New football thread

Amazing for West Ham and West Ham fans, a night to remember!!

Get Wilfs points about Moyes, he isn't a modern style manager and when you look at what Brighton, Brentford etc are doing there is so much to be admired about that style of play, its brave to keep playing the ball around no matter the opposition... moyes in the main has been good for West Ham, giving the fans European football and now a Cup to celebrate, last year without the Cup would've been a disaster though it kind of papers over the cracks...

The situation now is West Ham are selling their best player and bringing in at least £100m.. if Moyes stays he will be rebuilding the side with a big chunk of money, the players he brings in will be for his style of football, the board have to realise that as to change manager after a big spend is disastrous (look at Chelsea, UTD over the past 10 years etc)...

Still for the fans what a night, chuffed for them, I bet Gnash is still doing the conga around the streets somewhere!! Lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

Lived in the same street as Beardsley when we were younger. He always was a mile ahead of the rest in skill as a kid. I saw him in a Marie Currie hospice a couple of years ago, he was handing out

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Amazing for West Ham and West Ham fans, a night to remember!!

Get Wilfs points about Moyes, he isn't a modern style manager and when you look at what Brighton, Brentford etc are doing there is so much to be admired about that style of play, its brave to keep playing the ball around no matter the opposition... moyes in the main has been good for West Ham, giving the fans European football and now a Cup to celebrate, last year without the Cup would've been a disaster though it kind of papers over the cracks...

The situation now is West Ham are selling their best player and bringing in at least £100m.. if Moyes stays he will be rebuilding the side with a big chunk of money, the players he brings in will be for his style of football, the board have to realise that as to change manager after a big spend is disastrous (look at Chelsea, UTD over the past 10 years etc)...

Still for the fans what a night, chuffed for them, I bet Gnash is still doing the conga around the streets somewhere!! Lol

Bingo !!

Cant wait for the arrival of Seamus Coleman who will more than make up for losing a lad who could be the English Pirlo ! 

At least someone f***ing gets it ! Lol ? 

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, WILF said:

Bingo !!

Cant wait for the arrival of Seamus Coleman who will more than make up for losing a lad who could be the English Pirlo ! 

At least someone f***ing gets it ! Lol ? 

Hello mate, hope your keeping well...

English Pirlo!! Jeez...hes good...but Pirlo!! I hope so mate, I really do....especially if he comes over to Ten Hags new dream! Lol

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Hello mate, hope your keeping well...

English Pirlo!! Jeez...hes good...but Pirlo!! I hope so mate, I really do....especially if he comes over to Ten Hags new dream! Lol

Hello pal,

Im not stopping just thought I’d have a quick gas about football with some football lads seeing as there was something to talk about.

I covered my arse with “could be….” on the Pirlo comment ! Lol 

But the lad definitely has so much more in his locker than just fighting fires all over the pitch in a Moyes low block.

You get glimpses, his stride is enormous and he can accelerate but it don’t actually look like he is trying that hard, he is strong….it’s very rare he gets knocked off the ball and he is powerful going forward with the ball at his feet, similar to Viera in his arsenal years really.

He can play simple, he can drop a 60 yd pass on peoples feet, he is good with the ball at his feet in tight spaces, never panics. 

Lads a baller mate.

Cant wait to see him under a young, modern, forward thinking coach who says to him “go on son, use it all, play!” and helps him develop.

If Ten Haag (who I happen to think has done a brilliant job and will continue to do so) is that man then more power to his elbow.

My regret is that we ain’t that club despite having everything in place to be it and having been sold a move on the back of it.

I think your phrase of “papering over the cracks” sums it up perfect.

I still think City will come in for him after tomorrow, win or lose, and that really would be something to see if Guardiola got hold of that lad for a year.

My earlier Chelsea comment was to highlight that the excuse of “we are only a little club with no money” don’t really hold water after this season…..Chelsea proves that the things that always mattered in football still matter….., guts, knowledge, a front foot style, playing proper football, a mentality and an ethic….. money don’t have to have f**k all to do with it.

