UK to phase out smoking?

I miss the male humour of drinking dens,  especially the wind ups. Me and a mate had been piking and went to the pubs afterwards still with our gear. We had the bright idea of depositing our dead mackerel bait in the toilet cistern of the Ex service club we drank in.. After a few days the stench in the toilets was unreal. The theories as to where the fish came from, when they were eventually discovered , were brilliant. Everything from "they are breeding in the cisterns" to " they have swum up the pipes, to foreigners "using the cisterns to hide fish they had stolen from the suppermarket". 

Edited by jukel123
  • Haha 3

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The rishi should start phasing out drug dealers, homos, trannies, animal rights activists, most of those employed in television, paedos, muslims, and any other dreg of society,  stop all foreign aid a

tell you what ...that facker needs phasing out...   next thing is he will be putting a tax on wanking....

I miss Finishing work and popping in for a quick pint and a game of pool ...few tunes on the jukebox .. Now its all cocaine,selfies and chatting shit £5 plus a pint🙄  

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I miss Finishing work and popping in for a quick pint and a game of pool ...few tunes on the jukebox ..

Now its all cocaine,selfies and chatting shit £5 plus a pint🙄

that it dc some of the old boys were like pros at the pool lol 

27 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I miss Finishing work and popping in for a quick pint and a game of pool ...few tunes on the jukebox ..

Good owd days I remember as a lad, can't remember what year , early 1960 summat like that, on  ,2 till 10 shift inta mill, then clocking off and into smokey Joe's pub in Farnworth Lancashire, live rock n.roll bands place was heaving , I.had a run In with Mick macmanus the wrester, sling me over the bar, ted kettle was the landlord he slung me out lol, always in trouble as a lad 

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I wasnt even a drinker back years ago but the Friday afternoon pool clubs in East London boozers were brilliant,whether you was a straight goer or up to no good you always made sure to keep Friday afternoons free or finish work early,great atmospheres,great fun,good days.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

The amount of cocaine around now is unreal , I live in a small country town only a few thousand people here and every other person is on it 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Do people start smoking voluntarily or are they unfairly influenced to do so? Remember your first draw on a fag. You cough,retch and your eyes stream. It tastes like shit. But you go back to it because of peer pressure created by tobacco advertising. The advertising used to include all types of psychological tricks: it's cool,it's tough,it's communal,it's a stress relief,it's something you do to reward yourself,etc etc etc. You don't start out of the blue. Kids used to be bombarded with these messages. The tobacco barons are now targeting third world kids very successfully because they can't advertise here. The  are dealers in death. 

I've seen good people die from lung cancer and oesophagus cancer. They didn't have a choice. Freedom my arse.They were brainwashed into smoking and some,genuinely can't quit. It's not on. It should be phased out.

I now think back to the days when we used to come back from a night out with our hair and clothes stinking of tobacco as filthy medieval days. One of the best laws ever passed.

Mate I lived nearly my whole life in an area with some of the worst air quality in Britain, now when I go back, if it’s warm I can literally taste the dirt in the air and that’s no joke.

But I never gave it a second thought all the time I lived there and why would I ?

Should the government make everyone who lives in urban areas move house ?, ware a gas mask ?, sell their car ?

If people are that worried about their lungs they can move house if they want can’t they ?…….

You can go through life like an old woman worrying about everything, not eating the nice meal, not having an extra sugar in your tea, putting on overalls and a massive hat when it’s 75 degrees outside and all that malarkey but what a miserable f***ing life…..just crack on, we don’t need the government to wipe our arse or insist they wipe other peoples for these things.

If something feels bad then stop, easy.

I don’t know if you like a sugar in your morning tea but that kills plenty, should I insist the government make a law that you can’t buy 2lb of silver spoon from Tesco with the excuse that you’re too much of a mong to know it’s doing you in and I’m doing you a favour ?……or do I mind my own business and let you enjoy your morning cuppa ? 

