Y'all and dogs

Just now, chartpolski said:

I have an ongoing dispute with a local 'keeper, and some years ago him and two of his pals pulled me as I was walking over the two fields between my Allotments and house.

I had the Doberman and Delta, my little Beddy type with me. The keeper threatened to give me a hiding, showing off in front of his pals.

Anyhow, I leashed up the lurcher and called the Doberman to my side. I said you can try to give me a hiding, but you'll need to be good. The Doberman seemed to sense the tension and gave that stare and low growl that only a doban can..... I could see the confidence draining from the 'keeper so I just laughed at him and walked off. Would she have attacked him ? I don't know, but he certainly didn't want to find out ! ?

Cheers.

A fired up Doberman with confidence and presence is a scary fecker. A friend of mine had one from a  working background and it was  a beast to behold when guarding.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man idk what's with you honestly. Yes is polar opposite hence why I'm curious and asking I'm trying to expand my knowledge my guy.  So yes I will show my confusion I will say what think. That's how yo

There’s nothing wrong with wanting the best of things imho mate, I like good kit for anything I do and that extended to not wanting an absolute article at the end of a slip (and believe me, I have had

By far and large yes. But equally that type know f**k all about breeding really, and their interest in blood is superficial, beginning and ending with a bit of paper with some red on it. The lads that

Posted Images

1 minute ago, comanche said:

Er no , l bow to your command of language  and defend myself by saying that the limits of the keyboard do not always allow the  expression of subtle humour  or levity. Clearly l am in error.  

Tad concerned  as to why you ended you post to Wolfie with a kiss though.??

Here's one for you too x

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I have an ongoing dispute with a local 'keeper, and some years ago him and two of his pals pulled me as I was walking over the two fields between my Allotments and house.

I had the Doberman and Delta, my little Beddy type with me. The keeper threatened to give me a hiding, showing off in front of his pals.

Anyhow, I leashed up the lurcher and called the Doberman to my side. I said you can try to give me a hiding, but you'll need to be good. The Doberman seemed to sense the tension and gave that stare and low growl that only a doban can..... I could see the confidence draining from the 'keeper so I just laughed at him and walked off. Would she have attacked him ? I don't know, but he certainly didn't want to find out ! ?

Cheers.

Some GSPs are very Doberman like, they get attached to one person.

I had a lovely bitch here the other year but she started to get that streak in her and I couldn’t take that chance with my little lad or any of the kids, I may even have been upset if she bit the wife ! Lol 

Bloody shame because she was nice.

Edited by WILF
9 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

A fired up Doberman with confidence and presence is a scary fecker. A friend of mine had one from a  working background and it was  a beast to behold when guarding.

Decent ones are a machine when they get going.

Just now, WILF said:

Some GSPs are very Doberman like, they get attached to one person.

I had a lovely bitch here the other year but she started to get that streak in her and I couldn’t take that chance with my little lad or any of the kids, I may even have been upset if she bit the wife ! Lol 

Bloody shame because she was nice.

What dogs you got now Wilf? You had spaniels at one time didn't you, and a deerhoundy lurcher bred by Mik?

Was the deerhound type you got from mik one of the brother sister mating ? 

I often wondered how they turned out.

The sire was a fine looking dog, I remember giving it supreme champion at Neilston when foxgun tom and gash roped me into judging !

Cheers.

6 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

Come on, get it off your chest - is it because he's black or because he's American?

Share it with the group, you'll feel better.......... you're not a copper now, you don't have to hide those feelings anymore :acute:

He's up his own arse that ignoramus,remember Jon he said the unjabbed should be treated different from the jabbed,he'd send you to the gulag if it came to it,he's one to be watched.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Was the deerhound type you got from mik one of the brother sister mating ? 

I often wondered how they turned out.

The sire was a fine looking dog, I remember giving it supreme champion at Neilston when foxgun tom and gash roped me into judging !

Cheers.

???????

10 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

How amazing would it be if a load of Uk lurcher lads batted around the USA in a legacy and forester ???

Some melt up a baiting station eying in a whitetail in the sights of a his crossbow and two huge bull crosses come flying over the hill and clamp it …”that’s my dog that chore ! “ 

Netflix surely awaits such a treasure 

You know we have clubs for that down here right lol. Plenty of deer runners. You make it over here I'll try and hook you up....o but your dogs might need some kevlar cut vests

8 hours ago, Nicepix said:

How Brits train and work hunting dogs is polar opposite to how the Yanks do it. It is far more personal and involves a relationship with ups and downs. To them a dog is a tool, nothing more.

Man idk what's with you honestly. Yes is polar opposite hence why I'm curious and asking I'm trying to expand my knowledge my guy.  So yes I will show my confusion I will say what think. That's how you learn and grow as a person ? Guess I should apologize for not being as well educated or whatever on these matters but this is why I ask questions.  I mean hell if one of you guys hopped onto trapperman and started asking questions about what we do I'd 100% expect the same. ( Btw you guys have open invite to join our forum if your like a change of pace don't have to stay in the international forum we'd enjoy the new blood ).

And dude dogs are nothing less then family ( hell kids to a point) to most hounds men and own over here just because we don't do things 100% the same way doesn't mean we don't value our animals. Yeah there people who see them and nothing less then tools but their the minority honestly.

Also you don't have to constantly keep hoping on my posts if I'm so bad you know, because seems you wanna just turn everything into a pissing match and complain about Americans. I mean I get Evey now and then for shits and giggles but it's just constant with you. 

But yeah heres your cookie? you win whatever.I'm done it's not even funny at this point 

God Bless ya .

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

what’s he like mate ? What x is he and how big is he ? 

glad to hear he’s still about pal , how is he doing in the heat ?? 

That's it  mate,  most on here just think of his size. And I be the same true,  but the dog done more,  and caught  more than any  of my other lurchers  in 36 years I've kept lurchers. That why  spoke of his size,  he made it look piss easy picking  rabbits up. But he old now  mate,   10  maybe  couple years he be gone.  He struggled  in heat  like every dog as. 

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

Come on, get it off your chest - is it because he's black or because he's American?

Share it with the group, you'll feel better.......... you're not a copper now, you don't have to hide those feelings anymore :acute:

Like seriously, let it out ,I'm a big boy your not gonna hurt my feelers ? Hell I get along with Wilf so that should tell you something ?

• Haha 2