New football thread

I asked this fella his thoughts on Harry Kane making the switch to Germany. Apparently he knows him and has been telling him for years that he should move overseas and prove to the world that he can score goals outside of the Premier League.

IMG_4352.jpg

• Haha 1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

Lived in the same street as Beardsley when we were younger. He always was a mile ahead of the rest in skill as a kid. I saw him in a Marie Currie hospice a couple of years ago, he was handing out

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

On 06/08/2023 at 19:55, Blackmag said:

I don't know what's going on with West ham they sell rice for a record fee   win a European cup but can't or won't pay a asking price for a player and if I'm not mistaken haven t made a signing yet and moyses and the technical director are at logger heads over signing on who wants what player 

Moyse wants players with premier league experience and the club want to bring in unknown prospects from around the world.....i make Moyse right and the club have to either back him or f**k him off.

• Like 1
On 03/08/2023 at 23:46, WILF said:

Just to add:

Re: Antonio, fair play to the man, I think he has behaved like a real professional these last couple of seasons……I don’t need to tell you how f***ing soul destroying it is playing the way Moyes makes him play, lad who have played know that will break your soul ! 
And at 33 ? Or whatever he is ?…..Jesus Christ, who in their right mind would or could expect him to keep doing that.

If he moved I wouldn’t begrudge him. 

Yeah f**k Moyse maybe Pep will put him in a creative ball playing midfield role to link up with Debruyne and suchlike,they're obviously on the same wavelength as players.....i mean fancy sticking a physical brute like Antonio up top all on his tod.

On 16/06/2023 at 21:40, mC HULL said:

i can’t stand watching it now chart the commentary punditry is f***ing shocking like listening to women if it ain’t that it’s left wing dribble 

Totally agree the sport has been hijacked by politics.....any game i watch on telly nowadays i have to watch on mute.

• Like 1
On 12/06/2023 at 00:04, WILF said:

What can I say mate, I’m the bloke who don’t join in the pissed up conga at partys because, despite everyone having fun, I know I’m just making a tit of myself……don’t mean I didn’t like the party, I just leave out the silly bits.

The best bit is, I didn’t stop anyone else enjoying themselves and I don’t care that they did.

Well thats all very mature of you squire i bet you're a real bundle of fun on a night out !

Or is it only Man City fans who can act silly celebrating their victories because they play football " the right way " ?

Maybe it typifies lads who dont support their local club and have just become tv fans of their " favourite " club but Wilf you are just completely out of touch with regular fans and the feeling around the club,this is the most united and together ive ever seen West Ham fans......the " little club " we always liked to present ourselves as just pulled up 40k fans for a game on the other side of Europe and went and won it in style,when did that ever happen in our lifetimes ?......all this " lets build something the right way " attitude wasnt what you's all wanted a few years ago when it was " quick lets all get into this big new stadium and immediately become a big club "

I say again,the " West Ham are massive " song is aimed at lads like you.....we never wanted all this you did.....and now you've got it you want something different again 😂

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Well thats all very mature of you squire i bet you're a real bundle of fun on a night out !

Or is it only Man City fans who can act silly celebrating their victories because they play football " the right way " ?

Maybe it typifies lads who dont support their local club and have just become tv fans of their " favourite " club but Wilf you are just completely out of touch with regular fans and the feeling around the club,this is the most united and together ive ever seen West Ham fans......the " little club " we always liked to present ourselves as just pulled up 40k fans for a game on the other side of Europe and went and won it in style,when did that ever happen in our lifetimes ?......all this " lets build something the right way " attitude wasnt what you's all wanted a few years ago when it was " quick lets all get into this big new stadium and immediately become a big club "

I say again,the " West Ham are massive " song is aimed at lads like you.....we never wanted all this you did.....and now you've got it you want something different again 😂

I like yours and Wilfs yaps on West Ham, its good to see it from both sides of a supporter...so to speak...

I do get Wilfs points about a style of play, when you look at Brighton, Brentford, Fulham etc these are clubs that in my opinion aren't as "big" as West Ham... but I think  play a better style... West Ham have just sold the best player you've produced in years for over £100m and they are struggling to make signings.. they have the monet to spend, are playing European football, big stadium...they are an attractive offering to most players surely?

I dont agree with Wilf regards the cup run and winning the final last year, that's not a poison chalice imo...thats memories as fans you'll never forget...to kick on from there and compete again in a cup run, qualifying for Europe etc is surely the target, not sure enough has been done yet to do it...

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1

Newcastles last meaningful trophy was the Fairs Cup back in ‘69. 
I’d personally put winning the FA Cup above winning that or the modern equivalent, Europa Cup or Europa Conference League. I’d even put winning the League Cup above winning the Europa Conference League, but that’s just my opinion.