The point isn’t do you approve or not approve of smoking, the point is should you be endorsing the government being able to outlaw everyday, normal things on your fellow citizens ?

Like all these things mate, today it’s them…..tomorrow it’s you !

3 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Nah I'm not having that. Stay home unless you want to breathe in others smoke. That's not freedom, that's a dictatorship.

Go to Italy or France and every f****r smokes !…..€4 a box in Italy last time I was there !

Many years ago when I still smoked I was working in Paris and staying in a rather nice Hotel as I always did when I was alone working away.

Anyway, it had a tidy little restaurant on the ground floor and I was having my evening meal one evening, nice waiter, had given me good service all evening…..anyway, on the next table there are 3 Americans all talking loud about their lastest business deal or some nonsense, driving me f***ing mad.

So I finish my last course and the nice waiter says “Can I get you anything else sir” and I say “Yes please, I’ll have a black coffee and an ashtray please” 

The waiter gave me a big grin “Certainly sir” and returns with my coffee and an ashtray, I take out my cigarettes and the yanks look at me in horror ! Lol…..pop one in and the waiter whips out a lighter and lights my fag ! “Thank you” says me and we smile…..the yanks looked like I had took a shite on their table ! Lol 

Our European brothers think these people are as big a load of Fanny’s as we do, smoking is part of the culture in Europe…..it’s only silly Americanised Britain wants to get our knickers in a twist about it ! 

If you don’t want to breath shit air, don’t go out…..period ! Lol …….but f**k it, I’ll eat the frogs legs and the snails and the steak that melts in your mouth and take in all the sights and sounds and smells while doing it smoker or not. 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, WILF said:

Mate I lived nearly my whole life in an area with some of the worst air quality in Britain, now when I go back, if it’s warm I can literally taste the dirt in the air and that’s no joke.

But I never gave it a second thought all the time I lived there and why would I ?

Should the government make everyone who lives in urban areas move house ?, ware a gas mask ?, sell their car ?

If people are that worried about their lungs they can move house if they want can’t they ?…….

You can go through life like an old woman worrying about everything, not eating the nice meal, not having an extra sugar in your tea, putting on overalls and a massive hat when it’s 75 degrees outside and all that malarkey but what a miserable f***ing life…..just crack on, we don’t need the government to wipe our arse or insist they wipe other peoples for these things.

If something feels bad then stop, easy.

I don’t know if you like a sugar in your morning tea but that kills plenty, should I insist the government make a law that you can’t buy 2lb of silver spoon from Tesco with the excuse that you’re too much of a mong to know it’s doing you in and I’m doing you a favour ?……or do I mind my own business and let you enjoy your morning cuppa ? 

The point isn’t do you approve or not approve of smoking, the point is should you be endorsing the government being able to outlaw everyday, normal things on your fellow citizens ?

spot on wild 

if you don’t want to smoke stop it’s that simple 

8 hours ago, WILF said:

“First the came for the smokers;

but I didn’t speak up for them as I don’t smoke.

Then they came for the hunters;

but I didn’t speak up for them as I don’t hunt.

Then they came for the drivers;

but I didn’t speak up as I didn’t own a car.

Finally they came for me;

but it was too late;

there was no one left to speak up for me ! “.

I’ve changed the words, but Neimollers poem is still very relevant……..

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
10 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Exactly that mate dancing round boozer on a Friday night still in boots and hi vis lol

take me back 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Son in law was playing for a ten grand pot recently in a snooker club in Swandlingcoate in Derbyshire and when it looked like he was going to win a cocad up idiot started kicking off even the lad he was playing was embarresed by his home crowd.

• Like 1

Saturday mornings at the local snooker hall,few frames, breakfast in a greasy spoon and out all day on the piss.. score a few round ones...hit a club and bust some moves until the birds was singing❤️

My Mrs is  in this video 🤣

• Like 3