600 million and an utter f***ing shambles !

Jesus, we spent 200 million ourselves to struggle against Maltese dustmen despite scoring 3 or 4 goals.

Even Newcastle didn’t open the coffers, that let Howe do it right and fair play to them….look at their season because of it. 

Anyway, hope you are ok, I always ask after you to our mutual pal ?

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, WILF said:

Is it not possible to be over joyed and still talk honestly about football then ?……..can’t we do both anymore ? 

Of course we can and I agree with your comments. A crass statement made by myself after a few too many glasses of red last night.

Edited by eastcoast
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, BEARINATOR said:

No mate you have to keep the blinkers on, I am happy West Ham won the cup but know the fans will expect more last year. You only have to hear the locals here expecting the toon to win everything next season not realising they still need to do loads. I bet the toon bring in more foreign players than English ones then we  expect the national team to do miracles at competitions 

I don't know what the ratio is but isn't there a cap on how many foreign players you can have your squad? Some of them also need to be home grown. That's beauty of S Longstaff, at last looking genuine PL quality but an academy product. Rumour is Dummett may be getting a new contract also to tick that box. Whoever we sign on the evidence so far I trust Howe to bring the right players in for the right reasons no matter their nationality.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, WILF said:

Hello pal,

Im not stopping just thought I’d have a quick gas about football with some football lads seeing as there was something to talk about.

But the lad definitely has so much more in his locker than just fighting fires all over the pitch in a Moyes low block.

You get glimpses, his stride is enormous and he can accelerate but it don’t actually look like he is trying that hard, he is strong….it’s very rare he gets knocked off the ball and he is powerful going forward with the ball at his feet, similar to Viera in his arsenal years really.

He can play simple, he can drop a 60 yd pass on peoples feet, he is good with the ball at his feet in tight spaces, never panics. 

Lads a baller mate.

Cant wait to see him under a young, modern, forward thinking coach who says to him “go on son, use it all, play!” and helps him develop.

If Ten Haag (who I happen to think has done a brilliant job and will continue to do so) is that man then more power to his elbow.

My regret is that we ain’t that club despite having everything in place to be it and having been sold a move on the back of it.

I still think City will come in for him after tomorrow, win or lose, and that really would be something to see if Guardiola got hold of that lad for a year.

My earlier Chelsea comment was to highlight that the excuse of “we are only a little club with no money” don’t really hold water after this season…..Chelsea proves that the things that always mattered in football still matter….., guts, knowledge, a front foot style, playing proper football, a mentality and an ethic….. money don’t have to have f**k all to do with it.

Jesus, we spent 200 million ourselves to struggle against Maltese dustmen despite scoring 3 or 4 goals.

Even Newcastle didn’t open the coffers, that let Howe do it right and fair play to them….look at their season because of it. 

Welcome back buddy maybe now would be a perfect time to part ways with moyses and bring in that new manager moyse is a safe pair of hands and maybe that's what was needed at the time   I noticed you mention the move didn't you and a others say it was progression that was needed  were the traditionalist didn't want it now you have won a European cup surely that's progression and it's now down to the owners to act on it I agree I think rice will just get better else were than stifled under moyse like he is now  if you ever had a chance to kick on surely now is it especially regarding transfers as  everything in place fan base stadium ect so it will be interesting what happens this summer with you 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Blackmag said:

Welcome back buddy maybe now would be a perfect time to part ways with moyses and bring in that new manager moyse is a safe pair of hands and maybe that's what was needed at the time   I noticed you mention the move didn't you and a others say it was progression that was needed  were the traditionalist didn't want it now you have won a European cup surely that's progression and it's now down to the owners to act on it I agree I think rice will just get better else were than stifled under moyse like he is now  if you ever had a chance to kick on surely now is it especially regarding transfers as  everything in place fan base stadium ect so it will be interesting what happens this summer with you 

Everyone sees football different mate, but to me progression is when you can see there is a plan, a mentality, a style….there’s a belief and a logic about it and you can see the football improve as you go.

