Am I an arsehole.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've not read the post... I'm saying yes though, based on the title alone ..😄

you are not out of order....you are bang on target.............my mouth has got me in trouble no end of times when iwas younger....but at least i could sleep at night knowing that i had been true to m

You aren't an arsehole but 90% of twats on little syndicates are, got a little business or wealthy family and then go round like they're landowners or something.   Anyone talking about shooting d

You aren't an arsehole but 90% of twats on little syndicates are, got a little business or wealthy family and then go round like they're landowners or something. 

Anyone talking about shooting dogs for no reason surely isn't the responsible type of gun you want on a shoot either.

• Like 8

They sound abit sensitive when something is said they don't agree with but quick enough to say they'd shoot dogs that are not gun dogs etc

It's your shoot they should respect that and help you to make it work without standing on your toes or becoming to comfortable..

• Like 2

When I read the title my first thought was yes. But I can sometimes be quick to make my mind up so I thought cmon Ry, read through the man's issue and see what is going on.... f***ing prosseco? Should have followed my gut as usual.

You know what they say about arseholes, every shoot 

is full of em 

• Like 1

Honestly though I'm like that. If I don't like someone or a group of people just leave. I don't make excuses I don't try and sneak away, I just get my coat or whatever and go. If I'm asked I say why. Without causing a scene.

Domt have to get on with everyone in this world and don't have to spend time with anyone you don't get on with.

Something I have come to realise even more since having little ones is that time is precious. I would rather be sat in a field on my own or walking river bank than sat in local with people I'm not fussed about just because they are regulars.

I have an extreme small circle of friends. Infact it's probably a triangle, or a line maybe.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Dear Deirdre/thl 

Recently got into a discussion/argument with two mates of mine who insist I can be an arsehole. 

I'd value your opinion.

Their point is I refuse to get along with people who hold a different opinion to me. I disagree. I just believe I don't want to be in the company of certain people.

We have a shoot and are looking to find some new guns. They want to bring in their mates from an old syndicate they were in. Now I went beating their once, and the shoot captain was talking about taking legal action against one of the fell packs that had twice run on to the shoot. To me that's just sport, you can't stop the trail layer and these things happen. One of the guns declared he would shoot their hounds. I walked away. My opinion is those two absolute cnuts are never setting foot on our shoot.

Another example was a couple of townie nobheads that they are friends with. They have moved to our village to escape the shite hole towns. Now we got talking about migrants and the bloke asked me if I was against immigration. I said yes on the whole and especially uncontrolled immigration. He stood up and declared I was a racist bigot. Now I'd had a prosecco or two and told him to f**k off back to Salford and take his leftwing fat arsed wife with him. My mates now want to bring him beating. I've said he can fck right off. 

Are they correct and I'm being out of order? Or am I right in thinking these types of people are shithouses and I have no reason to spend time in their company. 

I'm actually thinking of fckin everyone off and running the shoot on my own and not letting any of those irritating shooters anywhere near. I can go down there on my own, release a few birds and me and the pheasants can all exist in my little wonderland without the need for people who disagree with me.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Dido 

I'd say life is too short, give them one more try, especially if they are willing to come on the shoot you are at.

If it goes tits up, you'd be able chin one of them. Or may be they're coming to get ya 😆

I like a bit of conflict. If there's someone I don't like or a group, I just take the piss out of them, until they get their coat. Why should you have to leave.

To be honest, I can put up with cnuts some what, but I even I have my limits.

This is a thing as you get older, people become more opinionated and less tolerant of other cnuts. You need to become a bigger cnut and out cnut the cnuts 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You are bang on the money and i would probably get on with you in real life like a house on fire. I have the same trouble at work as i say it how it is and all those i have nothing in common with or try taking the piss whether it be management or other workers i never get into conversations with them as on the whole their opinions mean nothing to me and its water off a ducks back what they think of me or say about me . The only thing that baffles me slightly is management have asked me to take other rolls on like supervisor and health and safety warden plus first aider.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the comments.

My problem is I brought them in on an equal share basis and this season we shared work and finance equally. It's difficult to now start playing the 'its my shoot' card. But I am going to have to straighten them up a bit. They are two brothers and automatically agree and back each other up. If I carry on like this I will end up dancing to their tune. 

Time to set some boundaries I think 👌

• Like 2

Its your shoot you choose who you want on it, who you want to spend your spare time with. If you have twats with high opinions like that they will hinder the banter the laughs the crac.

I hate this don't say this don't say that treading on egg shells arguments will all ways start like that. You cant always agree with everybody all the time but real mates would let a comment wash over them like water off a ducks back. But twats like that are going to creat an atmosphere you don't want.

Your on the money Dido have your shoot the way you want it with the people you want to have around you.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, gnipper said:

You aren't an arsehole but 90% of twats on little syndicates are, got a little business or wealthy family and then go round like they're landowners or something. 

Anyone talking about shooting dogs for no reason surely isn't the responsible type of gun you want on a shoot either.

A lot of them who talk about shooting dogs thankfully never carry it out and those that do can create problems for themselfs .

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Thanks for all the comments.

My problem is I brought them in on an equal share basis and this season we shared work and finance equally. It's difficult to now start playing the 'its my shoot' card. But I am going to have to straighten them up a bit. They are two brothers and automatically agree and back each other up. If I carry on like this I will end up dancing to their tune. 

Time to set some boundaries I think 👌

Use the black ball system mate

7 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Use the black ball system mate

That's more or less where we are at. I don't want their click of rich gunmen and they automatically disagree with everyone I suggest just to be cnuts. 

Time to take control and set boundaries. My way or the highway 

• Like 4