New football thread

1 minute ago, eastcoast said:

To any Gateshead/Newcastle fans who may not be aware match live on National League no.1. Toon getting arse licked ?

Gateshead 2-0 up at half time despite Newcastle playing with six full backs !

Divided loyalties; born in Gateshead , lived most of my life in Newcastle !

Cheers.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

Lived in the same street as Beardsley when we were younger. He always was a mile ahead of the rest in skill as a kid. I saw him in a Marie Currie hospice a couple of years ago, he was handing out

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Gateshead 2-0 up at half time despite Newcastle playing with six full backs !

Divided loyalties; born in Gateshead , lived most of my life in Newcastle !

Cheers.

I worked on the East stand when they put the canvas roof on, did electrical installation. The company doing the roof were a right bunch of pricks. I was over the moon when it blew off ? 

• Haha 1
46 minutes ago, lanesra said:

Declan has arrived in North London #thearsenal ????????

I have to be honest and say for me, seeing what this lad can do in a team like that working with a coach like Arteta is the thing that has me most excited about this season !

I really think the lad is something a bit special and has so many more strings to his bow than the type of football Moyes wants to play allowed him to use.

I have seen, not only on this thread but around various fan forum pages that apparently lad like me are now classed in a derogatory way as “the new breed” of fans (whatever the f**k that means ???) because we have to temerity to try and talk honest football talk…….well f**k all that, I’ll follow my football my way and I will follow my little hammers same as always this season but I’m not excited in the slightest, I know what’s coming and it’s going to be shite ! 
Maybe I’ll be proved massively wrong and I hope I am…..but I wouldn’t bet my bollocks on it ! 

Anyway, if it all works out right mate, you have got yourself a real player there who can do everything…..can’t wait to watch him do. 

• Like 1

£110M being reported as price for Rice, over 24 month instalments. Always depressing when your best players are sold but money in the bank for reinvestment on the new, you would like to think? Maybe not the manager WHU fans would like to see spending the money though. Such is football.

Looks like ASM is on his way. The type of player that German born Peter Lovenkrands delightfully referred to as a cowboy before being corrected by his co-commentator as a maverick during last nights friendly with Rangers. He wasn't talking about Maxi but all the same. Not the type that fits into the professional set up that is being created at Newcastle. Hey ho.

A player that lit up the dark many times for us. A shame but life goes on.

for the good times                                                                                                                                               for the good times

Edited by eastcoast
14 hours ago, eastcoast said:

Looks like ASM is on his way. The type of player that German born Peter Lovenkrands delightfully referred to as a cowboy before being corrected by his co-commentator as a maverick during last nights friendly with Rangers. He wasn't talking about Maxi but all the same. Not the type that fits into the professional set up that is being created at Newcastle. Hey ho.

A player that lit up the dark many times for us. A shame but life goes on.

for the good times                                                                                                                                               for the good times

I don’t know all the whys and wherefores about FFP and neither in fact do I give a toss any more about prices of players or how much clubs spend…..Chelsea and PSG have proved how little meaning that can have.

But I think the ASM situation is just a bit of cooking the books to meet FFP rather than a “maverick” player who wants away isn’t it ?

Your owner would in fact still own the player, just at their other club….is that right ? 
So in theory, they could just loan him right back to you……and I hope they do, he is one of the few players who reminds me of Paulo (except faster ! Lol ) and can change a game.

It doesn’t matter how much money the owners of Newcastle have, they still have to work within FFP, and sadly Mile Ashley used the club as an advertising platform for Sports Direct and neglected building up the clubs commercial resources.

Now that new sponsors are coming in things will change as Ashley sold the shirt sponsors and the kit suppliers for a relative pittance compared to most Premier clubs.

It seems like ASM will be sold to provide funds for Harvey, who Howe sees as a better, or more consistent, performer.

Theres no rules to stop the Saudi clubs “loaning” players to Newcastle, but Howe is said to be against it, every supporter I’ve talked to is against it, and I’m sure the Premier League would find some rule, or invent one, to stop it.

The Saudis buying up Saudi clubs is not about giving Newcastle any advantage, it’s about changing the perception of Saudi Arabia, like they are buying up boxing, golf, F1, etc., Newcastle is just one, relatively small, part of the Saudi's sporting portfolio.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

It doesn’t matter how much money the owners of Newcastle have, they still have to work within FFP, and sadly Mile Ashley used the club as an advertising platform for Sports Direct and neglected building up the clubs commercial resources.