Jmho, but get those things right and the other stuff happens on its own.

We are already seeing the likes of Real Madrid looking to develop talent within a club style of play because they are looking for young players instead of buying big stars…..they have been forced into it but it seems to be paying off with the likes of Vinicius Jnr and that young French player who’s name escapes me.

They have changed plan…..and to people like me, it’s a good plan.

For my little club, I’d like to see us think right outside the box……someone like Klopps number 2, Pep Lindjers, would get me excited for a new head coach/manager call it what you will. 

We were always a bit adverse to being likened to the “big clubs” with their rich owners but imho just making up the numbers and doing enough to pick up the cheque every season makes us absolutely no different and just as soul less as them……we are in an area with so much footballing talent, we should use it.

We used to be the academy of football ……let’s live up to that I reckon.

12 hours ago, WILF said:

Hello pal,

Lads a baller mate.

All good here thanks mate, likewise we have a yap fairly regular and I ask how your doing..

Regards Rice, I see him very much as a Gerrard type, great engine, quick over the ground and can do everything you want from a central midfield player, pass long and short, press  tackle, head... hes one of the few that could've held his own back in the days of Keane, Veira, Gerrard etc.. when you needed grit as well as style...I like him a lot, and I think he'd thrive at any of the clubs mentioned tbh..

Chelsea have made a right twat of it, its comical to let a manager spend 600m then sack him a few months later... f**k me imagine running a business like that! And these clowns are meant to be astute business people... id say West Ham are more savvy and grounded than that, but to compete regulary in the prem now you have to play that high press, brave style of football... Brighton v City when they left haaland 1 on 1 and pressed everywhere was brilliant.. I love what that di verbi is doing there... Potter must be gutted! Lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

All good here thanks mate, likewise we have a yap fairly regular and I ask how your doing..

Regards Rice, I see him very much as a Gerrard type, great engine, quick over the ground and can do everything you want from a central midfield player, pass long and short, press  tackle, head... hes one of the few that could've held his own back in the days of Keane, Veira, Gerrard etc.. when you needed grit as well as style...I like him a lot, and I think he'd thrive at any of the clubs mentioned tbh..

Chelsea have made a right twat of it, its comical to let a manager spend 600m then sack him a few months later... f**k me imagine running a business like that! And these clowns are meant to be astute business people... id say West Ham are more savvy and grounded than that, but to compete regulary in the prem now you have to play that high press, brave style of football... Brighton v City when they left haaland 1 on 1 and pressed everywhere was brilliant.. I love what that di verbi is doing there... Potter must be gutted! Lol

I thought we played well in the Arsenal game, it was almost as if the players said “f**k this” and just went after it on their own, we sensed Arsenal wobble and went for the throat…..so it’s not like we don’t have the team to do it, to be fair, we have had for the last couple of seasons probably the best team we have had in decades.

And that dour jock prick wants to play in mid and low blocks all the time with a lone 33 year old knocking his pan in up front ! 

You are bang on the money though mate, if you don’t go after these teams who are coached properly they will just keep moving you around until they kill you.

Brentford have been a joy to watch, Frank has created something there……lose Ivan Toney, no problem, Mbouma will just take over.

Everyone knows what they are doing, everyone believes in it, scared of nobody…..fantastic stuff. 

• Like 1

43 years ive waited for that moment the other night its been without doubt the best few weeks of my West Ham  life....tears of joy with lifelong pals,my son who ive always had a strained relationship with telling me a few days before " dad if we're going to win this i want to be with you when it happens ", i was a complete emotional wreck the whole trip....yes its a 2 bob competition but being a fan of your club is about the memories you make that will last a lifetime so i feel blessed to have been there with other long standing fans of what has always been our local family club.

