US and UK Preppers

2 hours ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Prepping is not all about a potential War, it can be for power cuts, water shortages, redundancy etc.

Its amazing how many people eat from day today and have next to nothing in their cupboards or fridge and no other source of electricity, heating or even lighting. I've always made sure we as a family have enough food, water and essentials (gas & power) for at least 4 weeks. I don't consider it to be prepping as such just sensible precautions.

Its estimated 3 days of no power in this country and civil unrest will be on our streets.    

Living payday to payday or benefit allowance payment 👍

• Like 1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How fast does your barge go 😂 

Prepping is not all about a potential War, it can be for power cuts, water shortages, redundancy etc. Its amazing how many people eat from day today and have next to nothing in their cupboards or

Depends.  Down here what most would consider prepping isn't really considered prepping just common sense . Because there's certain time did the year, mainly hurricane season where it's a yearly d

Posted Images

As has been said, I think there is a massive difference between just thinking a couple of steps ahead and being a full blown nutcase.

So, for instance if I was driving upto Scotland or through certain places in Wales in the winter months either by myself or with the family I’d always stash a box of army ration packs and some ordinary & foil blankets in the back of the motor, weather changes quick in them places and who the f**k wants to get caught in a blizzard with their pants down if you have the family on board.

Takes nothing to do it and you forget it’s there, but it’s there if you need it.

Keep a few slabs of shells in the shed all the time, always have a back up means of heating food, warmth and lights.

Not exactly prepping, just being in front of things really in a very basic way. 
I mean I ain’t buying a bandana and joining the local air soft club if that’s what people are thinking ! Lol 

• Like 4

If you sit down and think about it realistically 

if you barricade yourself in how long could you last with food no flushing toilets drinking water etc And then there is being targeted by others who may have access to  construction tools to breach your defences a vehicle as a battering ram and fire to burn you out ?

if you decide to (bug out) you could be seen as a walking target with fancy gear and if your not on your own they could use loved ones like your kids /girlfriend /wife against you and also would they hold you back travelling ? 

best case scenario is somewhere remote or hard to access tucked away with provisions   Buried in caches nearby ?? 

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

I am selling up and have moved into a boat so I can feck off sharpish if and when it does 

How fast does your barge go 😂 

• Haha 14
13 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

best case scenario is somewhere remote or hard to access tucked away with provisions   Buried in caches nearby ??

Nuclear bunker in thousands of square miles of nothing.Everyone gets a bit hysterical and OTT at the thought of total society breakdown,the odds of it happening in our lifetimes are infinitesimally small.

4AC402BB-7944-472B-91CF-8671483C9CD0.jpeg

E76201C4-7993-4349-8AA8-FCAEC1C6F7BA.jpeg

8A93BCB0-CF60-4534-85F4-88E0867B8E2A.jpeg

51C36EB9-EB48-4A1F-BF5C-C215A64B8090.jpeg

• Like 3
3 hours ago, paulus said:

This Bug out thing makes me laugh. Where in the UK are you going to Bug Out too?. Plus it would be a bit like owning a firearm at the start of any unrest, You would just make yourself a great big target. Digging in is possibly better than bugging out. 

I used to find it amusing to see the fellas with the old land rover defenders kitted out with everything including the kitchen sink, but even keeping a few supplies under your car seats is a form of prepping, say if you come home from work and your home is knee deep in water because the river has burst its banks like happened not too far away from me, if you had a wool blanket some water a cup some coffee and powdered milk a small camping stove etc you could hightail it a quarter of a mile up the road to the woodland car park and console yourself with flagons of hot Bovril, and super noodles, also handy in the event of a breakdown 

The end 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 year ago my pal used to lecture all the lads about about how we should be stashing weapons in out the way places ready for when the race war breaks out ! Lol …….after a couple of hours we’d be like “f**k sake John, leave off, your doing everyone’s nut in” lol 

9 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Not fast but it gets me lots of places people  who can't swim can’t 

Fixed that for you 😂

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, mackem said:

My Mrs is the ultimate prepper,when our power went out last year due to Ottawa being hit with a derecho she had batteries,powerbank,candles,lamps and food out straight away.We have been in the worlds largest underground room (known,there might be others secret squirrel nowadays)75 feet underground in a nuclear bunker in the middle of nowhere (Canada) built to withstand a 5 megaton blast from just over a mile away.Britain is densely populated,nowhere to “bug-out” here as you would be tripping over other people bugging-out.New Zealand is where a lot of billionaires are building mega-bunkers (just in case),or as I learnt in Switzerland last year they have 350,000 fallout shelters,enough for all of their population.

Is a Derecho a french Del Boy Trotter Mack?