Now that new sponsors are coming in things will change as Ashley sold the shirt sponsors and the kit suppliers for a relative pittance compared to most Premier clubs.

It seems like ASM will be sold to provide funds for Harvey, who Howe sees as a better, or more consistent, performer.

Theres no rules to stop the Saudi clubs “loaning” players to Newcastle, but Howe is said to be against it, every supporter I’ve talked to is against it, and I’m sure the Premier League would find some rule, or invent one, to stop it.

The Saudis buying up Saudi clubs is not about giving Newcastle any advantage, it’s about changing the perception of Saudi Arabia, like they are buying up boxing, golf, F1, etc., Newcastle is just one, relatively small, part of the Saudi's sporting portfolio.

Cheers.

I have to say mate, I have had a bit of an epiphany about “clubs buying success” and stopped being hung up about it as so many fans are.

I have come to the conclusion it breeds a “we can never succeed” mindset which has and has never had any place in football. 
I think the last few years with the massive improvement in coaching we have seen that it’s just not the case and the things that always mattered in football still matter.

So, I am going to stop taking notice of the money and how much players cost and all that nonsense and instead think about how teams are setting themselves up to play, how are they approaching the game, what’s the attitude, are they brave, are they trying to play football, can we see a style and a method and well prepared players in good shape making good decisions…….much more fun as a viewer than sat there thinking “Well, their chequebook is bigger than our chequebook so we are f****d anyway !” 

Man City fans still make me sick in my mouth but the fact is, Man City the team have set a standard and, just like it’s always been, teams can either say “ok, we will have some of that, come on then !” Or they can say “May as well go home” 

Bottle and ambition to go beyond……just like it’s always been. 

• Like 2

I see that Lynsey Hipgrave is the person fronting TNT Sports. Sick and tired of women's voices and opinions being given every time I put the tele on (Alex Scott being a prime example, such a breath of fresh air at 1st but now a self opinionated untouchable voice of the BBC, and her voice becomes increasingly irritating unless you happened to grow up on the street, sorry shtreet, that she grew up on).

But I welcome Lynsey. Served her time. Learned her trade. Knows when to talk and when to listen. Like TV presenters used to do. Still speaks with her local accent but toned down slightly, as you would, if you're on TV. And what a beautiful sounding accent it is... not sure where she is from, somewhere near Sunderland I think.

1 hour ago, eastcoast said:

I also see that that the LGBTQ community are deeply upset that staunch LGBTQ supporter Jordan Henderson is off to play in Saudi Arabia... what a c##t! ? ? ? 

I reckon the Ls are more upset than the Gs or the Bs but maybe not as furious as the Ts and nowhere near as outraged as the Qs .

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 08/06/2023 at 10:30, WILF said:

Let’s start with this, I’m absolutely over the moon…..getting to watch that with my boy is something I’d never thought I’d do.

Now, let’s put away the fans head and be brutally honest:

We were f***ing terrible against a proper team, just like we have been f***ing terrible against proper teams all season.

We sat in that poxy low block and  they kicked the shit out of us, when Zouma went off we were all over the place.

Thats the coach does that !…..and the clue is in the fact that it’s the first thing the bloke has ever won, ever !!!……and he was in charge of the biggest club in the world directly post Fergie and he even managed to make them worse !

Lets be under no illusion of grandeur here, we tripped over that cup playing a series of rubbish teams that we were equally as bad against sometimes despite what the score line might suggest.

It took a moment of quality from a lad who has grafted his way up the leagues to bring that home and that lad deserves every bit of credit, he f***ing earned it ! 

So, it was a special moment to enjoy with my lad but I’m not falling off my bike, Moyes is the eternal nothing man and we will be the eternal nothing club if he stays when in reality the whole point of the move was to break that cycle.

Football should be about progression and we have seen so many clubs like mine (Brentford, Brighton) progress under coaches that want to go and play a bit of football properly, even Newcastle haven’t bought their league position……no, they got a young modern coach who wants to do things right and it has paid them back.

I fear this cup means we won’t be doing the same any time soon ! 

Bitter sweet, very very bitter sweet ! 

Hhmmmm……..

• Haha 1