How's your summer?

My kid sent me these yesterday,said the weather is beautiful,I am 2000 miles south/east of him and have been in T-shirt and shorts daily for the last couple of months,I am on the magnum lollies today to cool down.

C492A07B-0F53-44FD-B032-1613BE1D879F.png

6F043E6A-9FCE-418A-B95C-E1A0E965DAE4.jpeg

F1DDC7F1-B259-487F-8268-A850758BE678.jpeg

• Like 2

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only good thing about all this wind and rain imo...is it's kept the rivers topped up,and stopped the algae blooms building up and suffocating the fish🤞 loads of nuts/berries on the trees around here,b

Lil warm 

Our summer in SW Scotland has been dire. A sunny June and now 6 weeks of wind and rain. Leaves are falling from trees already. It feels like Autumn. We even had a mist on Wednesday. I had a single swa

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Which greek islands do you recommend? I've been to the main ones, but I fancy an island less touristy. Is it possible to get an island with a way of life like Greece was years ago?

Try Santorini 👌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Which greek islands do you recommend? I've been to the main ones, but I fancy an island less touristy. Is it possible to get an island with a way of life like Greece was years ago?

Theres plenty of lesser known islands that are more traditional than all the TUI/Jet2 mainstream ones just depends whether you want Med ones or Aegean/Ionian Seas....islands like Symi,Kalymnos,Mykonos,Samos are all nice and traditional yet still reasonably mainstream....then theres islands like Spetses,Ithaca,Psara that are a little bit more select.

I wont go all Judith Chalmers on you but an island ive recommended to lots of people and is a favourite of mine is the Paxoi islands of Paxos and Antipaxos in the Ionian Sea.....for a mix of culture,history,tradition and beauty i think it takes some beating i think at the last count Antipaxos had something like 35 inhabitants !

Edited to add....Santorini i wouldnt agree its too commercial.....most people go there for the picture postcard sunset but you'll find queues and queues of people at the iconic spots taking pictures of it....and the beaches are not all that either.....its nice enough but very busy and plenty of better islands in my opinion.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Its not Greece mate but the Kolocep island i went to last year in Croatia i found to be one of the best holiday's i have ever been on tbh .

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

My Old Mum went to Croatia last yr on holiday..said she will be going back👍

Her normal choice for the last 30 yrs been Turkey,but its no longer that cheap out there..

I would go back to Kolocep island in an heartbeat even though it was expensive in the TUI Blue hotel though since the old woman had her heart attack at Christmas she would not be able to handle the hill's around it as it is hilly even up to the apartment's at the hotel.

9 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I would go back to Kolocep island in an heartbeat even though it was expensive in the TUI Blue hotel though since the old woman had her heart attack at Christmas she would not be able to handle the hill's around it as it is hilly even up to the apartment's at the hotel.

Sorry to hear that mate. I hope she is on the road to recovery.

I've checked  out that hotel and the island. I'm waiting until my Mrs is in a good mood before I suggest it. She doesn't like walking as much as I do, so I'll keep quiet about the hills.

• Like 2