Natural disaster

2 hours ago, Borr said:

Earthquake in Beijing....

It’s on a tectonic boundary,right beside the ring of fire,I have experienced small earthquakes,nothing big,but I have a mate here in Canada who is Filipino,he survived the Baguio quake in 1990? in which 2000-2500 people died.I was in Kathmandu 2018 a few years after the Nepal earthquake that killed 9000,lots of damage still visible in the city,spoke to a few people who were in the city when it happened,UK might have crap weather but it’s lucky it doesn’t have natural disasters.

• Like 2

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do love a natural disaster, makes you realise how insignificant we really are in he overall scheme, thought this avalanche was a bit special so thought I would share   

I was in south east valleys in Wales when Birmingham had a tremor, made my light switch rattle... So I know where you're coming from. ...

well it looks like i jinxed that 🤣

15 minutes ago, mackem said:

It’s on a tectonic boundary,right beside the ring of fire,I have experienced small earthquakes,nothing big,but I have a mate here in Canada who is Filipino,he survived the Baguio quake in 1990? in which 2000-2500 people died.I was in Kathmandu 2018 a few years after the Nepal earthquake that killed 9000,lots of damage still visible in the city,spoke to a few people who were in the city when it happened,UK might have crap weather but it’s lucky it doesn’t have natural disasters.

I was in south east valleys in Wales when Birmingham had a tremor, made my light switch rattle... So I know where you're coming from. ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
9 minutes ago, Borr said:

From little light switch rattles do giant earthquakes grow,they have to start somewhere.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, mackem said:

Historically/ geographically there is evidence I believe of a tsunami  travelling up the river Severn in by gone yeasts so still a possibility, this tit could bore a glass eye to sleep but explains things 

Edited by Greyman
7 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Historically/ geographically there is evidence I believe of a tsunami  travelling up the river Severn in by gone yeasts so still a possibility, this tit could bore a glass eye to sleep but explains things 

Stop being catty lol

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/12/2023 at 13:53, Greyman said:

A tsunami hitting Bristol..... would probably clean the fckin place up

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, mackem said:

Just found these clips on a USB so uploaded them.Kathmandu three years after the 7.8 was still f****d up.

Can clearly see the devastation good videoing there I remember going on one of the trek's a year or 2 after n the boulders everywhere was crazy..

I used to always like mooching n raching around those little shops around Thamel for the copy out door gear n coffee n sandwich shops how about you mack..

Sure would like to be there now..

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, dodger said:

I used to always like mooching n raching around those little shops around Thamel for the copy out door gear n coffee n sandwich shops how about you mack..

The last time I was there I found the old store that used to be Mr Sharma's Hashish Centre on freak street it sells household items nowadays,I wonder what the old hippies would have made of the change.

• Like 1

I’ve visited Masaya Volcano in Nicaragua and the viewing time at the crater is very limited due to fumes and unpredictable nature of the place, apparently a week before I was there a big lump of lava spewed out and landed on top of a tourist bus fortunately empty at the time burnt it to a crisp, while I was there all I wanted to do was sacrifice a goat by lobbing it into the crater my wife told me not to be so silly lol….

WWW.GOODMORNINGAMERICA.COM

In the countdown to the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, "GMA" and our partner Nat Geo present "Extraordinary Earth: 20 in 2020."

• Like 2
18 hours ago, mackem said:

The last time I was there I found the old store that used to be Mr Sharma's Hashish Centre on freak street it sells household items nowadays,I wonder what the old hippies would have made of the change.

Iv been three times over all and each time get a taxi near the airport to thamel I never have anywhere booked just get out near the centre have a walk around looking for cheap rooms like other places then usually after sweating buckets find somewhere get a shower go n get something to eat n then go n have a mooch about probably getting lost so I bet I iv been passed that shop you mention maybe a few times but it won't of been planned lol👍