Natural disaster

18 minutes ago, dodger said:

Iv been three times over all and each time get a taxi near the airport to thamel I never have anywhere booked just get out near the centre have a walk around looking for cheap rooms like other places then usually after sweating buckets find somewhere get a shower go n get something to eat n then go n have a mooch about probably getting lost so I bet I iv been passed that shop you mention maybe a few times but it won't of been planned lol👍

I prefer to get out of the city and head off,i sound like I am having a clutches but I was at altitude and the climb was steep. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do love a natural disaster, makes you realise how insignificant we really are in he overall scheme, thought this avalanche was a bit special so thought I would share   

I was in south east valleys in Wales when Birmingham had a tremor, made my light switch rattle... So I know where you're coming from. ...

well it looks like i jinxed that 🤣

4 minutes ago, mackem said:

I prefer to get out of the city and head off,i sound like I am having a clutches but I was at altitude and the climb was steep. 

Mate we're is that you mention a monistory.

The first time I went to Nepal was actually by accident as I was travelling in India with a Swedish lad who invited me to Nepal saying he was going on a week's trek to everest base camp.

Great I as I was fit or so I thought 😅 anyway we met this Canadian lad once there who talked us into doing it from girl, ahh mate after the first day I realised that I wasn't even half fit well not that type of fit anyway especially my hamstrings with all the assending n descending.

Anyway during that trek the Canadian told me about a monistory that he wanted to visit and invited me along so I went, I'm not religious or anything but it was some site and once inside we was allowed to sit and watch which we did and then then started all the humming and praying and it sent shivers down our spines n tears in our eyes difficult to explain but we lost track of time in the moment.

Suddenly we noticed a couple of monks turn around and look at us with a look of worry on there faces while at the pointing to a window and at first we had no clue as to why but then we realised that time had gone by quickly and in that time it had gone dark.

Now mack if it's the same you'll probably already realise that this monistory is on a trail high up the mountain with the mountain on one side and a sheer drop on the other you don't want to be walking at night but luckily the Canadian had a head torch so pressed our hands together and said nameste and headed out.

We carefully tried to make our way back to the tea houses thar we were staying hugging the rockside of the mountain trail as we went using the headtorch when would you believe it the bettery went n now this was scary shit believe as you when you here pitch black this really was pitch the feck black, we sat for 5 minutes to gather our thoughts while looking at mad storm miles away but could still clearly see it all pink n yellow lightening but no sound n then decided to soldier on n then just as we was going round the next pass n what looked like someone's garden going off the trail a little we i went over the side didn't I I couldn't believe it n my heart was in my mouth n then before I knew it I was met with an almighty thump were I had landed.

After the shock n in the pitch black n not knowing what I had landed on I managed to stand up n reach up n the Canadian reach down n pull me up were we then managed to limp n find our way back to the tea house n after a stiff whiskey even laugh about it.

The next morning I managed to get a walking stick off a local and away we went and we managed to find were I had fallen off the trail as it was actually close to someone's tiny garden just going off the trail and what I had fallen on was a ledge perhaps 8 to 10 feet in length n about 5 feet in width n anything past that ledge and I'd of fallen to my death.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, dodger said:

Mate we're is that you mention a monistory.

The first time I went to Nepal was actually by accident as I was travelling in India with a Swedish lad who invited me to Nepal saying he was going on a week's trek to everest base camp.

Great I as I was fit or so I thought 😅 anyway we met this Canadian lad once there who talked us into doing it from girl, ahh mate after the first day I realised that I wasn't even half fit well not that type of fit anyway especially my hamstrings with all the assending n descending.

Anyway during that trek the Canadian told me about a monistory that he wanted to visit and invited me along so I went, I'm not religious or anything but it was some site and once inside we was allowed to sit and watch which we did and then then started all the humming and praying and it sent shivers down our spines n tears in our eyes difficult to explain but we lost track of time in the moment.

Suddenly we noticed a couple of monks turn around and look at us with a look of worry on there faces while at the pointing to a window and at first we had no clue as to why but then we realised that time had gone by quickly and in that time it had gone dark.

Now mack if it's the same you'll probably already realise that this monistory is on a trail high up the mountain with the mountain on one side and a sheer drop on the other you don't want to be walking at night but luckily the Canadian had a head torch so pressed our hands together and said nameste and headed out.

We carefully tried to make our way back to the tea houses thar we were staying hugging the rockside of the mountain trail as we went using the headtorch when would you believe it the bettery went n now this was scary shit believe as you when you here pitch black this really was pitch the feck black, we sat for 5 minutes to gather our thoughts while looking at mad storm miles away but could still clearly see it all pink n yellow lightening but no sound n then decided to soldier on n then just as we was going round the next pass n what looked like someone's garden going off the trail a little we i went over the side didn't I I couldn't believe it n my heart was in my mouth n then before I knew it I was met with an almighty thump were I had landed.

After the shock n in the pitch black n not knowing what I had landed on I managed to stand up n reach up n the Canadian reach down n pull me up were we then managed to limp n find our way back to the tea house n after a stiff whiskey even laugh about it.

The far west of Nepal right on the Indian border, off the beaten track, quite remote mate. 

1 hour ago, dodger said:

Sounds great did you have a guide or go alone and how long was the trek

I went alone mate, caught a flight from Kathmandu then one of those 18 hour busrides then met a Nep guy on the floor of the valley who was going up to the monastery, 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Greyman said:

Happy new year here we go 

My heart sank when I saw your post earlier but glad I saw it as my kids are in Japan for Christmas and New year so after seeing your post tried to get through n couldn't at first so was worried even more then but then my ex ancwerd finally and seems were they are hasn't been affected thankfully..

• Like 1