New football thread

6 minutes ago, chesney said:

Who would ya like to see in there wilf instead of moyes not much incomings so far Dennis Zakaria i think has signed

I have been saying for a few years now that I’d like to see us think right outside the box……personally I’d love to see a coach like Klopps No.2 Pep Linjers or something along those lines.

Germany, Holland, Spain are alive with young coaches who know how to do things right and want to play proper football…..it’s a benefit of investing in their coaching pathways and we are seeing the payback in that in the premier league. 
We have all been marvelling at it for the last 5 years ! 
So, for me, it’s not so much the “who” are you getting but the “what” are you getting that matters more. 

But, given how my club seems to think I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ron Atkinson resurrected ! Lol 

• Haha 1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

Lived in the same street as Beardsley when we were younger. He always was a mile ahead of the rest in skill as a kid. I saw him in a Marie Currie hospice a couple of years ago, he was handing out

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, WILF said:

I have been saying for a few years now that I’d like to see us think right outside the box……personally I’d love to see a coach like Klopps No.2 Pep Linjers or something along those lines.

Germany, Holland, Spain are alive with young coaches who know how to do things right and want to play proper football…..it’s a benefit of investing in their coaching pathways and we are seeing the payback in that in the premier league. 
We have all been marvelling at it for the last 5 years ! 
So, for me, it’s not so much the “who” are you getting but the “what” are you getting that matters more. 

But, given how my club seems to think I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ron Atkinson resurrected ! Lol 

All comes down to investing in the right players to and not paying over the odds money is gone crazy £50-70mil on players before they even pay there salary absolute bonkers its gone

1 hour ago, chesney said:

All comes down to investing in the right players to and not paying over the odds money is gone crazy £50-70mil on players before they even pay there salary absolute bonkers its gone

With the Saudis paying £700k a week for blokes like Henderson, its all going one way... who wouldn't treble their wages if they could!!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, chesney said:

I think @NEWKID hit the nail on the head when he said any players we buy will be Moyse players……in fact I thought I heard Mourane Fellaini packing his suitcase ?

But I think that new lad we have just bought in from Leverkusen knows that will be a shit brand of football type player and it’s definitely not how you are going to be able to compete in that league, so consequently, f**k all is happening ! 

As I said before mate, I think we can ignore the prices, we have to…..prices will be whatever they are, it’s the style and the ethic of play that will still count. 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, WILF said:

I think @NEWKID hit the nail on the head when he said any players we buy will be Moyse players……in fact I thought I heard Mourane Fellaini packing his suitcase ?

But I think that new lad we have just bought in from Leverkusen knows that will be a shit brand of football type player and it’s definitely not how you are going to be able to compete in that league, so consequently, f**k all is happening ! 

As I said before mate, I think we can ignore the prices, we have to…..prices will be whatever they are, it’s the style and the ethic of play that will still count. 

Didn't see it but heard Rice played well for Arsenal yesterday, decent side/squad Arteta has put together there... 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Didn't see it but heard Rice played well for Arsenal yesterday, decent side/squad Arteta has put together there... 

And, surprise, surprise!!…..played him further forward mate, left side of a mid field 3. 
Now, I’m not one to say I told you so….but…….

Lol ? 

2 hours ago, WILF said:

And, surprise, surprise!!…..played him further forward mate, left side of a mid field 3. 
Now, I’m not one to say I told you so….but…….

Lol ? 

I think we talked about it before mate, there's a lot more to his game and I think he'll flourish in an attacking side... West Ham have over 100m to spend off him alone, they are making offers for Ward Prowse, who wouldn't be a bad signing to be fair... they need a striker as well imo, Antonio is not the man anymore ....

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I think we talked about it before mate, there's a lot more to his game and I think he'll flourish in an attacking side... West Ham have over 100m to spend off him alone, they are making offers for Ward Prowse, who wouldn't be a bad signing to be fair... they need a striker as well imo, Antonio is not the man anymore ....

