Working whippets

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

back in the good old days, ferrets n whippet, having fun

Flynn , a dog who I was lucky enough to spend 14yrs with , had some memorable times with him , epitomised man’s best friend.

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Mallyfields Vixen;

C90E80C1-6014-4DB9-BE06-918CDD390121.jpeg.589f32e5d35b7b9f4b60389843e4d7b2.jpeg

Probably the best working pedigree whippet I’ve seen, and double Sooty Sam bred .

Cheers.

Now there's a blast from the past I haven't heard out of Mally for years is he still about I don't think he was in good health was he?

As you say that bitch knew how to catch rabbits..

15 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Speed, yeah, the non-ped, but I’d say the ped from coursing stock will have the edge in stamina .

Just my opinion, of course.

Cheers.

Ah that's just me old mate keeps racing whips he always says that about the ped whippets lol , I.bring the subject up so he goes on a rant 🤣

1 minute ago, dodger said:

Now there's a blast from the past I haven't heard out of Mally for years is he still about I don't think he was in good health was he?

As you say that bitch knew how to catch rabbits..

I haven’t seen Mally for years, but we spent a lot of time in each other’s company hunting, shooting, ferreting, lamping, coursing, we had some great times.

I was impressed with Vixen as an all rounder and she threw some good pups.

Cheers.

28 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I haven’t seen Mally for years, but we spent a lot of time in each other’s company hunting, shooting, ferreting, lamping, coursing, we had some great times.

I was impressed with Vixen as an all rounder and she threw some good pups.

Cheers.

I only went out with him a couple of times I met him through a friend he was a character from what I remember..

I always fancied a whippet but stuck with small lurchers for years, was told non ped are faster but peds are better nose, stamina, hunting wise, bit the bullet 2 years ago and having some cracking sport with this little bitch. 

Screenshot_20230723_130554_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230312_113218_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230817_164256_Gallery.jpg

Edited by fred90
  • Like 6
10 hours ago, gnipper said:

He's still around but I don't think he has a whippet anymore unfortunately. 

Paul mallatrat, did me a couple of favours in the past, i often think of him when i log onto here, if you happen to see him, tell him keith was asking about him, from staffordshire,           thanks 

I lost two elderly Sooty Sam bitches at the start of the year.  Together they  could do whatever a big lurcher could do. One in particular could catch in dense woodland, she had a brilliant nose and could hold on.

Me and the Mrs decided we wouldn't get another dog and would travel . But we ended up not travelling and sitting on our arses instead.

We had a discussion about a new running dog. I persuaded her  a laid back deer/ grey would be just the ticket. But she had another 'executive' think and bought a pedigree whippet from racing stock. She who must be obeyed, also decided it can live in the house and take liberties none of our previous dogs did. 

When we got married over 50 years ago, I was the boss man. I bought pups whenever I fancied  and they were kenneled ..F**k all to do with her. Now I'm her obedient  slave picking up her pup's turds and mopping up its pee ffs. Oh how the mighty has fallen.

Oh well the whippet will keep me out of trouble.lol

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

I lost two elderly Sooty Sam bitches at the start of the year.  Together they  could do whatever a big lurcher could do. One in particular could catch in dense woodland, she had a brilliant nose and could hold on.

Me and the Mrs decided we wouldn't get another dog and would travel . But we ended up not travelling and sitting on our arses instead.

We had a discussion about a new running dog. I persuaded her  a laid back deer/ grey would be just the ticket. But she had another 'executive' think and bought a pedigree whippet from racing stock. She who must be obeyed, also decided it can live in the house and take liberties none of our previous dogs did. 

When we got married over 50 years ago, I was the boss man. I bought pups whenever I fancied  and they were kenneled ..F**k all to do with her. Now I'm her obedient  slave picking up her pup's turds and mopping up its pee ffs. Oh how the mighty has fallen.

If you.feel like your being oppressed a good dodge I often employ is take a pic on your phone of you flipping her the bird, behind her back obviously we don't need any o that fire 🔥 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

the right whippet will get you in trouble 😂

Just now, fred90 said:

the right whippet will get you in trouble 😂

Hopefully.

I had a 17tts whippet bitch from racing stock 30 odd years ago. She was the best rabbiting dog I ever had. I remember a day on the moors I had with her when  she killed 13 adult daylight rabbits and countless young uns. 

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 2