Additives an preservatives

7 hours ago, leegreen said:

Added sugar in things like bread, wtf. 

My misses has a new gripe and its palm oil. Its in loads of things, cheap ingredient that is fecking up ecology in parts of the world 

Rotten stuff that processed seed oil lee,90% of them seed oils like sunflower canola all dirt an in most foods,clog your arteries because the body cant break it down,but saturated fat gets the rap

• Like 2

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it would be impossible to eat anything these days that hasn’t got preservatives or additives in it. I like to eat wild game, but who knows if the crops or grass they have eaten hasn’t bee

I buy most of my meat from a Butchers that sources his meat from different farms ie like the pigs that run free in a wood in a village not far from me. He makes his own sausages cuts his own bacon and

I started keto carnivore last  end July....last year...dropped 2 stone by Christmas....and it was easy... Thing to do is ...when you get hungry...just eat some meat and fat....cheese takes the ed

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Francie, said:

Rotten stuff that processed seed oil lee,90% of them seed oils like sunflower canola all dirt an in most foods,clog your arteries because the body cant break it down,but saturated fat gets the rap

Not true fella, saturated fat ain't healthy.

4 minutes ago, Arry said:

An interesting thing I found out about Bread well at least I found it interesting. I was asked to do some rabbit clearing at Dartington for a guy that has a Bakery (The Almond Thief Bakery)as he wanted to grow old fashion grains. Well we done the job and after got talking about the old fashion grain idea. He explained that grain since the 1950/60's has changed too a high breed with much more grain on the head. 

He asked if we would like a loaf of his bread white or brown, white please we both said. He gave my mate and me a loaf of bread each and to be fair was sour dough bread and was real nice. He asked me do you suffer from reflux? I do I answered. He said its white bread and the new grains, his reckoning is the grain has evolved faster than our body's and that why he uses old grains.

Well I thought it was cheese that was giving me reflux so I sort of poo pooed it at the time. Well Wifey at the time loved full multi grain bread and me a white farmhouse both uncut. After having a few man check ups things I was  so told I should change my diet which it tried to do I started eating wifey's multi grain loaf. The reflux went over night and has not come back. The loaf is just Morrisons uncut multi grain from the fresh bakery.

On the subject of water I use one of those jug filters you can taste the difference in just a cup of tea.

Cheers Arry

Which jug filter do you use arry?

Funnily enough arry i got sick after christmas,which i rarely get anyway felt burning in chest an upset stomach,turns out heartburn an indigestion,reflux,which i never experienced in my life,was that bad my heart was pumping like fook thought i was taking a heart attack,got checked my heart was fine,doc prescribed amaprozole or something to lessen the acid.

Then tells me they want to test for h pylori ffs bad infection in gut which inflames the gut causing the symptoms i had plus can lead to stomach cancer,the treatment is 4 harsh antibiotics which are not guarnteed to work.

Im not taking the stomach tabs an my symptoms have gone away just about,no pain or nought.im a sucker for white bap an muffins with bacon etc lol time to cut it out.

2 minutes ago, Corkhill said:

Not true fella, saturated fat ain't healthy.

Says who corky?

That myth has been well debunked mate,same crowd says beef bad,eggs bad here eat this highly processed garbadge from the factory lol 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Francie, said:

Bit off the mark there France. Canola oil is Rape seed oil. But most rape seed oil is GMO so thats up to the people to judge for them selfs. I use Ground nut oil for most frying myself.

Cheers Arry 

Is Rapeseed Oil Healthy?

Rapeseed oil is widely used around the world. It’s famous for its affordability and versatility as a cooking oil and is commonly found in salad dressings, fried foods, and baked goods.

Rapeseed oil is naturally low in saturated fat and high in unsaturated fat, which is excellent for your health.

It’s an excellent source of vitamin E — a strong antioxidant, which can support eye and skin health.

Rapeseed oil is also a great source of an omega-3 fat known as alpha-linolenic acid, which provides numerous heart health benefits like lower blood pressure and a decreased likelihood of heart attack.

