poor Hare

Funny you are mentioning spraying, when i was out with the dogs in the past, i found a good few birds whose eyes were covered in a blue like film they were just sat on the ground unable to fly, Jackdaws and rooks were the main species although i did once find a jay with the same symptom's, I have also recently found a couple of road kill hares down the lanes that had swollen eyes, 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I once watched a hare shoot it sickened me there's no sport in surrounding a field with folk and flags yet you can't give a hare a sporting chance with one dog  but you did that hare a favour tomo fai

Shot a hare yrs ago, it cried like a baby, I swore id never lift a gun to a hare again and never have, much rather see a chase.

Yip some calling it sport, but each to there own

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, fireman said:

I see hundreds of hares every day going to and from work and the amount of spraying going on at the moment this way there'd be lying every where if it was down to spray toxins. 

It’s just a theory put forward mate .I reckon there’s some sort of disease got into them our way.Not affecting loads but I guess a few will succumb to it .Plenty here though .

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

It’s just a theory put forward mate .I reckon there’s some sort of disease got into them our way.Not affecting loads but I guess a few will succumb to it .Plenty here though .

U can allus have to little ,u can never have 2 much 

Battenburg 

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

It's supposed to, but hard to know what to believe. What's the rabbit population like where you are? Haven't seen a rabbit round here in many many years.

Pretty sure I read Wildlife organisations say there's evidence that RHD can infect hares in East Anglia. Current RHD strain which hammered rabbit populations in Thetford forest is a different strain to original

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Luckee legs said:

Pretty sure I read Wildlife organisations say there's evidence that RHD can infect hares in East Anglia. Current RHD strain which hammered rabbit populations in Thetford forest is a different strain to original

Yes, it's a sad state of affairs for many area's. Not only does it mean that there is no sport to be had, with the lack of rabbits, but also, farmers no longer want lads hunting the land, because they no longer have rabbit problems   

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

Yes, it's a sad state of affairs for many area's. Not only does it mean that there is no sport to be had, with the lack of rabbits, but also, farmers no longer want lads hunting the land, because they no longer have rabbit problems   

It's cuntish

• Like 1