Small compact pot fillers...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think a beddy greyhound x collie greyhound fits the bill well as a all round used for a bit of everything type of dog master of none not to big not to small good turn of speed got a bit of weight be

This little dog does well for his size, but will will be honest the only thing that lets him down is his size. Small grass paddocks he comes into his own. But lacks something on bigger more open groun

My old dog first cross Wheaton whippet winston great on the rabbits and loved teeth lol atb longers01 

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Oz staghound, they are used on everything from rabbits to boars/deer and have been bred just to work for 200 years. You need a big dog to catch big game day after day.

Work for 200 years?, they must be 63/64ths saluki, half a scabby pitta bread and a hollow toothful of scavenged beetles and there's carcasses akimbo enough to feed every clan from lands end to walkabout creek 

1 hour ago, low plains drifter said:

Work for 200 years?, they must be 63/64ths saluki, half a scabby pitta bread and a hollow toothful of scavenged beetles and there's carcasses akimbo enough to feed every clan from lands end to walkabout creek 

Heard they got tumbler blood in them .

12 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Oz staghound, they are used on everything from rabbits to boars/deer and have been bred just to work for 200 years. You need a big dog to catch big game day after day.

Yes and no, you do need a dog with a bit of size and strength but the best I’ve seen on big game have been in the 25- 27” range & no heavier than 70lbs 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, low plains drifter said:

Yes indeed 

Archaic Wellingborough X Coober Pedy outcross, for hybrid vigour and shoulder angle

You had your heed in the used mushroom again 

Edited by Black neck
Severed head
On 07/01/2024 at 22:53, Deerhunter1 said:

Yes and no, you do need a dog with a bit of size and strength but the best I’ve seen on big game have been in the 25- 27” range & no heavier than 70lbs 

That is a big dog to me as I've mainly owned whippet types. That's around the height and weight of an average staghound, some bigger, some smaller depending on the game hunted. I had a ginger dog that was around 30 inches and 100lb and he was the second smallest in the litter. The old guy used them on roos daily and preferred the bigger dogs.

On 06/01/2024 at 15:05, Black neck said:

If it falls right the can be right gooduns tho ,think.the problem is them coursing enthusiasts are right fibbers 

No worse than bull cross owners.Only ever owned bull crosses myself and witnessed a few very good ones over the years but 90% of the bull crosses Ive seen weren't worth feeding and very rarely did the job how there owners claimed

26 minutes ago, downsouth said:

No worse than bull cross owners.Only ever owned bull crosses myself and witnessed a few very good ones over the years but 90% of the bull crosses Ive seen weren't worth feeding and very rarely did the job how there owners claimed

Same as just about every owner of every cross 😂

• Like 1
1 hour ago, downsouth said:

Very true I was just after a rise off the fluffy tail brigade 

• Haha 2