Fresh uns mate have to blend in with the normal folk from time to time

• Like 2

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think a beddy greyhound x collie greyhound fits the bill well as a all round used for a bit of everything type of dog master of none not to big not to small good turn of speed got a bit of weight be

This little dog does well for his size, but will will be honest the only thing that lets him down is his size. Small grass paddocks he comes into his own. But lacks something on bigger more open groun

My old dog first cross Wheaton whippet winston great on the rabbits and loved teeth lol atb longers01 

Posted Images

I am so disappointed no one got the hump with me 😂 

But in all seriousness, if you want to be dropping most types of game on most types of ground from daytime hares to deer, then you probably want something with a decent bit of size and leg to it, good drive and fairly quick, good wind etc. 

Most Lurcher types will do it, just get something 2/3 3/4 runner and the rest whatever flavour tickles your pickle. I find bull suits me because they are easy to live with, smart, driven, trainable, good nose etc and I personally just like having them about. The ground I run they benefit from a bit of something else in the mix. 

But as with every single what x thred, the answer is, just get a pup out of dogs doing what you want to do with yours. 

Alternatively get yourself a little head banger like a proper bull whippet and have a lot of fun, maybe catch less, but do it in fine style 👍 

Coursing dog over a lamper of some kind would be the obvious choice, unless you’re planning on running hares regular on big open places I’d stay away from a straight coursing dog they’re not as versatile as when you cross one with another type of lurcher. They can also lack a bit of bottle on some larger edibles so I’m told, but that’s another story

Edited by Deerhunter1
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, Whoknows said:

F*ck coursing dogs. Fairly handy for running stuff. But you’ve got to live with the bell ends. 

The best thing you can do with a coursing dog is mate it to another kind of lurcher. On their own they’re an acquired taste for the average lurcher man

Edited by Deerhunter1
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, poxon said:

I think a beddy greyhound x collie greyhound fits the bill well as a all round used for a bit of everything type of dog master of none not to big not to small good turn of speed got a bit of weight behind them if needed an clever enough to learn what’s expected of them they fit in well as a pot hunter type dog I’ve found they a ready for anything type of dog 

IMG_4513.jpeg

Nice looking dog mate 👍

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Coursing dog over a lamper of some kind would be the obvious choice, unless you’re planning on running hares regular on big open places I’d stay away from a straight coursing dog they’re not as versatile as when you cross one with another type of lurcher. They can also lack a bit of bottle on some larger edibles so I’m told, but that’s another story

Seen coursing blood ruin lines of bull lurcher making them neither here or there being not as capable as the courser and lacking the bottle o the bull spose that's chance u take tho init either works or it don't 😉 

12 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Seen coursing blood ruin lines of bull lurcher making them neither here or there being not as capable as the courser and lacking the bottle o the bull spose that's chance u take tho init either works or it don't 😉 

Definitely if I was after a foxing dog the last thing I’d be doing is adding any coursing blood, but for some things they can do well, and not always crossed with bull blood either, other types of lurcher like collie, deerhound or wheaten. But I’d agree with you the more coursing blood you add the less bottle you should expect the offspring to have

Edited by Deerhunter1
11 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Definitely if I was after a foxing dog the last thing I’d be doing is adding any coursing blood, but for some things they can do well, and not always crossed with bull blood either, other types of lurcher like collie, deerhound or wheaten. But I’d agree with you the more coursing blood you add the less bottle you should expect the offspring to have

If it falls right the can be right gooduns tho ,think.the problem is them coursing enthusiasts are right fibbers 

• Haha 3
6 hours ago, Black neck said:

If it falls right the can be right gooduns tho ,think.the problem is them coursing enthusiasts are right fibbers 

The ingredients on both sides need to be the real deal from my experience, if you get that right you will some right handy animals 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Aussie Whip said:

Oz staghound, they are used on everything from rabbits to boars/deer and have been bred just to work for 200 years. You need a big dog to catch big game day after day.

Originated in Wolverhampton 

• Haha 1