No fan sits around reminiscing about the year their club finished top 4 but marketing and money has a whole generation of fans fooled into believing 4th place and the money they dont even see is better than embracing your fellow fan over winning a trophy.....apart from winning the FA Cup over 40 years ago nothing comes close to this for a no frills,uncomplicated basic club fan like myself.

COME ON YOU IRONS !!!!

IMG_4509.jpg

IMG_4527.jpg

IMG_4521.jpg

IMG_4520.jpg

IMG_4517.jpg

IMG_4523.jpg

IMG_4524.jpg

IMG_4526.jpg

IMG_4515.jpg

IMG_4514.jpg

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 09/06/2023 at 21:56, Blackmag said:

Heres the reality....over the last 10 years we average 10th position in the greatest league in world football....we are no longer a yo yo club we are a solid premiership club with 11 straight seasons in the top flight....having finished 6th/7th and 14th in the last 3 years we are now closer to our much bigger London rivals than we've been for a long time....having seen our under 18 side win the league and FA Youth Cup,our senior side win a European trophy,we have had a better season than Arsenal/Spurs and Chelsea put together !

As regards how we played the other night who gives a f**k how you win a cup final as long as you win it....im delighted for David Moyes he deserves great credit after having his fingers burned at a few toxic clubs he's managed to reinvent himself and is truly one of footballs good guys......is he a great manager im not so sure but what fans of ours need to remember is the manager we've all hero worshipped all these years because of the lovely flowing football he played actually took us down bottom of the league and has a win % over 15 years that is inferior to Moyes....John Lyall,Ron Greenwood,Ted Fenton,Redknapp,Bilic whoever you like none of them have a record as good as Moyes......so does not being a modern coach playing modern football mean he doesnt hold value of course it doesnt,what he lacks in those departments he makes up for with experience and tactical nouse.....again lets have Pep/Mourinho/ or any of these modern coaches  winning trophies with names like Coufal and Antonio instead of the worlds great players.....anyway styles in football change all the time whats popular now might not be in 5 years time.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

As for you Wilf your reminding me of that poisonous horrible little gremlin Sullivan....he was the same couldnt even give it 24 hours before trying to wipe the smiles off our faces telling us something we already knew about Dekkers playing his last game.....we've had a strange little bunch of " new fans " since the move who actually dislike us fans who genuinely like our club,like our fans,like our traditions......as you may remember we spent the first few years in this new stadium fighting amongst ourselves about all these new " big club " theories.....lads like you probably dont even get the sarcasm and humour behind the whole " MASSIVE " song but its a piss take to fans like you/them who wanted this move to a MASSIVE new ground to become a " MASSIVE club ".......the irony is yous wanted the move in order to be a MASSIVE club and you got it.....you's wanted to be able to attract big money players and you got it.....you wanted European football and you got it......yous wanted to win trophies and you've even got that now yet you're still f****n moaning !!!

Anyone would think we've been spoilt with Harlem Globetrotters type entertainment over the years most of the time its been f****n terrible....does Moyes play attractive Lyall esque type attacking football,no....does he play Allardyce depressing smash the ball up in the air type football,no......he plays in between both with tactics that he feels are the best option with the players available to him and thats good enough for 99% of fans and people who have a lot more experience and knowledge of the game than you or i.

Anyway im not going to have some big long too and fro about it im off on me jollies tomorrow me and my closest pals decided a few weeks back if we win the cup we'll spend the summer on a holiday of a lifetime type caper and if we lost we'd have 2 weeks in Bognor Regis ?....so off we go :boogy:.....all the best everyone.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3

What can I say mate, I’m the bloke who don’t join in the pissed up conga at partys because, despite everyone having fun, I know I’m just making a tit of myself……don’t mean I didn’t like the party, I just leave out the silly bits.

The best bit is, I didn’t stop anyone else enjoying themselves and I don’t care that they did.