Christmas in the sun.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spent Christmas in Gran Canaria.  Reflections. The people here enjoy the best climate in the world. Always between 18 and 26c degrees. They still have huge extended family gatherings in rest

Chatting with the Mrs,and decided that we will be going to Tenerife for next Xmas,and not have to lift a finger.....kids can have money and blow it in the January sales when we get back ...Im sick of

Yep, when you visit these places you realise we are living like pigs half the time mate.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, gnipper said:

Did you get the thunder and hail last night? It was a weird one that and there was nothing on the weather about it. 

Weird I got woke up ,and thought I heard thunder but assumed it was something being blown around . It’s been windy last couple of days and heavy rain off n on .

Am quite lucky here, I live on the flood planes of the Severn estuary, but a short drive and I am up on the Cotswolds with its many different hidden valleys and high ridges, been out today for a wander up coaley peak it is a massive steep incline and I could have stopped on the way up for a picknic but when I came over the top could barely stand upright in the wind, plenty of fallen branches about so gathered a big bag before coming back down to torrential rain 

Chatting with the Mrs,and decided that we will be going to Tenerife for next Xmas,and not have to lift a finger.....kids can have money and blow it in the January sales when we get back ...Im sick of the shite weather and prices at xmas over here👍

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Chatting with the Mrs,and decided that we will be going to Tenerife for next Xmas,and not have to lift a finger.....kids can have money and blow it in the January sales when we get back ...Im sick of the shite weather and prices at xmas over here👍

Going away for Xmas in 2 years time mate, will be the Mrs 50th on 19th Devember, said to all the family if you want to come we'll be booking early next year to give everyone chance to pay over 2 years...not sure where yet, but like you done with the hassle! 

We've done Xmas eve, Xmas Day, Boxing Day and have friends staying here for New Years Eve.. plus both cottages booked over Xmas, change over today and change over on New Year's Day... its non stop, we've loved having everyone, and like hosting ..but I'm about done now! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Literally had that conversation 10 mins ago 

• Like 2

Don't know, I've got two young ones so probably wouldn't go away. Also don't know if I'd fancy airports etc..I'd rather get away Jan/Feb/march for some winter sun. I'm mad for getting away mind , get my tax bill out the way and start saving for a decent holiday , probably be a summer holiday though....enjoy all.