At last....

15 minutes ago, Alsone said:

C'mon Decker we're nit picking here. Anyone who can't pass a basic safety test, no doubt without a 100% requirement, I'm guessing it would probably be around 80-85%, in 1 initlal try and then 2 tries after 2 or more further training sessions / revision sessions on video, really doesn't deserve a certificate / or at least deserves a time out pending further applications.

Can I ask a question, and I don’t mean any offence by this, but how long have you held a FAC, I read your posts and they are chock full of advice for people who spend a lot of time out in the field and what the governing bodies should or shouldn’t do, but I’ve never seen anything that shows me what you are out doing, it’s all well and good commenting on others but if you are not out doing it yourself it’s just an empty statement 

• Like 2

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

...the Wulf nails a vixen. Screaming her head of and very much still in season I moved in and she came my way. Just 60yds or so. 17 HMR. Slightly out of focus but I did ok. I

I did the same with a blade of grass , but I put it between the cheeks of my arse , and just waited till I farted, worked quite well , the odd rambler weren’t to impressed tho 

If that is a dig at rifle shooters it is a poor one. In the forty + years that i ran lurchers i killed my fair share of foxes using lip squeaks, polystyrene on a mirror and cassete tape between a

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I’ve never seen anything that shows me what you are out doing, it’s all well and good commenting on others but if you are not out doing it yourself it’s just an empty statement 

Exactly this ? This section is full of those that talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

Only a small handful actually get their boots dirty .

Meant to be a hunting forum but more like Mumsnet ffs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Alsone said:

TBH that sounds more like a bullet issue. Wonder if a solid pointed bullet actually got mixed in with the hollow points by accident? Maybe the machine somehow mounted a ballistic tip into a solid head that had missed have the cavity formed. It would be very unusual for such a small light bullet not to fragment on hitting something as solid as a skull, not to mention remaining intact enough to pass through the brain, ricochet down off the far side of the skull into the jaw and then ricochet again out. The fact the brain wasn't turned to mush suggests something that stayed solid and just skirted the brain rather than passing it through it. That's not an effect I would expect from a HMR which is usually small but highly explosive. 

I'm not saying HMR is the most suitable round out there, but that certainly isn't the most characteristic description of HMR terminal effects which are nothing if not explosive.

It was a pack of 50 Remington ballistic tipped. I have know idea as to why it never fragmented but it didn't, apart from the ricochet it passed right through.

35 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Also one  that shoots a brace of foxes a year and dosnt  know they are dead .Also embarrassing ? 

Feel free to add you own hunting exploits wolf dog .Anything please ,anything .Can’t get enough of it tbh .

Yep ..

Get some different game up ...coyotes , raccoons etc

5 hours ago, Alsone said:

C'mon Decker we're nit picking here. Anyone who can't pass a basic safety test, no doubt without a 100% requirement, I'm guessing it would probably be around 80-85%, in 1 initlal try and then 2 tries after 2 or more further training sessions / revision sessions on video, really doesn't deserve a certificate / or at least deserves a time out pending further applications.

In the Swedish law you have to pass a hunting examina to get a licence for a hunting firearm.

A theoretic exam for smallgame, a practical shotgun test and a rimfire test both theory and practical tests have safety as a part of them. Then you can take the theory and practical test for big game as a add on education. After the exam you are considered to be in need of 4 firearms (typical a 22lr, 12g, 222r 3006 or similar choices ) no fuss with if you have a lease of land or not, life time pemrit unless you do something criminal or dangerous. 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Stavross said:

I’ve sort of come to the conclusion that I’m not going out with other anymore or inviting anyone out with me, I have enough land to not need to rely on others, so I think it’s the way to go ( am I now a grumpy old man)

Stop muscling in on my racket sonny, I am the grumpy old man here.? So I take it I am not going to get an invite now because you chose to go shooting with a proper broth head, typical! ?

• Haha 3
17 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Unfortunately there are guys in the shooting section who dont shoot but like to talk about it and dream ....embarrassing really.

17 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Also one  that shoots a brace of foxes a year and dosnt  know they are dead .Also embarrassing ? 

Feel free to add you own hunting exploits wolf dog .Anything please ,anything .Can’t get enough of it tbh .

Get over yourselves you pair of pri#ks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
8 hours ago, CHEVINFOX said:

Get over yourselves you pair of pri#ks!

You need to chill mate and get back to your photos .It’s f****n banter that’s all .Can’t you see that ffs .The wind up factor in this section is Feckin brill so no wont be getting over nothing but thanks for looking in pal .

Maybe you’ve got a hunting post to share or are you another wannabe dreamer  .