One thing for sure, no matter who owns Newcastle or how much money is spent, FFP notwithstanding , if we are lucky enough to win ANY trophy, no one will be complaining !!!

Cheers.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

With the greatest of respect mate, and I genuinely mean that…..but one thing has got f**k all to do with the other !

Winning a trophy playing, if we are honest, mostly shit teams whilst playing equally as shit football may be a cause for celebration but it don’t make our football any good.

Celebrate by all means but let’s not call a ham Sandwhich a steak dinner a ? 

I may be out of touch with “real fans” but I know what a game of football looks like.

Some lads just watch for the entertainment and that’s fine, I don’t begrudge them that….most of them wouldn’t know a low block from an attacking overload and again that’s fine.

If you are going all Max on me and insisting this is the best ever and it don’t get better than this then there’s just no taking to you mate.

What did you think of the Leverkusen game ?

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Newcastles last meaningful trophy was the Fairs Cup back in ‘69. 
I’d personally put winning the FA Cup above winning that or the modern equivalent, Europa Cup or Europa Conference League. I’d even put winning the League Cup above winning the Europa Conference League, but that’s just my opinion.

One thing for sure, no matter who owns Newcastle or how much money is spent, FFP notwithstanding , if we are lucky enough to win ANY trophy, no one will be complaining !!!

Cheers.

Not once have I complained about winning a trophy, I complained about the ongoing shit state of our football under Moyes.

I know you didn’t suggest I did but I’m just making that clear to everyone.

Football reality ! 

16 minutes ago, WILF said:

Not once have I complained about winning a trophy, I complained about the ongoing shit state of our football under Moyes.

I know you didn’t suggest I did but I’m just making that clear to everyone.

Football reality ! 

And I was just saying a team and their supporters that’s been starved of success for generations would be ecstatic at winning a trophy, any trophy 👍

Cheets.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

And I was just saying a team and their supporters that’s been starved of success for generations would be ecstatic at winning a trophy, any trophy 👍

Cheets.

Of course they are, but again, I don’t see what that has to do with the state of play and what how they play and what gets rewarded means for the club going forward.

Last season I thought we played really well against some really good teams in Europe loosing out at the death but in a way that I’m sure had anyone who knows what they are looking at saying “yeah, fair enough, bad luck boys”

This season we played f***ing terrible against terrible teams and won the final (and lost 20 league games in the process)

We lost the player of a generation and are back to signing 30 year olds who can’t get a look in elsewhere.

We lost an Italian international striker, we may loose Paqueta.

So can anyone tell me, is that a team and a club improving or getting worse ?………does that stink of a team going in the right direction to anyone ? 

I guess after tomorrow and in the coming months we will all know the true story and wether this “armchair fan” was talking out of his arse. 

6 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Yeah f**k Moyse maybe Pep will put him in a creative ball playing midfield role to link up with Debruyne and suchlike,they're obviously on the same wavelength as players.....i mean fancy sticking a physical brute like Antonio up top all on his tod.

Have you ever played lone striker in a low block team mate ?……

48 minutes ago, WILF said:

Of course they are, but again, I don’t see what that has to do with the state of play and what how they play and what gets rewarded means for the club going forward.

Last season I thought we played really well against some really good teams in Europe loosing out at the death but in a way that I’m sure had anyone who knows what they are looking at saying “yeah, fair enough, bad luck boys”

This season we played f***ing terrible against terrible teams and won the final (and lost 20 league games in the process)

We lost the player of a generation and are back to signing 30 year olds who can’t get a look in elsewhere.

So can anyone tell me, is that a team and a club improving or getting worse ?………does that stink of a team going in the right direction to anyone ? 

I guess after tomorrow and in the coming months we will all know the true story and wether this “armchair fan” was talking out of his arse. 

Cmon mate, you've got Maguire now!! Lol

• Haha 1
51 minutes ago, WILF said:

I actually think Maguire is good business, he's lost at UTD and he's no where near that bad...real threat from set pieces as well, and to be fair that's a big part of West Hams game...food fit for them I reckon.. 

Samacca, I think that was his name, never seemed to fit for some reason, doesn't look a bad player...but like you say playing 1 up front abd sitting on your own box is fuckung hard work, not many would do it!!

50 minutes ago, WILF said:

Wilf, now just by reading your posts it’s obvious you know more about the intricacies of football than I do, but have you never considered that Moyes may have just had his team playing a type of football, however much of an anathema it may be to you and other supporters, that could win them a trophy, which they did, and a European Trophy at that ! 
The end justifying the means ?

Cheers.

• Like 1