What has gone wrong it never used to be like this ?

1 hour ago, Arry said:

Sad to see IMO it's not just festivals now it's beauty spots on the Moors the Lake District the Beaches. Even just mooching on the coast yesterday dog shit in bags every so often hanging on a gorse twig or thrown underneath a bush. Plastic bottles down rabbit holes or red bull/cider cans stuffed in a dry stone wall. All degrading back acting like cattle threading in their own bedding and walking in their own fodder, people turning into animals. No respect for the country side and what we have it's just them and the world revolves around them and some body else can clear their shit up like we do for cattle.

Cheers Arry

I honestly believe a lot of it's down to not educating our younger generation we were taught rigorously in infant and junior school to put your rubbish in a bin also the keep Britain tidy adverts on the TV . A litter picking group has set up around me with volunteers out every week trying to keep topside of the litter some playing fields near me after the Sunday football games the field is strewn with plastic bottle's and energy drink cans pity it don't give them the energy to put the fekers in the bin.

• Like 7

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sad to see IMO it's not just festivals now it's beauty spots on the Moors the Lake District the Beaches. Even just mooching on the coast yesterday dog shit in bags every so often hanging on a gorse tw

we always offer the children's suncream, inflatable toys / any  spare firewood etc to any new arrivals with young kids when we go away abroad or even over here in the motorhome...watched my parents do

I can remember a mate giving a home to a left sleeping bag (£200 worth apparently). When he got home, he hung it on the line to air it, It was then that he found out someone had shat in it ?

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

On a side note,I'm contemplating buying a tent and there's a few hundred abandoned ffs....lol..filthy carry on all the same

More than enough evidence of the throw away society we have become when you see pics like the one posted 

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, Timmy H said:

A simple solution to festival litter, charge everyone an extra £200 deposit. If there's any litter left behind nobody gets their deposit back.

Like Stopend said, it'll already be priced in to the ticket cost. Adding a ridiculous number like £200 out of spite would simply ruin the bottom line and end the event.

It's a filthy indictment of modern society nonetheless.

at work on the doors ive watched people in the queue put a drinks bottle on the top of a bin...or on the pavement at the side of the bin.

of course we make the go back and put them in...

• Like 1

about 6 month ago a young fella stood on this bin...it's about 4 foot high big metal thing and take a piss on our Windows...the other side of the window in the bar as a booth seating area where a group of people were sat eating a meal.

lucky for him as we noticed him and ran down he jumped down and was on toes.....f***ing scum some people

Edited by TOMO

I lived at the Caversham Bridge end of Caversham Road for a while - Reading Festival weekend is a f***ing nightmare. 

That horde clogs up the area for the whole weekend - c**ts trying to sell their tat from peoples front gardens. When they finally leave, it's like something from the Walking dead streaming past for hours, barely functioning due to come-downs and hang-overs.

............ They leave mess and crap everywhere from those fields all the way to the railway station. 

• Sad 1

Throwaway society, from the woke generation of hypocrites. 

The same generation that point the finger at everyone else that we’re ruining the planet etc 

The age group attending that are the same blaming the older generation for climate change etc

but all that said, most of that is left because of guess 99% of folk know there will be a major clean up after the even so isn’t the same as your kfc out the window cuntbag. 

Still a disgusting sight  though.  

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Go to a busy campsite in the uk around Thursday night, Friday mornings an go stand by the bins? we been on loads last few years an it seems tk be the in thing now to go out, spend a grand on 6 man tent an all the gear, use it for week then dump the lot next to bins on way home?‍♂️ It’s Fcuking crazy, I just wish I’d known that before buying all the gear haha I told an old guy about it a couple weeks ago on the Thursday whilst we all camping in gower, next morning he had 3 gas bottles, 3 gas cooker, the kitchen unit setups an a couple little 2/3 man tents for his grandkids haha ? 

So right Katchum I worked on a theme park with adjoining camp site there were some lovely tents left behind and all the bits like air beds pumps gas bottles. I think most people work out how to put tents up but when it came to packing them up again just gave up. Had Caravans left out side in the bus stop abandon number plates removed, my mate in maintenance used to toe them in strip them back and make trailers out of them as most were rough.

Theres a small caravan dumped about two miles from park in a lay-by I see when driving past the other day, again old and rough.

Cheers Arry 

At the end of all inclusive holidays in Spain, there is a pile of stuff usually left at a point near the pool, this included, stuff like armbands, books, sliders, fishing nets etc. People are encouraged to re-use them....i saw a Spanish security guard get into his Peugeot 205....it was full to the brim of leftover stuff. At least it was being re-used! 

Cheers Aled

Edited by Aled
2 hours ago, Aled said:

At the end of all inclusive holidays in Spain, there is a pile of stuff usually left at a point near the pool, this included, stuff like armbands, books, sliders, fishing nets etc. People are encouraged to re-use them....i saw a Spanish security guard get into his Peugeot 205....it was full to the brim of leftover stuff. At least it was be re-used! 

Cheers Aled

we always offer the children's suncream, inflatable toys / any  spare firewood etc to any new arrivals with young kids when we go away abroad or even over here in the motorhome...watched my parents do the very same growing up...that's just what decent sorts do ?

• Like 10
6 hours ago, TOMO said:

at work on the doors ive watched people in the queue put a drinks bottle on the top of a bin...or on the pavement at the side of the bin.

of course we make the go back and put them in...

I was waiting outside school waiting for the step daughter to arrive. While I was sat in  my car a bloke got out of his car, put a can at the side of the kerb and walked around the corner towards the school. I got the can which was half full and put it in his car, wedged under the clutch pedal. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
On 30/08/2022 at 20:15, fireman said:

There was a nice old school pre rave festival in Warwickshire over the weekend,all old school new agers and the dungaree wearing hippie types but anyone had tried to leave a mess like that and there'd been shown the errors of there ways that's for sure....

Horse drawn fest ? Lemington Spa 

• Like 1