Additives an preservatives

4 minutes ago, Corkhill said:

That's just not true, the studies don't show any of that. Again, you've probably been watching too many carnivore diet influencers. The studies are out there for everyone to read buddy.

Which bits not true

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it would be impossible to eat anything these days that hasn’t got preservatives or additives in it. I like to eat wild game, but who knows if the crops or grass they have eaten hasn’t bee

I buy most of my meat from a Butchers that sources his meat from different farms ie like the pigs that run free in a wood in a village not far from me. He makes his own sausages cuts his own bacon and

I started keto carnivore last  end July....last year...dropped 2 stone by Christmas....and it was easy... Thing to do is ...when you get hungry...just eat some meat and fat....cheese takes the ed

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Which bits not true

Basically all of what you have put. 

The randomised control trials don't say that at all, anecdotal evidence doesn't really wash.

Now that's not to say people are all lying, but, they more than likely got their "results" because they were on a calorie deficit and not because the were on a fad diet.

6 hours ago, TOMO said:

I wouldn't believe any of that harry...

Going back to what I said on the other thread the other week....us humans evolved as hyper carnivores....where 70% or more of our calorie intake came from animals...carbohydrates intake was very low ...

It's carbs ...sugar and seed oils that cause most of our health issues...

Go on any carnivore youtube channel and read the comments...the amount of stuff it has cured ...reversed or helped is staggering ...but no docs just want to throw drugs at you....

High blood pressure...type two diabetes...heart disease...acid reflux...all sorts of gut issues like ibs...skin conditions like exma....and the other one I can't spell begins with a P.....

Even bigger things there are reports of cancer patients doing very well ....and kids with autism...

As much as I like my fruit vege...we wernt ment to eat it...show me a wild brocoli....it doesn't exist....show me a wild Brussel it don't exist....every single banana grown for consumption is a clone...

I bet even the humble apple us humans didn't eat ....because until we played around with them they were just crab apple 

I know what you're saying Tomo and its a rabbit hole if you're on one side or another. You can find wild cabbage on the beaches and cliffs down this way. All broccoli, Sprouts etc are bred off these wild cabbages. Same as all breeds of Beef and Sheep and other meat animals were bread off Aurochs and other ancient breeds.

BACKYARDLARDER.CO.UK

Wild cabbage (Brassica oleracea) is a biennial or perennial plant that grows around the coasts of western and southern Europe. It forms a loose head of large...

Hunter gatherers would not just eaten meat alone but fish, nut, berries, fungi, assorts of greens. In fact it's my belief that they ate a lot more fish and shell fish from the fore shore. In the winter months up until the new year the streams on the high moors would have been full of Salmon easy picking for stone man.

So I personally don't believe the meat only thing.

Every body to their own and moderation and a mixed diet personally for me.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Arry said:

I know what you're saying Tomo and its a rabbit hole if you're on one side or another. You can find wild cabbage on the beaches and cliffs down this way. All broccoli, Sprouts etc are bead off these wild cabbages. Same as all breads of Beef and Sheep and other meat animals were bread off Aurochs and other ancient breads.

BACKYARDLARDER.CO.UK

Wild cabbage (Brassica oleracea) is a biennial or perennial plant that grows around the coasts of western and southern Europe. It forms a loose head of large...

Hunter gatherers would not just eaten meat alone but fish, nut, berries, fungi, assorts of greens. In fact it's my belief that they ate a lot more fish and shell fish from the for shore. In the winter months up until the new year the steams on the high moors would have been full of Salmon easy picking for storage man.

Cheers Arry

When I say meat ...I should say animal...obviously including fish shellfish birds eggs in season....

2 hours ago, Arry said:

I know what you're saying Tomo and its a rabbit hole if you're on one side or another. You can find wild cabbage on the beaches and cliffs down this way. All broccoli, Sprouts etc are bead off these wild cabbages. Same as all breads of Beef and Sheep and other meat animals were bread off Aurochs and other ancient breads.

