A question for home lurchers...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, ya gotta look after your old pals,..they deserve a wee bit of comfort... "Work them hard and treat them like Heroes"..?  

all working dogs should be kenneled outside.indoors will make them soft.as a young man I actually believed this. experience has learnt me that it makes no difference whatsoever .seen dogs looking soft

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Joeboe2000 said:

Got a 13 week old, everythings going great but the Mrs is desperate for him to be a sofa dog... Anyone have any experience with this?

A lot kennel theirs  , mines a sofa surfer…. Don’t think it makes a difference mate , it won’t make it not hunt just because it watches tv and has centersl heating , But then he’s not a proper lurcher apparently ,so what do i know ?.

• Like 2

Couldn't be having that!!..?...I might add the middle dog is not mine,Lucas Lucas bred direct  and is an absolute miller on all things wild,....sofa or no sofa

Screenshot_2022-11-17-18-00-49-275_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

IMG-20220108-WA0044.jpg

IMG-20220114-WA0003.jpg

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Couldn't be having that!!..?...I might add the middle dog is not mine,Lucas Lucas bred direct  and is an absolute miller on all things wild,....sofa or no sofa

Screenshot_2022-11-17-18-00-49-275_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

IMG-20220108-WA0044.jpg

IMG-20220114-WA0003.jpg

Bloody Norah ,lol ? cracking pics mate, brought a smile to my face, thanks fer posting 

• Like 1

all working dogs should be kenneled outside.indoors will make them soft.as a young man I actually believed this. experience has learnt me that it makes no difference whatsoever .seen dogs looking soft lay at front of the fire etc,but out in field doing the job , which is all that matters ?

• Like 11

In or out matters not for working. As for convenience they both have there pros and cons so what ever works for you. I think they appreciate being with you more when they are kept outside so that may help with things but who knows 

I’ve kept dogs in an out over the years it makes no difference to workability there pros an cons to both one of my only hates was with foxing dogs is having to wash them down thoroughly after a night out or there stink the house out of fox think that’s the last thing you want to be doing after a night out but other than that no problems in or out

1 hour ago, Joeboe2000 said:

Got a 13 week old, everythings going great but the Mrs is desperate for him to be a sofa dog... Anyone have any experience with this?

Nowt wrong with that mate, on hot summer days, my dog had the choice of sleeping outside all night in between my garden and she'd, or crackin down in bed with me, she was a member of my family, I have her what she wanted, in return , she gave meany years of friendship and happines             RIP Nell 

• Like 3