Ward Prowse is about 29 isn’t he mate ?……I think it’s a load of bollocks anyway, we offered like 25 million or something ! Lol

They will never take 25 million, but even if they did, not exactly world changing is it?…..a 29 year old No.10 who played in a side that got smashed to pieces every week last season ? Yeah, f**k me, cant wait ! Lol lol 

We just add Harry McGuire and bring David James out of retirement, replace bubbles with the theme from Benny Hill and the jobs a good un! Lol 

I think you are being pretty upbeat and fair play to you, because it’s a total f***ing mess !

Lad just binned us off to go and play at Ajax in the Eredivis !!…..what does that tell you ? 

Im not angry or pissed off about it, to be fair it’s probably the best entertainment Moyes will serve up this season.

As the man said, if you don’t laugh…..you’d f***ing cry ! Lol

Just to add:

Re: Antonio, fair play to the man, I think he has behaved like a real professional these last couple of seasons……I don’t need to tell you how f***ing soul destroying it is playing the way Moyes makes him play, lad who have played know that will break your soul ! 
And at 33 ? Or whatever he is ?…..Jesus Christ, who in their right mind would or could expect him to keep doing that.

If he moved I wouldn’t begrudge him. 

Edited by WILF
15 minutes ago, WILF said:

Ward Prowse is about 29 isn’t he mate ?……I think it’s a load of bollocks anyway, we offered like 25 million or something ! Lol

They will never take 25 million, but even if they did, not exactly world changing is it?…..a 29 year old No.10 who played in a side that got smashed to pieces every week last season ? Yeah, f**k me, cant wait ! Lol lol 

We just add Harry McGuire and bring David James out of retirement, replace bubbles with the theme from Benny Hill and the jobs a good un! Lol 

I think you are being pretty upbeat and fair play to you, because it’s a total f***ing mess !

Lad just binned us off to go and play at Ajax in the Eredivis !!…..what does that tell you ? 

Im not angry or pissed off about it, to be fair it’s probably the best entertainment Moyes will serve up this season.

As the man said, if you don’t laugh…..you’d f***ing cry ! Lol

Just to add:

Re: Antonio, fair play to the man, I think he has behaved like a real professional these last couple of seasons……I don’t need to tell you how f***ing soul destroying it is playing the way Moyes makes him play, lad who have played know that will break your soul ! 
And at 33 ? Or whatever he is ?…..Jesus Christ, who in their right mind would or could expect him to keep doing that.

If he moved I wouldn’t begrudge him. 

Yeah they've made stupid offers for Ward Prowse, I think hes a tidy player mate and not your typical Moyes player either..you couldn't have him doing the type of work he had Rice doing thats for sure...  not sure of his age but scored goals from midfield in a shit side for a few seasons... not a bad signing imo if it comes off...

Regards Maguire, was yapping to my cousin earlier who's a spurs fan (I don't know why I talk to him about football, supporting spurs is enough to tell you he knows f**k all!! Lol)... anyhow...we were yapping about maguire, I think the next club he goes to will see the best of him, he's shot at UTD, it hasn’t worked and he's became a laughing stock...but he aint that bad, I hope for his sake he gets a move and re finds a bit of form/confidence..

Antonio has ran himself into the ground for you lot the last few seasons, I bet he's still f***ing knackered now! Lol 

I think that lad at Forest, Johnson, would be a good signing, young, looks sharp and scores a few... 

• Like 1
On 04/08/2023 at 00:14, NEWKID said:

Yeah they've made stupid offers for Ward Prowse, I think hes a tidy player mate and not your typical Moyes player either..you couldn't have him doing the type of work he had Rice doing thats for sure...  not sure of his age but scored goals from midfield in a shit side for a few seasons... not a bad signing imo if it comes off...

Regards Maguire, was yapping to my cousin earlier who's a spurs fan (I don't know why I talk to him about football, supporting spurs is enough to tell you he knows f**k all!! Lol)... anyhow...we were yapping about maguire, I think the next club he goes to will see the best of him, he's shot at UTD, it hasn’t worked and he's became a laughing stock...but he aint that bad, I hope for his sake he gets a move and re finds a bit of form/confidence..