BACKYARDLARDER.CO.UK

Hunter gatherers would not just eaten meat alone but fish, nut, berries, fungi, assorts of greens. In fact it's my belief that they ate a lot more fish and shell fish from the for shore. In the winter months up until the new year the steams on the high moors would have been full of Salmon easy picking for storage man.

Cheers Arry

I think that's bang on mate, a balanced diet with meat, fish, veg, fruit, nuts etc included... we are and always have been oppourtunists imo, there's no way all we ate was meat. Supermarkets have changed everything though, the days of eating produce in season are long gone, I know my diet isn't as good as it should be, a busy life is sometimes detrimental to that... we don't eat frozen food or very much processed though, 90% home cooked and just sensible, I'm not regimented enough to follow any sort of diet, fair play to those who can

• Like 2

Not saying all we ate was meat...of course some berries nuts in season...

But all the archeology shows we were hyper carnivores...again getting 70% or more from animal protein and fat...

Stone age man didn't grow anything and most of the plants growing would not have been eaten there's not enough energy In them...

The term hunter gather gives it away guys

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Not saying all we ate was meat...of course some berries nuts in season...

But all the archeology shows we were hyper carnivores...again getting 70% or more from animal protein and fat...

Stone age man didn't grow anything and most of the plants growing would not have been eaten there's not enough energy In them...

The term hunter gather gives it away guys

There's tribes living in the world untouched by modern science who eat a variety of foods, medicines from plants, trees etc... you go along most foreshore's and there are loads of edible vegetables, plants.. forage in woodlands and again there are wild root vegetables, fungi etc... 

I just don't buy a vegetable/fruit free diet is a healthy option we have farmed for thousands of years vegetables and animals..its only the last 50 years or so we have worked out how to process shit into food and add enough preservatives to make it last months...that's not natural! 

• Like 2

Only farmed 10 thousand years...Been on this planet over a million...

I was the same...thinking a diet with no fruit or vege can be healthy...but there are people out there that are doing just that...

I know you say there are many plants and sea weeds we may well have eaten....but they would not have been the bulk of our calories ...there not nutrient dense 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Corkhill said:

That's just not true, the studies don't show any of that. Again, you've probably been watching too many carnivore diet influencers. The studies are out there for everyone to read buddy.

Id say it is true theres plenty of people who have solved gut issues an other problems due to carnivore only,joe rogan j peterson his daughter plus many more mate

Folks plants are full of fibre,we cannot digest fibre/cellelouse that well its a proven fact,so its far harder for our digestive system to get the nutrients from plants because there wrapped in fibre,as tomo says meat fish was the bulk of there diet because the body can digest it an take out the nutrients vital for brains an body.

Just look at 99% of vegans an tell me that plants are better than animal products,no way there half dying an need supplements to survive,there bags of bones.

Plants are nutritious for animals because they can digest them,simple really

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Francie, said:

Id say it is true theres plenty of people who have solved gut issues an other problems due to carnivore only,joe rogan j peterson his daughter plus many more mate

Again, anecdotal evidence doesn't prove anything mate.

1 minute ago, Corkhill said:

Again, anecdotal evidence doesn't prove anything mate.

Well it does for the individual mate.

Ok so are you telling me seed oils an plants are more nutritious than animal based?

Have you seen the state of vegans an vegatarians lol

I dont trust these studies you talk about either way,they are paid for an want the right results,its happened many a time in the past.

Have you seen the american food pyramid were these class best foods at top an so on,they have highly processed breakfast cereals at the top an meat an eggs well down,its a complete farce by the fda

11 minutes ago, Corkhill said:

Like I said mate, if you refuse to believe the studies that are out there for anyone to read I don't know what else to say. Anecdotal evidence brings too much confirmation bias.

Im not refusing i just dont trust who pays for these studies,put a few up an il have a look meanwhile GLUTAMINE

berg says the most antiinflamatory food is beef,youd probably call him a quack haha

• Haha 1