US and UK Preppers

I've got a mate, ex service and a bit of a lad, he's done a few tours of northern Ireland back in the day and been in and out of  prison a good few times, even did a spell in the glass house and escaped and got nicked trying to board a flight to Thailand lol. Can look after himself and done ok for himself and I class as a switched on geezer , got a little small holding now. Now for a good few years he's been into this prepping thing. Stores tinned food in his garage and built a bug out camper van type thing. Also got quite a few compound bows and crossbows for target shooting, but if the shit ever hit the fan with ww3 or mass civil unrest or the third world order takes over, he can keep these legally and if the sh1t ever hits the fan , he has arms. He thinks something's coming and wants to be prepared.  He's another anti jab like myself that didn't believe a word of it. He does believe some of these conspiracy theories ( am sat on the fence with it ). So what's all your views on prepping ? 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How fast does your barge go 😂 

Prepping is not all about a potential War, it can be for power cuts, water shortages, redundancy etc. Its amazing how many people eat from day today and have next to nothing in their cupboards or

Depends.  Down here what most would consider prepping isn't really considered prepping just common sense . Because there's certain time did the year, mainly hurricane season where it's a yearly d

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

I've got a mate, ex service and a bit of a lad, he's done a few tours of northern Ireland back in the day and been in and out of  prison a good few times, even did a spell in the glass house and escaped and got nicked trying to board a flight to Thailand lol. Can look after himself and done ok for himself and I class as a switched on geezer , got a little small holding now. Now for a good few years he's been into this prepping thing. Stores tinned food in his garage and built a bug out camper van type thing. Also got quite a few compound bows and crossbows for target shooting, but if the shit ever hit the fan with ww3 or mass civil unrest or the third world order takes over, he can keep these legally and if the sh1t ever hits the fan , he has arms. He thinks something's coming and wants to be prepared.  He's another anti jab like myself that didn't believe a word of it. He does believe some of these conspiracy theories ( am sat on the fence with it ). So what's all your views on prepping ? 

Seems a good idea, but a few tins of beans and a shelter made of wickes corraged plastic won’t help against a nuclear attack or some of these weapons they got nowadays

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Seems a good idea, but a few tins of beans and a shelter made of wickes corraged plastic won’t help against a nuclear attack or some of these weapons they got nowadays

True, I know some of the yanks take it far with unreal bunkers and things. 

• Haha 1

Now are all these just glorified Rambo types or is there something in this ? Tbh if somebody told me about a virus that will shut the world down and house bound us all 6 years ago, I'd of thought you was off your nutt.  But it happened .....

Edited by Leo Sayer
  • Like 2
22 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

are nuclear bombs as bad as they make out  ? there powerful don’t get me wrong but is what comes after as bad  as they tell us 

6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

are nuclear bombs as bad as they make out  ? there powerful don’t get me wrong but is what comes after as bad  as they tell us 

Tbh MC lets hope we never find out 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My mrs been saying the world is gonna end,ever since she found God 😁she  has bought a great big f***ing industrial freeze dryer unit(£3000) for prepping food,we also have a big dehydrator (that im gonna start drying meat out for my dogs and maybe sell some on....seen the price of the freeze dried ration packs?makes sense to think outside the box...I wont be eating bugs and lab grown meat👍

READYWISE.CO.UK

About this item ESSENTIAL SURVIVAL KIT: Each grab bag contains 60 servings with 13 unique meal options. JUST...

• Like 1

Prepping is not all about a potential War, it can be for power cuts, water shortages, redundancy etc.

Its amazing how many people eat from day today and have next to nothing in their cupboards or fridge and no other source of electricity, heating or even lighting. I've always made sure we as a family have enough food, water and essentials (gas & power) for at least 4 weeks. I don't consider it to be prepping as such just sensible precautions.

Its estimated 3 days of no power in this country and civil unrest will be on our streets.    

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

This Bug out thing makes me laugh. Where in the UK are you going to Bug Out too?. Plus it would be a bit like owning a firearm at the start of any unrest, You would just make yourself a great big target. Digging in is possibly better than bugging out. 

3 minutes ago, paulus said:

This Bug out thing makes me laugh. Where in the UK are you going to Bug Out too?. Plus it would be a bit like owning a firearm at the start of any unrest, You would just make yourself a great big target. Digging in is possibly better than bugging out. 

Again don't think of prepping just for conflict, you may have a bug out bag if you live in a flood area and you need to get out quick or you are moved by the police because of a gas leak.  Just having a bag with essentials, cash, bit of food and some spare clothes to grab on your way out the door would make things much easier. 

• Like 6

Never been a prepper but can’t see no reason not to be prepared for anything in some way shape or form tbh but these people that tell everyone there a prepper an make a big deal out of showing all there gear plus showing people what they have were it’s kept is a stupid idea because if shit really hits the fan there the first getting turned over people change in times of desperation and hardship. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, poxon said:

Never been a prepper but can’t see no reason not to be prepared for anything in some way shape or form tbh but these people that tell everyone there a prepper an make a big deal out of showing all there gear plus showing people what they have were it’s kept is a stupid idea because if shit really hits the fan there the first getting turned over people change in times of desperation and hardship. 

Yeah i agree, imagine a massive civil unrest in this country. Take next door to me , a lovely couple a bit younger than me. Both white collar workers , both fatties. He's a nice fella not my cup of tea and I'm sure I'm not his lol. But if the sh1t hit the fan and a couple of the street wise dealers decided to tax his house for his food or whatever , they would be helpless. Nice couple but clueless. 

• Like 1

My Mrs is the ultimate prepper,when our power went out last year due to Ottawa being hit with a derecho she had batteries,powerbank,candles,lamps and food out straight away.We have been in the worlds largest underground room (known,there might be others secret squirrel nowadays)75 feet underground in a nuclear bunker in the middle of nowhere (Canada) built to withstand a 5 megaton blast from just over a mile away.Britain is densely populated,nowhere to “bug-out” here as you would be tripping over other people bugging-out.New Zealand is where a lot of billionaires are building mega-bunkers (just in case),or as I learnt in Switzerland last year they have 350,000 fallout shelters,enough for all of their population.

• Like 2

I guess in a way I could be labelled as such, due to the fact I think something bad is coming down the tracks I don’t believe a word I,m told and I am selling up and have moved into a boat so I can feck off sharpish if and when it does and as true Brit says it’s not just war, I read something years ago that if the power ever goes out and full scale civil unrest began 90% of the population would have killed each other within a fortnight, so if you can feck off for a month you should be able to do quite nicely upon your return and I think if we had a landmass similar to America a lot more brits would be prepping to get out

• Like 5