How's your summer?

Our summer in SW Scotland has been dire. A sunny June and now 6 weeks of wind and rain. Leaves are falling from trees already. It feels like Autumn. We even had a mist on Wednesday. I had a single swallow's nest in an out building. Five eggs, five chicks, but only three made it. I believe they died because of a lack of insects because of the wintery weather. Usually they have a second or even a third  brood, but they haven't attempted to go down on eggs again.

Peed off. Its blowing a gale at the minute.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only good thing about all this wind and rain imo...is it's kept the rivers topped up,and stopped the algae blooms building up and suffocating the fish🤞 loads of nuts/berries on the trees around here,b

Lil warm 

Our summer in SW Scotland has been dire. A sunny June and now 6 weeks of wind and rain. Leaves are falling from trees already. It feels like Autumn. We even had a mist on Wednesday. I had a single swa

Posted Images

Not been to good here. Blackberries are already out, leaves have been falling off the trees for weeks now. There are only a fraction of the swallows we usually see. We are plagued with green grasshoppers at the minute though and the wasps are entering there mad weeks a lot earlier than usual. Is this the future of our summers to come?. The jet Stream appears to be stuck way down south bringing in cold wet weather from the Atlantic. 

2 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Our summer in SW Scotland has been dire. A sunny June and now 6 weeks of wind and rain. Leaves are falling from trees already. It feels like Autumn. We even had a mist on Wednesday. I had a single swallow's nest in an out building. Five eggs, five chicks, but only three made it. I believe they died because of a lack of insects because of the wintery weather. Usually they have a second or even a third  brood, but they haven't attempted to go down on eggs again.

so much for the looney left and global boiling aye mate lol

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Same here in the Gwent valleys mate, been a shocking non-summer!

• Like 1

It’s been another hot and humid one here in Barcelona. Not as bad as last year but not much better. I’d guess a daily avg around 33/34C, 85% humidity. Still going too, won’t cool down until backend Sept early Oct. In Madrid and the surrounding regions it was hitting 40C+ the other week.