another big cat sightings 2

7 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Nuthatch.  One of my favourite birds.

And you're correct about most 'supposed' countrymen not having much of a clue, I used to see it quite regularly.

I can spot Great tits from miles away??

• Haha 7

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's great Greyman does his thing and doesn't give a f**k about his critics. Carry on carrying on Greyman.

Id trap it and take the cage to Notton Lane with a note saying " ave that soppy bollocks " ?

Feeders have been there years...get the odd rat but they don't last long,  either the cat or the airgun sorts em out ....I find the cover encourages the birds more 

Posted Images

13 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Coal tits two a penny here mate .They are last of the tits to feed if in a group .Blue tits first ,then great tits ,long tails followed by coal if they are in the same flock .Used to have a nuthatch with them but not yet this year .

On the squirrel feeder I have which is just peanuts where I shoot them ,nuthatches are there nearly every minute .They must store nuts in crevices I reckon as no way can they eat them as quick as they take them .Fiery little feckers won’t tolerate another same time .Great spotted woodpeckers too .

Its sad that some supposed countrymen havnt a clue as to bird names ,not a scooby .I always talk about bird life when out with clients  stalking and some just seem oblivious to them .

You got any space for stalking at the minute. I'd love to stalk a munty buck

• Like 1
11 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

See bullfinches , goldfinches and chaffinches up here. 

Watching curlew and lapwing yesterday whilst out stalking and a barn owl put in an appearance. 

Plenty nuthatch and treecreepers too.

Heard a couple curlew last night Mark .

Bagged a fox that’s been digging under a shed .Hasn’t got in but only matter of time .Barren vixen thankfully .

Heard what I think is a short eared owl but have to research that .Long plaintive call of a bird in flight .Plenty of barn owls about on that perm too .Saw a pair just on dark and 3 quartering together after dark .Too early for fledged chicks so maybe a 3 some going on ?

17 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Bagged a fox that’s been digging under a shed .Hasn’t got in but only matter of time .Barren vixen thankfully .

Heard what I think is a short eared owl but have to research that .Long plaintive call of a bird in flight .Plenty of barn owls about on that perm too .Saw a pair just on dark and 3 quartering together after dark .Too early for fledged chicks so maybe a 3 some going on ?

You seem to have a good eye for wildlife an stuff why dont you bury the hatchet with grey an go for the craic,he knows what you think so why not go for the craic,id say yous would make a good team an possibly might uncover something,something that yous both want to do?

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

You replying to yourself now lol

42 minutes ago, Francie, said:

You seem to have a good eye for wildlife an stuff why dont you bury the hatchet with grey an go for the craic,he knows what you think so why not go for the craic,id say yous would make a good team an possibly might uncover something,something that yous both want to do?

Going to ignore all that’s shit Francie .Everybody and there dog knows how I feel about GM and the whole cat fiasco shite .Either drop it or this will be another thread gone to shite .

Did you not read the other thread ffs or the one previous of 470 odd pages ,lol.

Ill leave the burden of proof to others who think they are far more better positioned than me .

44 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Normally a simple answer mate, but I’d suggest something like this the last living relative of the velociraptor I believe, 

The chicken is the closest relative to the T. rex 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

The chicken is the closest relative to the T. rex 

Bollocks kd lol pure bollocks one is a bird with hollow bones an the other is a giant reptile no way they are related

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Francie, said:

Bollocks kd lol pure bollocks one is a bird with hollow bones an the other is a giant reptile no way they are related

Sadly mate we don’t know quite as much as we portray about prehistoric animals and many were large birds and not large reptiles we have been led to believe 

• paulus locked this topic