1944, im still standing just about, ive just put away a home made curry i made yesterday, i left it to fester overnight, ive just shifted the lot, good lord above, my eyes are watering, my nose is running, im of fire im sure im about to combust

• Haha 2

There's a lot of scaremongering spread by influencers all over the web. An example headline;

"The Government is letting us get Cancer!"

All because some cereals like Frosties and other foods contain a preservative BHT, a compound that is deemed to be possibly carcinogenic. The studies that suggested this were on mice, not humans, and to receive the equivalent dosage given to the mice a human would have to consume around 3,500 boxes of Frosties per day.

The dosage makes the poison not the compound, influencers throwing long named compounds around doesn't make them an expert, again, just scaremongering. 

Just eat sensibly and try to not overindulge on anything.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, paddyluke said:

gamekeepers give their pheasants a number of drugs and grouse have medicated grit etc and then they are consumed by the unknowing🤫

I would think it would be long out of there system by the time they are eaten. Think there's a difference between medication of young birds or worm treatments and concerns about additives. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I would think it would be long out of there system by the time they are eaten. Think there's a difference between medication of young birds or worm treatments and concerns about additives. 

the rule aren't always followed

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Francie, said:

Many years ago my wife researched all that because of a medical condition, it’s a proper rabbit hole mate.

The long and short is, you can’t avoid it so you may as well not worry.

Your body is absolutely riddled with chemicals that shouldn’t be there from household cleaning products to the food you eat to the water you drink.

If you wash your hair, you are contaminating your body

Use shower gel or deodorant, same

Wash your hands, same

Drink a glass of tap water, it’s just bleach and fluoride 

Cook in a non stick pan or eat something cooked in non stick, same

Get your clothes washed at a dry cleaners, same

Wash your own clothes, same 

It just can’t be avoided….at all ! 

• Like 7
47 minutes ago, WILF said:

Many years ago my wife researched all that because of a medical condition, it’s a proper rabbit hole mate.

The long and short is, you can’t avoid it so you may as well not worry.

Your body is absolutely riddled with chemicals that shouldn’t be there from household cleaning products to the food you eat to the water you drink.

If you wash your hair, you are contaminating your body

Use shower gel or deodorant, same

Wash your hands, same

Drink a glass of tap water, it’s just bleach and fluoride 

Cook in a non stick pan or eat something cooked in non stick, same

Get your clothes washed at a dry cleaners, same

Wash your own clothes, same 

It just can’t be avoided….at all ! 

I rarely wash 👍

• Haha 2

Im trying to limit the intake of such compounds but by f**k theres 40 ingredients in sausages from the butchers lol

I know it cant be avoided all together but some are just shocking,especially the e numbers.

Im getting my raw milk from an organic farm plus spring water from the same farm which is tested every week.

Tap water is f***ing bouncing with allsorts,my tap ppm is between 80 an 120 thats pretty low but doesnt take into account pesticides,dicease,just nasty compounds,i also use fluroide free toothpaste.

There is a correlation between chemicals in the water an food an sickness,theres so much dicease an sickness these days an alot dying slow painful deaths.

I hope i can aquire this bit of land i was on about an id be following the organic farm methods were i get some stuff.

• Like 3

An interesting thing I found out about Bread well at least I found it interesting. I was asked to do some rabbit clearing at Dartington for a guy that has a Bakery (The Almond Thief Bakery)as he wanted to grow old fashion grains. Well we done the job and after got talking about the old fashion grain idea. He explained that grain since the 1950/60's has changed too a high breed with much more grain on the head. 

He asked if we would like a loaf of his bread white or brown, white please we both said. He gave my mate and me a loaf of bread each and to be fair was sour dough bread and was real nice. He asked me do you suffer from reflux? I do I answered. He said its white bread and the new grains, his reckoning is the grain has evolved faster than our body's and that why he uses old grains.

Well I thought it was cheese that was giving me reflux so I sort of poo pooed it at the time. Well Wifey at the time loved full multi grain bread and me a white farmhouse both uncut. After having a few man check ups things I was  so told I should change my diet which it tried to do I started eating wifey's multi grain loaf. The reflux went over night and has not come back. The loaf is just Morrisons uncut multi grain from the fresh bakery.

On the subject of water I use one of those jug filters you can taste the difference in just a cup of tea.

Cheers Arry

• Like 5