High in omega-6 fats, rapeseed oil can also support overall health. However, an excess of omega-6 can lead to some inflammation in the body. Fortunately, you can find a balanced ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 fats at a 1:2 ratio in rapeseed oil, which experts believe is ideal.

5 minutes ago, Arry said:

Bit off the mark there France. Canola oil is Rape seed oil. But most rape seed oil is GMO so thats up to the people to judge for them selfs. I use Ground nut oil for most frying myself.

Cheers Arry 

Is Rapeseed Oil Healthy?

Rapeseed oil is widely used around the world. It’s famous for its affordability and versatility as a cooking oil and is commonly found in salad dressings, fried foods, and baked goods.

Rapeseed oil is naturally low in saturated fat and high in unsaturated fat, which is excellent for your health.

It’s an excellent source of vitamin E — a strong antioxidant, which can support eye and skin health.

Rapeseed oil is also a great source of an omega-3 fat known as alpha-linolenic acid, which provides numerous heart health benefits like lower blood pressure and a decreased likelihood of heart attack.

High in omega-6 fats, rapeseed oil can also support overall health. However, an excess of omega-6 can lead to some inflammation in the body. Fortunately, you can find a balanced ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 fats at a 1:2 ratio in rapeseed oil, which experts believe is ideal.

The jurys out on that one arry lol i seen plenty studies stating otherwise,we need saturated fat its the building blocks of cholesterol,testosterone our brain etc 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Francie, said:

Which jug filter do you use arry?

Funnily enough arry i got sick after christmas,which i rarely get anyway felt burning in chest an upset stomach,turns out heartburn an indigestion,reflux,which i never experienced in my life,was that bad my heart was pumping like fook thought i was taking a heart attack,got checked my heart was fine,doc prescribed amaprozole or something to lessen the acid.

Then tells me they want to test for h pylori ffs bad infection in gut which inflames the gut causing the symptoms i had plus can lead to stomach cancer,the treatment is 4 harsh antibiotics which are not guarnteed to work.

Im not taking the stomach tabs an my symptoms have gone away just about,no pain or nought.im a sucker for white bap an muffins with bacon etc lol time to cut it out.

Just a Brita one mate you have to change the filter about every four week but in my opinion it well worth it.

For you gut mate try a Yakult, Kefer or Actemel probiotics. I have Kefer on my breakfast and take my blood pressure tables with a Yakult.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
Just now, Francie, said:

Says who corky?

That myth has been well debunked mate,same crowd says beef bad,eggs bad here eat this highly processed garbadge from the factory lol 

No, the narrative that seed oils are terrible for you is pushed by the low carb, high protein/carnivore diet influencers.

Again, all foods in excess can be detrimental to health. In the studies that replaced saturated fats with polyunsaturated fats in a 1:1 ratio there was a neutral/positive effect on inflammation. A similar trend was seen with heart disease, in fact the longer studies showed that there was a substantial reduction in risk when you substitute saturated fat for polyunsaturated fat. In metabolic heath they saw improvements in insulin sensitivity, etc. As for cancers, they didn't see any real difference. The real reason why they should get a bad press is because they are used too much in modern foods, basically they are a major contributor of excessive calorie consumption.

Just now, Francie, said:

The jurys out on that one arry lol i seen plenty studies stating otherwise,we need saturated fat its the building blocks of cholesterol,testosterone our brain etc 

Don't worry mate I eat far too much red meat but thats what gives you high cholesterol that with cheese and butter does the clogging up mate, I love all those. Olive Oil, Rape Seed Oil and Ground Nut Oils are the good ones mate that help keep the arteries clear.

Cheers Arry

5 minutes ago, Arry said:

Just a Brita one mate you have to change the filter about every four week but in my option it well worth it.

For you gut mate try a Yakult, Kefer or Actemel probiotics. I have Kefer on my breakfast and take my blood pressure tables with a Yakult.

Cheers Arry

Will do arry thanks

2 minutes ago, Corkhill said:

No, the narrative that seed oils are terrible for you is pushed by the low carb, high protein/carnivore diet influencers.

