Officially in a Recession

10 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

as parents we only want the best for them and more importantly to be happy. 

Best thing anyone can do for their kids with the world at 8 billion is a good education, the world is shrinking, populations are becoming more mobile, there's going to be fierce competition in the workplace, its coming. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We would start 4 keen young lads tomorrow if we could get them, most of the youth today are work shy fcukwits.  Sounds horrible but it's the truth. 

We Bought a burger van few weeks back and did a complete refit,all brand-new kit-just put the Mrs out to work in it this week. averaging 200/250 a day on the  first week...fingers crossed it keeps bui

In 1980 had my own groundwork's business I was doing really well when it all went tits up will a recession thanks to Thatcher. Well the company I had a contract with wanted to cut my prices by 20% as

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, mackem said:

Best thing anyone can do for their kids with the world at 8 billion is a good education, the world is shrinking, populations are becoming more mobile, there's going to be fierce competition in the workplace, its coming. 

I agree with you mate only thing some kids are not academically inclined even with the best education in the world one of my grandsons who is coming up to 15 is that way though his work ethic is good for a kid his age through the summer he has got a tidy grass cutting round and now with his polite mannerism has got numerous dogs to walk for pay i just hope he gets good enough grades so he can get an apprenticeship in joinery he wants when he leaves school.

• Like 10

I own and run a small business, we are busy. But crippling raw material prices are going crazy. I have just come out of my fixed term electric,  I do use 3 phase electric for some of our machinery, I was paying £7000  a year and my new bill is £33,000 , so it's gone up a whopping £26,000 A year. Seriously with that and crippling material costs I don't know how next year will go. I was lucky to stay open during covid and worked right through it, I have a cracking team of staff who are worth there weight in gold and who go above and beyond. In fact during covid when a lot of business got a free grant, I gave the staff a grand each bonus as thank you for keeping us up and running during hectic and troublesome times. But I feel now all though  we are still busy it's getting so hard. I can only think to battern down the hatches and try and do as best we can. One lad who works for me is terrible with money,  he gets paid well.  Just can't manage it and every week it's can I have a sub, he lives in a rented home he can ill afford and I think people on such a tight line are going to really struggle. 

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Leo Sayer said:

I own and run a small business, we are busy. But crippling raw material prices are going crazy. I have just come out of my fixed term electric,  I do use 3 phase electric for some of our machinery, I was paying £7000  a year and my new bill is £33,000 , so it's gone up a whopping £26,000 A year. Seriously with that and crippling material costs I don't know how next year will go. I was lucky to stay open during covid and worked right through it, I have a cracking team of staff who are worth there weight in gold and who go above and beyond. In fact during covid when a lot of business got a free grant, I gave the staff a grand each bonus as thank you for keeping us up and running during hectic and troublesome times. But I feel now all though  we are still busy it's getting so hard. I can only think to battern down the hatches and try and do as best we can. One lad who works for me is terrible with money,  he gets paid well.  Just can't manage it and every week it's can I have a sub, he lives in a rented home he can ill afford and I think people on such a tight line are going to really struggle. 

Until just before lockdown I had a joinery  shop attached to the office making sash windows ,brace and ledger doors etc but so glad I ditched that and now outsource it .I could see the money literally floating out the door .

I too had a lad on that wanted subs into next month .I know pay his rent by standing order ,taxable and no subs whatsoever .

Hes docked at source for the rent ..I’m amazed what the hell he spends it on because he has no other half nor hobbies .Might be hookers and beer I guess .

For my part and my business I now have office people working at home 3 days a week and Saturday morns .

we are booked well into next June with extensions and local authority work which I detest but pays the bills .

Too many hoops to jump through for my liking just to please some jumped up twat that’s never picked up a tool .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Leo Sayer said:

I do use 3 phase electric for some of our machinery, I was paying £7000  a year and my new bill is £33,000 , so it's gone up a whopping £26,000 A year.

There's lads who work for lecky companies, come out in the van, dig up the pavement, proper job, that's what I would be doing in that situation. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, WILF said:

My daughter and her boyfriend moved over to Swansea for his work (he is some kind of scientist !) and she is a PA for some big firm in London which she does remotely, they are on over a grand a week between them, no kids, no debt, no credit cards, car is owned, just a rented house and they are going to move back soon because they don’t have hardly any money left to themselves every week ! 
She phoned me last night and just said “this is shit Dad”……they don’t want to just work for the man and I don’t blame them.

f**k all future for young people in that country now.

Not being funny but in their situation what are they blowing a grand a week on? Just curious.

28 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

Not being funny but in their situation what are they blowing a grand a week on? Just curious.

They are “blowing it” on rent, electric, council tax, gas, petrol, phone bill and eating eating !

They have cheekily booked themselves 5 days in Copenhagen and a weeks skiing in France in January which isn’t exactly pushing the boat out imho ! 

10 minutes ago, WILF said:

They are “blowing it” on rent, electric, council tax, gas, petrol, phone bill and eating eating !

They have cheekily booked themselves 5 days in Copenhagen and a weeks skiing in France in January which isn’t exactly pushing the boat out imho ! 

Just seems a bit excessive but each to their own.

Recessions will always crop up from time to time. Slows the borrowers down. Literally everything you can buy on monthly now. It seems crazy that if you take out a monthly payment on a washing machine for example you will pay more than the richer man who buys it outright. I do believe this borrowing money trend will get a lot people in trouble

• Like 4