3 minutes ago, BGD said:

My aunt used to keep those Tibetan Terriers and they were cracking wee dogs, great companions always up for a mooch about and they were all fit and healthy and made old bones. Definitely wouldn't discount the toy breeds as a companion, end of the day it's what they've been bred for.

As kids we would take any old cur out tell your aunt you were taking here little sweetie for a walk then spend all day out chasing everything and anything that moved, some of those sausage dogs got some good go in them, I think if I end up with anything after my current crop are gone it will probably be a nice little staff or something similar, but who knows what’s round the corner we are moving into those bonus years ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wife just got me this little article…..a pure prick, just how I like them.

First time in 52 years I have not had a dog around me sat here twiddling my thumbs after been up since 5 am. I need another dog if only for my mental health. It's an emptiness I can't describe when yo

Any dog is “tying”, not just a lurcher or terrier, but so are cage birds, horses, poultry, etc. Now, I’m most definitely NOT having a pop at anyone who thinks having a lurcher is “to tying”, but

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, BGD said:

My aunt used to keep those Tibetan Terriers and they were cracking wee dogs, great companions always up for a mooch about and they were all fit and healthy and made old bones. Definitely wouldn't discount the toy breeds as a companion, end of the day it's what they've been bred for.

Would you have one?

2 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

Spaniel will be ok mate nice mooching dog to take round wentworth or what about a nice staff 

I think it's a decision not to rush into. My old man was in a similar situation 10 months ago after losing my mum and being in a empty house after also not having had a dog for a good few years. He was looking at winding the clock back and getting an Italian Spinone.. we had one 40 year ago. I said think it through..  the impracticalities of big dog.. getting shifted up.. slavering everywhere and shitting massive logs for you to pick up lol!! Well he hung off.. and picked up a nice little Patterdale pup just a few days back. I told him he'll be calling it a Twatterdale in no time. Should keep on his toes!! All the best Tats whatever and whenever you decide what's right mate.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

First time in 52 years I have not had a dog around me sat here twiddling my thumbs after been up since 5 am. I need another dog if only for my mental health. It's an emptiness I can't describe when you're daily routine suddenly stops with a walk out with the dog everyday. 

i would be feeling exactly the same tats,nothing worse than having no dog to take care for, may be a little whippet or small type lurcher,would bethe sort of thing that would be easy to live and cope with ,hope things pick up for you both soon,atb.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

Would you have one?

Aye when the times right I would, always said I'd end up with a little toy type when I was too old and fecked physically for the bull breeds and that time is rapidly approaching :laugh:

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, BGD said:

Aye when the times right I would, always said I'd end up with a little toy type when I was too old and fecked physically for the bull breeds and that time is rapidly approaching :laugh:

How’s you’re bull bred mate?

A stanza (think that's what they're called) from the Kipling poem referred to earlier:

When the body that lived at your single will                                                                                                                                      With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!)                                                                                                                              When the spirit that answered your every mood                                                                                                                                 Is gone - wherever it goes - for good                                                                                                                                                  You will discover how much you care                                                                                                                                                    And will give your heart to a dog to tear

And he also made exceedingly good cakes.                                                                                                                                             

• Like 1

Sadly had to have my staffy pts last october , so currently dont have a dog ,the first time in 40 years and must admit i quite enjoy the freedom it gives although i can see a little lakey or something similar  coming into the house soon 

49 minutes ago, steve66 said:

Sadly had to have my staffy pts last october , so currently dont have a dog ,the first time in 40 years and must admit i quite enjoy the freedom it gives although i can see a little lakey or something similar  coming into the house soon 

That's bad news mate.

Get any dog that you like :thumbs:

....... mine isn't good for much but, she'll follow me any where that I walk and, she'll do as she's told.

I got noisy with some twat in a corner shop when she was walking to my heel a couple of days ago - he didn't like her being in there.

Shit guard/hunting dogs - great watch dogs :thumbs:

IMG_20230521_183658.jpg

• Like 4
20 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

How’s you’re bull bred mate?

Her ped is a bit of a mess really to be honest with you pal :laugh: The sire was a really tight Chinaman dog imported from Holland and the dam was just a scatterbred bitch with a good record really.

Couple of lads who used to be on here had lurchers out of the same sire, my Freak dog...

• Like 1