Small compact pot fillers...

Interested in what lads consider the ultimate pot filler for all round edibles. Would have to be fast enough for the odd hare daytime and also able to come to terms with the odd capreolus but not too concerned with old Charlie. Not too big either. Swaying with a nice bred saluki grey type maybe a splash of bull? I like some of these smaller coursing types, bitches mainly, lovely looking animals but haven't decided yet?

Had a Hancock beardie/border greyhound in the past, great on edibles but lacked a gear on bigger ground. 

Any thoughts appreciated 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think a beddy greyhound x collie greyhound fits the bill well as a all round used for a bit of everything type of dog master of none not to big not to small good turn of speed got a bit of weight be

This little dog does well for his size, but will will be honest the only thing that lets him down is his size. Small grass paddocks he comes into his own. But lacks something on bigger more open groun

My old dog first cross Wheaton whippet winston great on the rabbits and loved teeth lol atb longers01 

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Backandbeyond said:

Interested in what lads consider the ultimate pot filler for all round edibles. Would have to be fast enough for the odd hare daytime and also able to come to terms with the odd capreolus but not too concerned with old Charlie. Not too big either. Swaying with a nice bred saluki grey type maybe a splash of bull? I like some of these smaller coursing types, bitches mainly, lovely looking animals but haven't decided yet?

Had a Hancock beardie/border greyhound in the past, great on edibles but lacked a gear on bigger ground. 

Any thoughts appreciated 

You would be needing summat of a reasonable size if your after bit o this and that ,I only got little uns and on biggish ground  the get smoked sometimes but I bin getting out seeing some bit bigger types run and the can do same as the likkle uns on tight ground but got that extra stride and knockingoverability that needed at times 

5r

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Black neck said:

You would be needing summat of a reasonable size if your after bit o this and that ,I only got little uns and on biggish ground  the get smoked sometimes but I bin getting out seeing some bit bigger types run and the can do same as the likkle uns on tight ground but got that extra stride and knockingoverability that needed at times 

5r

How are they bred mate, the bigger ones? 

21 minutes ago, Backandbeyond said:

How are they bred mate, the bigger ones? 

The mark of the bull terrier is evident but whatever coursing bull or ignorant saluki type,  collie x 🤢 if its of a fair size u got more chance than not imho

• Like 1

This little dog does well for his size, but will will be honest the only thing that lets him down is his size. Small grass paddocks he comes into his own. But lacks something on bigger more open ground. Good fun to watch tho, small dogs giving it there all! 👍

AD7CB7B1-9307-440E-9D23-8F2D9DD8EA26.jpeg

• Like 11
2 hours ago, Backandbeyond said:

A coursing type from good stock should do everything really I suppose just curious as to what lads are running for filling the freezer that can take a bit of graft regular👍

F*ck coursing dogs. Fairly handy for running stuff. But you’ve got to live with the bell ends. 

I think a beddy greyhound x collie greyhound fits the bill well as a all round used for a bit of everything type of dog master of none not to big not to small good turn of speed got a bit of weight behind them if needed an clever enough to learn what’s expected of them they fit in well as a pot hunter type dog I’ve found they a ready for anything type of dog 

IMG_4513.jpeg

• Like 13
24 minutes ago, poxon said:

I think a beddy greyhound x collie greyhound fits the bill well as a all round used for a bit of everything type of dog master of none not to big not to small good turn of speed got a bit of weight behind them if needed an clever enough to learn what’s expected of them they fit in well as a pot hunter type dog I’ve found they a ready for anything type of dog 

IMG_4513.jpeg

Kin el, mate, those trainers ain't seen much graft!!  Lol

😄 👍

• Haha 7