Antonio has ran himself into the ground for you lot the last few seasons, I bet he's still f***ing knackered now! Lol 

I think that lad at Forest, Johnson, would be a good signing, young, looks sharp and scores a few... 

I watched the pre season game against Leverkusen yesterday !……Jesus Christ ! Lol 

Fair play to David Moyes…..he can really improve a team…..yesterday was proof because he made Bayer Leverkusen look like Real Madrid ! Lol 

It was our full, strongest line up out there and Leverkusen just picked us apart at will…..they played through us, round us, over us.

They just wouldn’t let us have the ball, they played in our half (obviously !) as we sat in that constantly dropping block…..it was so easy for them it was ridiculous.

We made Xhaka look like the love child of Paul Scholes & Andrea Pirlo ! Lol 

It was so bad that it was great to watch, all you can do is shake your head and think “This is going to be comedy gold !” Lol 

3-0 before half time and it could have been 5, 4-0 by 69 minutes !

I counted us have 2 maybe 3 shots on goal including Sucek hitting the bar with a header. 
They just tore us to pieces and didn’t even break sweat mate…..it was amazing ! Lol 😂 

JWP won’t cure that !……Mbappe would not cure that what I seen yesterday, it’s deeper mate.

But hey, what the f**k so I know, I’m only a “new breed” of fan ! Lol 😂 

Edited by WILF

Just watched city arsenal theses new rules about kicking the ball away pretending to wave a card in the air and hassle the ref or any gamesmanship fetch a yellow hopefully stop the likes of Bruno and klopp ect playing up 

4 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Just watched city arsenal theses new rules about kicking the ball away pretending to wave a card in the air and hassle the ref or any gamesmanship fetch a yellow hopefully stop the likes of Bruno and klopp ect playing up 

I just watched that mate, I needed to watch some class stuff after the clown shoes turnout my little Hammers served up yesterday ! Lol 

Rice is going to thrive in that team, already you can see he has license to get forward and put all his tools to work…….him and that Partie look like they have the makings of a proper partnership.

1 game, 1 trophy ! Good for him.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

I just watched that mate, I needed to watch some class stuff after the clown shoes turnout my little Hammers served up yesterday ! Lol 

Rice is going to thrive in that team, already you can see he has license to get forward and put all his tools to work…….him and that Partie look like they have the makings of a proper partnership.

1 game, 1 trophy ! Good for him.

I don't know what's going on with West ham they sell rice for a record fee   win a European cup but can't or won't pay a asking price for a player and if I'm not mistaken haven t made a signing yet and moyses and the technical director are at logger heads over signing on who wants what player 

15 hours ago, Blackmag said:

I don't know what's going on with West ham they sell rice for a record fee   win a European cup but can't or won't pay a asking price for a player and if I'm not mistaken haven t made a signing yet and moyses and the technical director are at logger heads over signing on who wants what player 

Jmho mate, but I think it’s more complicated than “won’t pay the asking prices”…….we spend 180 million last season or whatever it was, so it’s not that.

No, this is always where we were going to end up with Moyes…..I just genuinely think it’s a combination of players don’t want to play that shite type of football and now that new bloke has come in, he knows it’s shite as well and won’t back buying players who suit that type of football.

Moyes “did well” at Everton because he was allowed to be mediocre in a team and a club where that was the ethic.

Every other team he has made worse, he didn’t make Everton better, he just didn’t make them worse but every other team got worse……our form chart will tell anyone who cares to look we got worse under his tenure.

As I said before, that cup was imho a massive poison chalice when you look at the bigger picture, it was sugar coating a dog turd and calling it the best cake in the world ! 

Personally, I’d have rather gone down and seen us try something different with a proper coach, playing proper football and doing all the massive talent and great tradition of playing the game properly that area has to offer justice ! 
I know that area, I played all over for years and even at my shitty little standard everyone knows that is not how you play properly.

That club is the figure head of all that football pedigree in that area and what Moyes is doing betrays it all.