What job.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree ? I doubt many will complain about a Fillipina nurse, an Indian doctor, a Japanese scientist or an Australian engineer coming here to do a job where they are needed. But the thousand

I wouldn't change anything. Really happy with where I am and what I've built. Wake up at 8am to coffee in bed, walk the lad to school, over the field with the dogs. Leave for work at 9.30....try and g

I am doing a job now that I never expected to do or planned for, but should have. Working as a carer for rapidly deteriorating very elderly parents with individual mental and physical problems. Luckil

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Um... I'm sorry Sandy but I don't think we can really compare Devon to a lot of the South East or Midlands, or any of the major towns in the North of the country... Your from Luton and it's a million miles away from Exeter, Plymouth or Barnstaple... has Devon changed considerably , yes absolutely, is it all for the good...no way... Exeter is nothing like the town it was 25 years ago, and the outskirts are growing rapidly housing thousands of people from other areas, all different race, colour and religions but the crux is the town and infrastructure can't cope, I've said before the first town in Devon built since the middle ages (Cranbrook), to house people from other councils over spill... but I've worked and lived in many parts of the country and there is no comparison to the multi cultrulism of many of these... my uncle moved from Devon to Surrey nearly 40 years ago, his area is slowly changed where many of his neighbours are Asian, the full row of shops opposite his house are now Asian owned... his views have changed dramatically and I think he may move back... because quite simply at the moment Devon is still less affected by the huge swathes of immigrants settling here, we do not have whole areas/towns where it is Asian only, we don't have large black only communities.... of course we have eastern Europeans working in many manual jobs but I think there are only 2 polish shops in Exeter which is the County capital!, the top end of town has had a mosque for 25 or more years, I think that is the only one?.... It's going to change, no doubt, but Devon and Cornwall just don't have the pull of the major towns and Cities around the country... we have no money and eat carrots all the time don't forget!! lol   

He knows it isn’t effected by the issues his politics and rhetoric created mate…..we all do……that’s why he lives there ! 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, mackem said:

Anyone who thinks Luton ?is the same as rural Devon in terms of 3'rd world immigration isn't being entirely honest either with themselves or anyone else ?

Like most of these demented loons, when the truth don’t fit, just tell f***ing lies ! Lol ? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

Like most of these demented loons, when the truth don’t fit, just tell f***ing lies ! Lol ? 

I was in Southall yesterday, I really with I had taken a couple of photographs, I remember musing how much it reminded me of a quintessential Devonshire village ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
22 minutes ago, WILF said:

He knows it isn’t effected by the issues his politics and rhetoric created mate…..we all do……that’s why he lives there ! 

Mate I'm not calling out Sandy tbh, he offered me a good turn a while back and a couple of lads who are good mates of mine have met him and said he is a good sort... so I'll judge the bloke on that rather than politics I perhaps don't agree with... but there is no way you can compare Devon or the few large towns/Cities here with any of the major towns/Cities across the Midlands, South East or North...it's like chalk and cheese

• Like 2
Just now, mackem said:

I was in Southall yesterday, I really with I had taken a couple of photographs, I remember musing how much it reminded me of a quintessential Devonshire village ?

Mate, I know…..I know what it was like before I moved, god knows what it’s like now ! 

Just now, NEWKID said:

Mate I'm not calling out Sandy tbh, he offered me a good turn a while back and a couple of lads who are good mates of mine have met him and said he is a good sort... so I'll judge the bloke on that rather than politics I perhaps don't agree with... but there is no way you can compare Devon or the few large towns/Cities here with any of the major towns/Cities across the Midlands, South East or North...it's like chalk and cheese

That’s fair enough mate and exactly how it should be, but he may get away with telling utter fabrications to lads who ain’t been all round the country all their life……but not to lads who have.

There’s a reason there are 14 pages of houses over a million quid in Devon and it ain’t the ice cream ;) 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

Mate, I know…..I know what it was like before I moved, god knows what it’s like now ! 

I saw 4 maybe 5 white people in Southall, and they were probably Eastern European, the place reminded me of Delhi or amritsar. 

• Sad 1
6 hours ago, dytkos said:

Sandy you seem to have a lovely family and lifestyle. Not everyone can escape though.

This is the real world. 

Cheers, D.

Sandy speaks of the multicultural area he lives in, that's great, he speaks of the NHS, fantastic, but he lives in a bubble, a comfort zone, a pie in the sky left wing fantasy, he doesn't go out in Devon and trip over Romania beggars doing shifts outside the cash machines on the High Street, or drunken Eastern Europeans sitting on the streets, or masked up gangs of somali youths, or everyone in a shopping area speaking urdu, hindu, punjabi or even hausa or yoruba, he just doesnt, it's fantasy, he interacts with a small number of well educated immigrants who migrated to the UK to do a job, not the world's flotsam and jetsam who slipped furtively over the channel on small boats to milk the state, put burden on the system and offer zero back in return, Sandys multicultural Devonshire utopia is a far cry from the UK's reality. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
14 minutes ago, mackem said:

Sandy speaks of the multicultural area he lives in, that's great, he speaks of the NHS, fantastic, but he lives in a bubble, a comfort zone, a pie in the sky left wing fantasy, he doesn't go out in Devon and trip over Romania beggars doing shifts outside the cash machines on the High Street, or drunken Eastern Europeans sitting on the streets, or masked up gangs of somali youths, or everyone in a shopping area speaking urdu, hindu, punjabi or even hausa or yoruba, he just doesnt, it's fantasy, he interacts with a small number of well educated immigrants who migrated to the UK to do a job, not the world's flotsam and jetsam who slipped furtively over the channel on small boats to milk the state, put burden on the system and offer zero back in return, Sandys multicultural Devonshire utopia is a far cry from the UK's reality. 

If I was a medical professional from some of the countries sandy has mentioned and had the chance to work in the UK the large inner city's would be the last place I would want to work so imho it's inevitable you will get a better class of immigrant to come and work in rural areas in the NHS. A lot on the left use the excuse for unlimited migration on it being used to help the NHS. 

• Like 2