Working Border

I work Border Terriers and have done so since 1997. I can be followed on facebook https://www.(!64.56:886/profile.php?id=100064269806228

I do breed and also managed to breed the 2022 Crufts Best in Breed Border Terrier Puppy who 3 weeks prior to the show brought down a 30kg chevreuil/deer. I work below and above ground. This years achievement was to breed the only Kennel Club CIT Champion International Travail-work on Fox which Nina did in Slovakia. I work my dogs all over Europe. Earthwork is in venerie sous terre. I breed to standard and keep fit for function. I am not a man also!

EARTHDOG DIG CH JRASAMUYR CAMPBELL BLACK COMES OUT OF EARTH.JPG

• Like 5

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A warrior from a few years ago, hard as nails starting off but settled to a lifetime of graft

A couple of young hopefuls and a couple of tried and tested..

Posted Images

I’d love a border , I should really have border terriers , all my mates at home had them growing up and up until a few years ago I was constantly offered one from litters being bred by pals . 

the trouble is that they are f***ing articles , I use that term lightly , but they aren’t a proper terrier imho . You can’t compare them to a patterdale , a Russell or a border / Lakie . They just haven’t got that drive in them . 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’d love a border , I should really have border terriers , all my mates at home had them growing up and up until a few years ago I was constantly offered one from litters being bred by pals . 

the trouble is that they are f***ing articles , I use that term lightly , but they aren’t a proper terrier imho . You can’t compare them to a patterdale , a Russell or a border / Lakie . They just haven’t got that drive in them . 

Were all your mates Borders shit then mate, if they were what were they doing breeding from/out of them, percentage wise there's very few working Borders around now but they are out there, that dog at the top of the second page was the equal of most terriers and better than most that I've seen Black, Chocolate, Red Black and Tan or White, rare as rocking horse shit but they are about, and that dog  was a digging dog, not a ratter, busher or fox bolting dog

Edited by Bakerboy
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Bakerboy said:

Were all your mates Borders shit then mate, if they were what were they doing breeding from/out of them, percentage wise there's very few working Borders around now but they are out there, that dog at the top of the second page was the equal of most terriers and better than most that I've seen Black, Chocolate, Red Black and Tan or White, rare as rocking horse shit but they are about, and that dog  was a digging dog, not a ratter, busher or fox bolting dog

You’ve just hit the nail on the head with that line . 
“percentage wise there’s very few working  borders “ 

the reality is they are a wee dog tidy for a pensioner or walking the hills with , they aren’t a proper digging dog are they ? 

37 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

You’ve just hit the nail on the head with that line . 
“percentage wise there’s very few working  borders “ 

the reality is they are a wee dog tidy for a pensioner or walking the hills with , they aren’t a proper digging dog are they ? 

Have admit i have seen one, Absolute horrible cnut with anything on four legs but could do the job that's for sure.  

14 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

The good 1s are but as a breed no they've been neglected for far too long, why were your mates breeding from non workers mate

They weren’t what you’d call workers mate , more for ratching at things , I had 3 or 4 mates with a few between them , they were just country dogs in a way , nothing special at all . I find them a bit beige in character compared to other terriers 

30 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I find them a bit beige in character compared to other terriers 

I'm no expert on them but I've had a few and the ones off proper stuff aren't beige they're mental and are a different animal to the pet bred types. 

• Like 7
5 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Mine were c**ts for even flushing or senting deer just as good as any gun dog for nose.So you might be looking at the wrong ones mate.When ya have a goodun you won’t go back,and when ya have 1 or 2 in that’s to hard pisses ya off as ya don’t get many digs a year or end up with a dead dog.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, gnipper said:

I'm no expert on them but I've had a few and the ones off proper stuff aren't beige they're mental and are a different animal to the pet bred types. 

Mates of mine bred a litter,just after the ban came in,9 pups ,all bar 1 bitch went to digging homes...not 1 dog or bitch made it past 3/4 yr old,  they had no fear of anything you put in front of em...used to make me cringe, honestly when we broke through to them and you seen the shape on them🙈 when you get one that grafts,and settles down,they as good as any black/chocolate dog....money and egos is whats f****d the borders.... Folks dont want to see a £1000/£800 dog lose its chin first time it goes to ground....anyone who says they no good,aint seen a good un sorry 👍

• Like 11
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

when you get one that grafts,and settles down,they as good as any black/chocolate dog....money and egos is whats f****d the borders.... Folks dont want to see a £1000/£800 dog lose its chin first time it goes to ground....anyone who says they no good,aint seen a good un sorry 👍

👍

On 28/12/2023 at 15:54, lurchers said:

image.png.8abcbed5437565fdde79f6544a17f9a1.pngThis is the only bitch I have now but I haven’t done nowt with her.She’s been on a couple of digs and mixed in ok 

IMG_0268.png

IMG_0267.png

Smart looking bitch!! 💯

• Like 1
On 28/12/2023 at 18:34, lurchers said:

That’s the dog that’s going over her mate,I had to give him back to the lad I got him off when I split from the ex

IMG_0449.jpeg

IMG_0450.jpeg

IMG_0458.jpeg

IMG_0454.jpeg

Strong looking male, very nice!

• Like 1