Working Border

It's a long shot but if you don't try you'll never know. 😉

Looking to get in contact or get pointed in the right direction with someone who keeps and works Border Terriers and is willing to help, I know there are only a handfull but it's worth a try I guess.

Used to own and work black terriers and always had a soft spot for borders and seen a few work back in the days and they were always spot on and though as nails. 

Looking for a border pup from working lines, I'm not in a hurry as I'm a patient man and I'm willing to travel as I'm not from the UK.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A warrior from a few years ago, hard as nails starting off but settled to a lifetime of graft

A couple of young hopefuls and a couple of tried and tested..

Posted Images

Gnipper on here has borders, don't know if he's having anymore litters. We have a bitch off him, need to decide this year if we are breeding from her.... keep changing our mind. If we don't this year we will get her done 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

If you're thinking of going down the Hunting dogs europe route do a search on here, and working tests in europe have no bearing on proper earthwork           

I couldn’t agree more with you but as the fella says he’s not based in the uk I thought it was worth a mention

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

If you're thinking of going down the Hunting dogs europe route do a search on here, and working tests in europe have no bearing on proper earthwork           

Thank you and I agree, there are some (show) border breeders over here who use or buy these "working tested" dogs and breed from them and ask a fortune for a pup.💀

11 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Really? Didn't realise. 

Yeah mate the oldun had a tumour in her head and the youngest I gave to my mum for company and she's living the life of luxury going round the local cafe's and kipping on the couch 😄

• Like 1

A lad called @lurchers on here may be able to point you in the right direction...

I've always liked the borders,but they are hard to come by these days, mainly because of the money thats involved...I would take one from a non kc registered litter,over one with some European working cert....know a few lads from here and Germany/finland who have had their pants pulled down,buying in said dogs...👍

• Like 4