Again, all foods in excess can be detrimental to health. In the studies that replaced saturated fats with polyunsaturated fats in a 1:1 ratio there was a neutral/positive effect on inflammation. A similar trend was seen with heart disease, in fact the longer studies showed that there was a substantial reduction in risk when you substitute saturated fat for polyunsaturated fat. In metabolic heath they saw improvements in insulin sensitivity, etc. As for cancers, they didn't see any real difference. The real reason why they should get a bad press is because they are used too much in modern foods, basically they are a major contributor of excessive calorie consumption.

Yeah iv seen the carnivores give seed oil a bad rap,but think about how long has seed oils of this nature been in production compared to us eating saturated fat?

Saturated fat builds cholesterol an cholesterol is very important for the brain to function,plus hundreds of other functions in the body.

Does seed oild help produce cholesterol?

2 minutes ago, Arry said:

Don't worry mate I eat far too much red meat but thats what gives you high cholesterol that with cheese and butter does the clogging up mate, I love all those. Olive Oil, Rape Seed Oil and Ground Nut Oils are the good ones mate that help keep the arteries clear.

Cheers Arry

High cholesterol is not a bad thing arry,it get a bad rap because people dont understand it the diff in ldl an hdl mate,if you have low cholesterol your brain will shrivel up an youve a good chance of dying,check it out google cholesterol an the brain 

1 minute ago, Francie, said:

Will do arry thanks

Yeah iv seen the carnivores give seed oil a bad rap,but think about how long has seed oils of this nature been in production compared to us eating saturated fat?

Saturated fat builds cholesterol an cholesterol is very important for the brain to function,plus hundreds of other functions in the body.

Mate I believe its every thing in moderation a mixed diet ie meat, fish mixed with plenty of veg fruit. In my opinion and watch people picking up ready meals pizza's etc we don't eat enough veg. 

I also say away from things with palm oil in.

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Francie, said:

Will do arry thanks

Nature doesn't really say much when the human randomised control trials day otherwise mate.

Seed oils can reduce LDL cholesterol, which is known as bad cholesterol, but, it's not so black & white.

But, again, if were to listen to every bit of advice we wouldn't eat a damn thing lol.

Eating to excess is the real killer at the end of the day.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Arry said:

Cheers Arry 

Is Rapeseed Oil Healthy?

I wouldn't believe any of that harry...

Going back to what I said on the other thread the other week....us humans evolved as hyper carnivores....where 70% or more of our calorie intake came from animals...carbohydrates intake was very low ...

It's carbs ...sugar and seed oils that cause most of our health issues...

Go on any carnivore youtube channel and read the comments...the amount of stuff it has cured ...reversed or helped is staggering ...but no docs just want to throw drugs at you....

High blood pressure...type two diabetes...heart disease...acid reflux...all sorts of gut issues like ibs...skin conditions like exma....and the other one I can't spell begins with a P.....

Even bigger things there are reports of cancer patients doing very well ....and kids with autism...

As much as I like my fruit vege...we wernt ment to eat it...show me a wild brocoli....it doesn't exist....show me a wild Brussel it don't exist....every single banana grown for consumption is a clone...

I bet even the humble apple us humans didn't eat ....because until we played around with them they were just crab apple 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TOMO said:

I wouldn't believe any of that harry...

Going back to what I said on the other thread the other week....us humans evolved as hyper carnivores....where 70% or more of our calorie intake came from animals...carbohydrates intake was very low ...

It's carbs ...sugar and seed oils that cause most of our health issues...

Go on any carnivore youtube channel and read the comments...the amount of stuff it has cured ...reversed or helped is staggering ...but no docs just want to throw drugs at you....

High blood pressure...type two diabetes...heart disease...acid reflux...all sorts of gut issues like ibs...skin conditions like exma....and the other one I can't spell begins with a P.....

Even bigger things there are reports of cancer patients doing very well ....and kids with autism...

As much as I like my fruit vege...we wernt ment to eat it...show me a wild brocoli....it doesn't exist....show me a wild Brussel it don't exist....every single banana grown for consumption is a clone...

I bet even the humble apple us humans didn't eat ....because until we played around with them they were just crab apple 

That's just not true, the studies don't show any of that. Again, you've probably been watching too many carnivore diet influencers. The studies are out there for everyone to read buddy.